File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Same problem with my open work permit application. It was returned due to insufficient payment. I made the additional payment and sent the OWP application back on 19th Jan/2018. I originally submitted the Inland Spousal Sponsorship & Open Work Permit application in Sep/2017, so I was expecting to get the OWP soon. I have a job offer waiting just for the OWP but not sure for how long the company will keep the position held for me. So if any of you guys, in the same situation, have any feedback about your work permit please let me know. I am so frustrated with all this processes and I don´t wanna lose this job opportunity.

Thanks in advance,
Were you still in status when you submitted your OWP application in January?
If you sent it direct to Vegreville you can expect to get it around 3 months from sending it in (it takes a little less time compared to submitting up front with the PR app)

Reactions: NHLNFL

LucyBr

Feb 7, 2018
I arrived in Canada on October 19th 2017 as a tourist and applied for a spouse sponsorship and OWP together inland. I send a letter to the case officer explained the reason of the missing fee and also my Job offer letter hoping he will understand my concerns and don´t send me to the back of the queue. Not sure if it helped but I just need to know in the worse case how long more I will have to wait. I can not believe they took two month to find out that there was a missing fee and to send me back the process, so frustrating.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
I arrived in Canada on October 19th 2017 as a tourist and applied for a spouse sponsorship and OWP together inland. I send a letter to the case officer explained the reason of the missing fee and also my Job offer letter hoping he will understand my concerns and don´t send me to the back of the queue. Not sure if it helped but I just need to know in the worse case how long more I will have to wait. I can not believe they took two month to find out that there was a missing fee and to send me back the process, so frustrating.
Ok, like I said you can probably expect to receive it around three months from the date you re-submitted in January. Sorry that happened to you

German89

Jul 17, 2017
Hi there! I have received my OWP due to insufficient payment, it clearly said that my application wasn't reviewed yet and the initial stamp on the date received was crossed out. As I looked on it I discovered 2 mistakes with dates. I wasn't sure if I cld just correct it by pen, because it was a form to validate and has barcodes. So since I understand that the application wasn't even processed and even the received day was crossed out ( it had a file number which also was crossed out) I sent a new one. Also no docs were sent back with the application so I just resent it. But they have my UCI number on it. I don't believe it would be a problem, since they haven't processed it anyway.
Will it be a problem that I sent a complete new one?
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Last edited:

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
Hi there! I have received my OWP due to insufficient payment, it clearly said that my application wasn't reviewed yet and the initial stamp on the date received was crossed out. As I looked on it I discovered 2 mistakes with dates. I wasn't sure if I cld just correct it by pen, because it was a form to validate and has barcodes. So since I understand that the application wasn't even processed and even the received day was crossed out ( it had a file number which also was crossed out) I sent a new one. Also no docs were sent back with the application so I just resent it. But they have my UCI number on it. I don't believe it would be a problem, since they haven't processed it anyway.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
Can you please clarify what is your question?

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
sorry I just edited the question :O

I wanted to know if it will be a problem that I sent a complete new one?I sent the most recent one.
Yes that is totally fine. It does not matter if you resend the one they sent back, or if you print off and send a new one, as long as everything is included that needs to be included.

German89

Jul 17, 2017
Yes that is totally fine. It does not matter if you resend the one they sent back, or if you print off and send a new one, as long as everything is included that needs to be included.
ok thanks god! I was a bit worried, I even resend all copies because they weren't included. My visitor status runs out in a month and they sent it back a month an a week before it expires, so I was worried.

Thanks! Now I can relax a bit :)

canadaedmonton

Oct 28, 2017
I sent my sponsorship app with OWP on Nov 11. I only paid 100$ OWP holder fee for that application. Fortunately I read people's OWP was returned due to insufficient payment. I did not want to wait another month or two for them to return the documents so I paid the rest 155$ work permit fee immediately and sent the receipt to CIC via IRCC Web Form. I hope it works.
Hi
Did they send you back your application. When you forgot to pay the 155?

cecilia.medico

Jan 23, 2018
Agree! so frustrating...two months to open the document!

Happiness1012

Mar 7, 2018
Hi, sorry to hear that it happened to you as well! Seems to be happening a lot, they really need to review their process as it is obviously not clear enough. I simply made the payment, printed off the receipt as proof of payment and added it to the original application, along with the letter they sent back when it was returned to me. I sent it all to the Vegreville office as requested on the the letter they sent. That is the only office that processes work permits, unless it's sent in the same envelope as the Sponsorship/PR application. I hope that's clear for you? All the best with it all!
I need some help as i got my AOR on 7 march but i get to know dat my husband paid $100 for OWP so it will take time dat they send back us OWP application nd we resend with full fee. Is dere any way out we could send $155 .

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
My open work permit application was returned due to insufficient payment (I payed $100 for the Open Work Permit Holder Fee, but didn't realize I also owed $155 for the Work Permit Application Fee). I made the additional payment and sent the OWP application back on Sept. 30th. I originally submitted the Inland Spousal Sponsorship & Open Work Permit application in July, so I was expecting to get the OWP soon. Do you think I'll have to wait an additional 3 months for them to start from scratch with the OWP application? Hoping that's not the case...
Hi since you already done this I have a question, I am currently in the process of doing an inland sponsership for my husband , he is currently here on a visitor visa. I am also including an open work permitt application, question 3 ask :I am applying for one or more of the following ,
1- a work permit with the same employer
2. Restoration of your stays as a worker
3. An initial work permitt
4. Temporary resident permitt

Which option is right for my situation?
Thanks .