+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit App Returned due to Insufficient Payment

cecilia.medico

Jan 23, 2018
how did u chk it online? can u give me the link pls.?thank you!
I logged in to my cic account and linked my application using my UCI (unique client identification) number. I tried almost everyday after a week of trying I got to link it successfully and then I received the email confirming that I linked it along with my OWP application number.

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
I logged in to my cic account and linked my application using my UCI (unique client identification) number. I tried almost everyday after a week of trying I got to link it successfully and then I received the email confirming that I linked it along with my OWP application number.
Could you indicate where did you do that, please? (I also forgot to do it and need to attach the payment receipt)

Tommy66666

Jul 10, 2018
k the fees out of the PR payment, f
I sent my sponsorship app with OWP on Nov 11. I only paid 100$ OWP holder fee for that application. Fortunately I read people's OWP was returned due to insufficient payment. I did not want to wait another month or two for them to return the documents so I paid the rest 155$ work permit fee immediately and sent the receipt to CIC via IRCC Web Form. I hope it works.
Hi

I have the same situation as you do. Just want to know did it work using the web form to send the receipt to CIC?

seikokimura

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Hi

I have the same situation as you do. Just want to know did it work using the web form to send the receipt to CIC?
Yep! It does work! Use IRCC's Web Form to say that you forgot attach the receiptc and do attach the receipt when you submit your query. It'll take some days, but IRCC will send you an e-mail, saying that your document was successfully received by the visa officer.

May 31, 2018
My open work permit application was returned due to insufficient payment (I payed $100 for the Open Work Permit Holder Fee, but didn't realize I also owed $155 for the Work Permit Application Fee). I made the additional payment and sent the OWP application back on Sept. 30th. I originally submitted the Inland Spousal Sponsorship & Open Work Permit application in July, so I was expecting to get the OWP soon. Do you think I'll have to wait an additional 3 months for them to start from scratch with the OWP application? Hoping that's not the case...
Did you sent back same application or reprint the application forms?
Also in my case they asked for $100 additional fee, but there is no way to just pay $100. Or should i just pay $200

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Did you sent back same application or reprint the application forms?
Also in my case they asked for $100 additional fee, but there is no way to just pay $100. Or should i just pay $200
You can pay the $100 fee individually. It is just the open work permit holder fee.

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
Hi.

I have applied for my wife inland sponsorship and open work permit in August 2018.

Fees Paid:

1) Sponsor your spouse or partner: 1040 CAD

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

2)
Open work permit holder: 100 CAD but did not paid Work permit (including extensions) – per person: 155 CAD as i was not aware about it.

Just wondering does CIC will return my application or will deduct 155 fee from right of permanent residence fee ($490) and will ask me to pay the reminder

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi.

I have applied for my wife inland sponsorship and open work permit in August 2018.

Fees Paid:

1) Sponsor your spouse or partner: 1040 CAD

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

2)
Open work permit holder: 100 CAD but did not paid Work permit (including extensions) – per person: 155 CAD as i was not aware about it.

Just wondering does CIC will return my application or will deduct 155 fee from right of permanent residence fee ($490) and will ask me to pay the reminder
They will likely return the OWP app. What is your spouse's current status?

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
She is on Visitor Visa which is expiring on Jan 4, 2019.

But someone above says:

Yep! It does work! Use IRCC's Web Form to say that you forgot attach the receiptc and do attach the receipt when you submit your query. It'll take some days, but IRCC will send you an e-mail, saying that your document was successfully received by the visa officer.

I am thinking to try the Web Form.

When you say "They will likely return the OWP app", do you mean that they will process my wife pr application but only OWP application will be returned due to insufficient reasons

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
She is on Visitor Visa which is expiring on Jan 4, 2019.

But someone above says:

I am thinking to try the Web Form.

When you say "They will likely return the OWP app", do you mean that they will process my wife pr application but only OWP application will be returned due to insufficient reasons
You can try sending a Webform. It is hit or miss.

Yes, they would return the OWP app while continuing to process the PR app.

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
I spoke with CIC agent and he has mentioned that most likely they will take 155 dollars free from right of permanent residence fee ($490) and will refund back the remaining amount and i can pay 490 dollars when they will ask for it

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
On the safer side i also paid OWP fee: 155 CAD and submitted the receipt by Web Form with the following explaination letter:

Dear Officer,

My name is XXXXXX. I am in Canada on Visitor Visa and married to a Canadian Citizen.

My husband has applied for my sponsorship under Spouse or Common Law Partner in Canada Class which includes my applications for Permanent Residence and Open work permit in one package and received by CPC-Mississauga, P.O Box 5040, Station B, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 3A4 on August 8, 2018.

While paying application fee for open work permit, I paid only for Open work permit holder (100 CAD) but forgot to pay Work permit fee (155 CAD).

I am afraid that due to insufficient funds my application might be returned so I am paying Work permit fee (155 CAD) now.

Payment receipt is attached with this letter.

I will appreciate if you can attach this fee receipt with my application for open work permit.

Thank you for your understanding.

You can reach me on cell: XXXXX or email: XXXXXX

Yours Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

First Name: XXXX

Last Name: XXXXX

Nationality: XXXXX

Indian Passport No: XXXXXX

Address: XXXXX

Hopefully it works.

Reactions: CristianFelipe

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I spoke with CIC agent and he has mentioned that most likely they will take 155 dollars free from right of permanent residence fee ($490) and will refund back the remaining amount and i can pay 490 dollars when they will ask for it
A few people have had a nice VO that has done this but the majority of the time, it is just returned.