+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit App Returned due to Insufficient Payment

ghemanica

Nov 1, 2018
Hello,

new here. I just realized that I didn't pay sufficient funds for my husband's inland OWP application. I submitted his application at the beginning of August so I expect to receive the OWP any day now.
Since I know for sure that I had only paid $100 for the OWP, is there anything I can do to send the balance of $155 before they start reviewing the application?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
I also forgot to pay 155 but I paid it after and submitted the receipt using web form with the explanation and they had accepted it

ghemanica

Nov 1, 2018
I just paid and submitted the $155 receipt online. How do you know if they accepted it?
Thanks so much for your reply.

by submitting online means through the IRCC Web Form

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
I just paid and submitted the $155 receipt online. How do you know if they accepted it?
Thanks so much for your reply.

by submitting online means through the IRCC Web Form
Yes submitting means through IRCC.

You will receive an email after 3-4 weeks from IRCC acknowledging that they received your payment receipt and forwarded it to the appropriate office. Hope that helps

ghemanica

Nov 1, 2018
oh God... 3-4 weeks is a lot... They might have started working on the application already... I submitted the ap

elcwhitney

Oct 25, 2018
Lethbridge, AB
App. Filed.......
15/10/2018
LANDED..........
01/08/2018
Hi there!
So I seem to be in the same boat as most here that are saying they didn't provide sufficient payments for the OWP. I checked my the copies of the paperwork I sent and was also missing the $155.
I went online, paid immediately and the day I received my AOR (today, 2018/11/01) I submitted an IRCC webform attaching all 3 receipts providing proof I have sufficiently paid. Am I better off re-mailing the application again with all the proper documents or has anyone had any positive experience with the IRCC webform attachments successfully being included in the original application?

ghemanica

Nov 1, 2018
hmmm... my boat is sinking. I submitted my application in August and just realized that I didn't provide sufficient funds.
I don't think you should submit your entire application but that's just me

elcwhitney

Oct 25, 2018
Lethbridge, AB
App. Filed.......
15/10/2018
LANDED..........
01/08/2018
hmmm... my boat is sinking. I submitted my application in August and just realized that I didn't provide sufficient funds.
I don't think you should submit your entire application but that's just me
Can you pay it and submit it by IRCC webform?

ghemanica

Nov 1, 2018
Already have but because it's so close to them starting to process, the payment might not get to the VO in time. my hear is at ease - I least I did my best.

Thank you all!

ghemanica

Nov 1, 2018
Just wanted to give you an update. Today I received an email saying that my request has been forwarded to the responsible office. Wish me luck!

Vivolino

Star Member
Jan 17, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
hello everyone!
need some help please!
My application was received November 30, I didn’t receive anything back yet, and i realized i payed wrong for open work (I payed $100 for the Open Work Permit Holder Fee, but didn't know I also have to pay $155 for the Work Permit Application Fee) . so I’m worried they might return my application. I payed today, but how can I let them know I made a payment? I cannot use IRCC Web form as I don’t have client id number etc. what should I do before they return it? Thank you!

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
hello everyone!
need some help please!
My application was received November 30, I didn’t receive anything back yet, and i realized i payed wrong for open work (I payed $100 for the Open Work Permit Holder Fee, but didn't know I also have to pay $155 for the Work Permit Application Fee) . so I’m worried they might return my application. I payed today, but how can I let them know I made a payment? I cannot use IRCC Web form as I don’t have client id number etc. what should I do before they return it? Thank you!
You should have Client I’d/uci number on your visitor visa.