+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit Application Questions while waiting for PR Application to Process (Spouse or Common-Law in Canada Class)

canasian1798

Nov 21, 2022
Yeah, 5710 is the main one and 5707 is the family info. I also got IMM5257 as an optional one, but i didnt fill it in, because i dont think it applies, i already have my visitors record and dont need to apply for another temporary residence.
Are you able to back track so show what answers you gave for the questionnaire? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get the IMM5707 to show up as part of my required documents.

AnnaW

Jan 16, 2023
Are you able to back track so show what answers you gave for the questionnaire? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I can't seem to get the IMM5707 to show up as part of my required documents.
No, I don't see now what my answers were... I chose that I want to stay temporary, but more than six months or something like that. If you select permanent it will lead you to sponsorship, so it has to be temporary work, but for more than six months.

canasian1798

Nov 21, 2022
No, I don't see now what my answers were... I chose that I want to stay temporary, but more than six months or something like that. If you select permanent it will lead you to sponsorship, so it has to be temporary work, but for more than six months.
Ah, that's unfortunate. I picked that for the length of stay as well. Not sure what I'm picking wrong to not get the other form. If you're able to replicate it with a new application let me know! I've just been trying a bunch of times using this one and you don't even have to log in.

I also heard from other sources that the IMM 5707 is actually more for outland applicants which confused me as this program is specifically for inland sponsorship.

bbqman

Mar 15, 2023
Hi,

I am also helping my common-law partner with her OWP while waiting for PR sponsorship in Canada.

This link shows the special things to fill when we are applying under this Pilot Project (which allows Sponsored person to apply for OWP while waiting): Open work permit: Applying as a sponsored spouse or common-law partner in Canada - Canada.ca

Copy Paste important part:
How to fill out the application form
When you fill out the work permit application form, enter the following details in the “Details of intended work in Canada” section:

• Box 1: What type of work permit are you applying for?
    • Select “Open Work Permit.”
  • Box 4: Job title and Brief description of duties
    • Enter “SCLPC OWP” in the Job title box.
    • Enter “Spouse and common-law partner in Canada pilot program” in the Brief description of duties box.
Read the guide to find out how to fill out the rest of the form.

Upload supporting documents
  • In the “Client information” part of the document checklist, upload
    • the AoR that shows that the permanent residence application is complete
  • In the Family Information form (IMM 5707) part of the document checklist, upload
    • the Family Information form and
    • your marriage licence or certificate or the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)

I do not see 5707 as part of my generated checklist. I believe I filled the questionnaire correctly. Really weird. Anyone figured this out?

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi All,

I have a few questions with how to apply for the Open Work Permit while we wait for our Spousal Sponsorship PR to go through.

1. Since everything is now done online, I understand that we have to wait for our AoR before we submit our Open Work Permit application. We are now in the process of paying fees for the PR Application and part of it is asking if we are planning to apply for an open work permit while we wait. We click yes and it includes the fees for the Open Work Permit application. Is this still the case if we are doing the Open Work Permit application separately and have to wait for the AoR first?

2. As per this link, it shows the steps on what we need to do to apply for the Open Work Permit, however the link to the portal does not work. Does anybody have another link for this or if this is the same portal where you would apply for visitor and work permits?? (this) We tried using this portal however we couldn't really get the same questionnaire as the one in the sample.

My main worry is if the work permit application is done in a separate portal, I am worried it will make us pay these fees again as I remember it has it's own page for paying fees such as in visitor extension applications. It did not let you proceed until you paid that fee in that portal.

Has anyone else gone through the all-online process of applying for PR and the work permit alongside it??

Thanks!
Hi!
I am in a similiar situation. I have submitted my PR application and paid the OWP fees along with my PR application.
Now, When I am submitting my OWP, I am being asked to pay 255 again.
How were you able to fix that. I can learn from your experience.

demonpreet

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi,

I am also helping my common-law partner with her OWP while waiting for PR sponsorship in Canada.

This link shows the special things to fill when we are applying under this Pilot Project (which allows Sponsored person to apply for OWP while waiting): Open work permit: Applying as a sponsored spouse or common-law partner in Canada - Canada.ca

Copy Paste important part:
How to fill out the application form
When you fill out the work permit application form, enter the following details in the “Details of intended work in Canada” section:

• Box 1: What type of work permit are you applying for?
    • Select “Open Work Permit.”
  • Box 4: Job title and Brief description of duties
    • Enter “SCLPC OWP” in the Job title box.
    • Enter “Spouse and common-law partner in Canada pilot program” in the Brief description of duties box.
Read the guide to find out how to fill out the rest of the form.

Upload supporting documents
  • In the “Client information” part of the document checklist, upload
    • the AoR that shows that the permanent residence application is complete
  • In the Family Information form (IMM 5707) part of the document checklist, upload
    • the Family Information form and
    • your marriage licence or certificate or the Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)

I do not see 5707 as part of my generated checklist. I believe I filled the questionnaire correctly. Really weird. Anyone figured this out?
I noticed the same when I was trying to fill the application.
I don't get 5707. Did you got any solution for this?

leo89b

Mar 2, 2023
We also submitted our application without 5707 form.

We faced the payment issue as well and ended up paying $255.00 again for the OWP application.

We hope, there is any way to get refund for $ 255.00

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We hope, there is any way to get refund for $ 255.00
Contact IRCC and request refund for paying twice. Make sure to tell them you paid twice because the system didnt seem to take into account that you'd already paid and you wanted to avoid delays.

Reactions: leo89b
Dec 9, 2023
Hi, I just ended up applying without the 5707 form.
Hello!

I am wondering if you have successfully got your OWP without the 5707 form.

I am in the same situation like yours. I believed that I answered all the questions correctly and there is no 5707 form in the personalized document checklist. It was only IMM5710 (main), 5257 (optional, irrelevant to Inland application) and Client Information.

Many thanks!

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Hello!

I am in the same situation like yours. I believed that I answered all the questions correctly and there is no 5707 form in the personalized document checklist. It was only IMM5710 (main), 5257 (optional, irrelevant to Inland application) and Client Information.

Many thanks!
I applied without it because there is no plave you can attach it, and under client information you can only attach one file, so i have to combine the proof of relationship with other documents but I couldn't add the thata file because it is encrypted (locked by IRCC)

Master5678

Star Member
May 11, 2023
Hello!

Many thanks!
I applied without it too. I believe they updated their system and requirements and we dont need that form anymore. Im assuming with AOR, they can pull Family info from our PR application.