Doc's Request.
06-11-17
AOR Received.
31-10-17
Interview........
14-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-09-2018
hi, the same thing happened to me, how did you go about fixing this, My application has a stamp of the date received. the letter has a either a scratch or underlining or highlighting in red to re submit to CPC Vegreville, did u submit a new form or sent in the stamped one they sent back, also was it Vegreville u sent it to or back to CPC mississauga where u submitted inland spousal application? Your advice would be appreciated
Hi, sorry to hear that it happened to you as well! Seems to be happening a lot, they really need to review their process as it is obviously not clear enough. I simply made the payment, printed off the receipt as proof of payment and added it to the original application, along with the letter they sent back when it was returned to me. I sent it all to the Vegreville office as requested on the the letter they sent. That is the only office that processes work permits, unless it's sent in the same envelope as the Sponsorship/PR application. I hope that's clear for you? All the best with it all!

Reactions: Happiness1012

celinalee1219

Dec 11, 2017
Same here...
I originally submitted my application Oct.10. Two weeks ago (Dec.5), I got an email AOR. in the following week, I got my OWP returned due to insufficient funds. I have re-submitted the OWP application to Vegreville, AB - received Dec. 19.

I called CIC, they told me CIC will grant me the OWP only when my sponsorship immigration is Approved in Principal. I searched on CIC website, AIP means "IRCC stating you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but you still have to pass the medical security and background checks". If this is true (which I hope is not), I guess they will approve my OWP when they are ready to approve my sponsorship immigration, which will take approximately 12 months...

It would be helpful if we could update our status here. So every one of us can have an idea of the progress for cases like this.

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
Same here...
I originally submitted my application Oct.10. Two weeks ago (Dec.5), I got an email AOR. in the following week, I got my OWP returned due to insufficient funds. I have re-submitted the OWP application to Vegreville, AB - received Dec. 19.

I called CIC, they told me CIC will grant me the OWP only when my sponsorship immigration is Approved in Principal. I searched on CIC website, AIP means "IRCC stating you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but you still have to pass the medical security and background checks". If this is true (which I hope is not), I guess they will approve my OWP when they are ready to approve my sponsorship immigration, which will take approximately 12 months...

It would be helpful if we could update our status here. So every one of us can have an idea of the progress for cases like this.
Were you out of status when you submitted your OWP application?

Yakuza_princess

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2017
AOR Received.
December 18, 2017
Same here...

I would most probably have the same response once I send back my owp application as I am already out of status now.

thandaganen

Jan 19, 2018
My application is also came back.....
Do we need to include a new Open Work permit application or only the remaining fees with Old application that we got back ??

Please let me know

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
My application is also came back.....
Do we need to include a new Open Work permit application or only the remaining fees with Old application that we got back ??

Please let me know
It depends if they issued a new application. Make sure you have the most up to date one. You can also apply for OWP online

thandaganen

Jan 19, 2018
It depends if they issued a new application. Make sure you have the most up to date one. You can also apply for OWP online
No they mentioned in the letter only the missing Pay and send the complete package they sent and only the missing fee column is checked in the letter they sent

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
You cannot apply for the OWP online unless you have already received AIP for your PR application, which is not going to be the case for 99% of people who are getting their OWP apps sent back to them.

Reactions: HomeAgain17

chinesecanadian87

Star Member
Jan 30, 2017
You cannot apply for the OWP online unless you have already received AIP for your PR application, which is not going to be the case for 99% of people who are getting their OWP apps sent back to them.
if you are still in status when your OWP is returned you can most certainly apply for an OWP. it all comes down to if you have status or not

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
if you are still in status when your OWP is returned you can most certainly apply for an OWP. it all comes down to if you have status or not
Note that I said ONLINE. There is a difference between applying online and by mail. You can only apply online if you have received AIP. If you are in status, but have not received AIP, you need to apply by mail.

LucyBr

Feb 7, 2018
Same problem with my open work permit application. It was returned due to insufficient payment. I made the additional payment and sent the OWP application back on 19th Jan/2018. I originally submitted the Inland Spousal Sponsorship & Open Work Permit application in Sep/2017, so I was expecting to get the OWP soon. I have a job offer waiting just for the OWP but not sure for how long the company will keep the position held for me. So if any of you guys, in the same situation, have any feedback about your work permit please let me know. I am so frustrated with all this processes and I don´t wanna lose this job opportunity.

Thanks in advance,