+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP/OINP nominated and ITA/AoR received - Let us connect here for further step

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
Hi Guys! Just got nomination from OINP and found this thread. I have NO IDEA about what is going to happen next apart from getting ITA and uploading all the documents in my express entry application(no idea about document checklist as well). :-\ Can you guys please provide me with next steps and documents I need for further processing of my application?

I know going through the thread would provide me all the information. However, I cannot afford to spend time reading all the pages as I have license exam due next month.

Also, I have a few questions right now.

1) I am going to make an appointment for my medical examination today. Now, my wife got her medical examination done in June, 2016. Does she need to go for one again or the old examination should be valid. I read few months/years back that it's valid for a year.

2) What's the procedure for getting PCC. I am a FSW INLAND applicant. For CANADA PCC, I think I have to do application at any police station. What about police clearance certificate from INDIA?

3) Is there anything else should I be worried about right now?

Thanks in Advance. :)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
nex10 said:
Hi Guys! Just got nomination from OINP and found this thread. I have NO IDEA about what is going to happen next apart from getting ITA and uploading all the documents in my express entry application(no idea about document checklist as well). :-\ Can you guys please provide me with next steps and documents I need for further processing of my application?

I know going through the thread would provide me all the information. However, I cannot afford to spend time reading all the pages as I have license exam due next month.

Also, I have a few questions right now.

1) I am going to make an appointment for my medical examination today. Now, my wife got her medical examination done in June, 2016. Does she need to go for one again or the old examination should be valid. I read few months/years back that it's valid for a year.

2) What's the procedure for getting PCC. I am a FSW INLAND applicant. For CANADA PCC, I think I have to do application at any police station. What about police clearance certificate from INDIA?

3) Is there anything else should I be worried about right now?

Thanks in Advance. :)
What was your timeline, if i may ask?

nex10

Apr 16, 2014
CanadaWeCome said:
What was your timeline, if i may ask?
It's as follow
Jan 29 : Application Received by OINP
Aug 10 : AOR
Dec 04 : Additional Document Request(Pay stub and Bank statements for last 12 months)
Dec 15 : Documents sent
Dec 20 : Nomination

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Got PPR Today...!!!

RoseMJ

Feb 18, 2016
Hi, I received my Ontario nomination on 15th Dec and ITA on 16th Nov. The NOC code I mentioned in my Express entry profile and OINP application was 2283, since it had maximum matching duties. Now when I received the Ontario nomination, they have mentioned it for NOC 2171. Now my Express entry profile(which has NOC 2283) is locked and no changes can be made. Also, does that mean I should change the NOC code in my PR application? I'm skeptical about it because the duties mainly match with 2283, but have received Ontario nomination for 2171. If someone could please help me with what I should do. Thanks in advance! :)

samzgfang

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will be interested in knowing what advice the seniors will give. :)

RoseMJ said:
Hi, I received my Ontario nomination on 15th Dec and ITA on 16th Nov. The NOC code I mentioned in my Express entry profile and OINP application was 2283, since it had maximum matching duties. Now when I received the Ontario nomination, they have mentioned it for NOC 2171. Now my Express entry profile(which has NOC 2283) is locked and no changes can be made. Also, does that mean I should change the NOC code in my PR application? I'm skeptical about it because the duties mainly match with 2283, but have received Ontario nomination for 2171. If someone could please help me with what I should do. Thanks in advance! :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RoseMJ said:
Either continue with 2283 and explain your reasoning in an LOE highlighting that your nomination letter mentions 2171 for the same job (if you are convinced that it MUST be 2283 not 2171) or edit the Primary NOC (and associated work experience NOCs) to 2171 in your post ITA application and explain your reasoning in an LOE highlighting that you are simply following the rationale employed by OINP in deciding your NOC.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
I have one question out of curiosity.

If someone has a nomination from Ontario, and CIC rejected his/her application and returned the EE fie back to the pool, would they lose the nomination and the 600 points, or the nomination will remain on file?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Canadiense85 said:

If someone has a nomination from Ontario, and CIC rejected his/her application and returned the EE fie back to the pool, would they lose the nomination and the 600 points, or the nomination will remain on file?
Nomination remains vlid for a year. So if you know what is the reason for the rejection (by CIC) and you can amend it, you can apply again with all other documents (viz. PCC, Medicals, PoF etc.) being still applicable. In case they also expire or tending to expire, advice you to refresh them and reapply within the validity of the Nomination.

Canadiense85

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting ...
CanadaWeCome said:
Nomination remains vlid for a year. So if you know what is the reason for the rejection (by CIC) and you can amend it, you can apply again with all other documents (viz. PCC, Medicals, PoF etc.) being still applicable. In case they also expire or tending to expire, advice you to refresh them and reapply within the validity of the Nomination.
Thank you CanadaWeCome, it's relieving to know that the nomination will remain valid.

RoseMJ

Feb 18, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Either continue with 2283 and explain your reasoning in an LOE highlighting that your nomination letter mentions 2171 for the same job (if you are convinced that it MUST be 2283 not 2171) or edit the Primary NOC (and associated work experience NOCs) to 2171 in your post ITA application and explain your reasoning in an LOE highlighting that you are simply following the rationale employed by OINP in deciding your NOC.
Thanks a ton! :)

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hi Everyone,
first of all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you.
I am a new entrant in this thread. Just got nomination from Ontario. So will b getting the invitation to apply for PR in the next draw.
Just wanted to ask you guyz about few things. I am sure they have been discussed a lot of times in this thread but since I was not following this thread so don't know about them. Would really appreciate if anyone can put some light on the following :-

1. I have got my PCC done this year in Feb 2016 coz I thought I was about to get nomination at that time but didnt get it bcoz of the delay from OINP. So do I have to get PCC done again now in order to apply for PR or the 2016 PCC would suffice?
2. Also, I have been living in Canada since 3 years now, so do I have to get the medicals done?
3. I got married 4 months ago and including my wife in my PR application. What all docs would I need for her besides marriage certificate, her PCC, medical?

Thanks in advance

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
Minor correction with regard to nomination validity - nominations are valid only for 6 months.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
RoseMJ said:
It has happened to at least one applicant that I know. Write to OINP and get it clarified by them. Chances of them issuing you an updated nomination certificate is less, but at least get it clarified on email as to which is the actual NOC under which you have been nominated (since your primary NOC is altogether a different one). Once you get it clarified, while submitting eAPR attach copy of this email communication along with an LOE explaining what happened.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Canadiense85 said:

The nomination is valid for 6 months. So due to some reason if CIC rejects your application, you will have to create a new profile and wait for ITA. If your nomination is valid then, you will get ITA in the next draw or else you will have to wait for one. While submitting eAPR then, you will have to have all the latest documents, except for medicals (provided it is valid when you submit eAPR).