+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP/OINP nominated and ITA/AoR received - Let us connect here for further step

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Stranger, for Ontario, the minimum requirement is a "bachelor's degree". It is stated in the application guide.

Education:
All applicants must have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree or an Educational Credential Assessment(ECA)report produced by a designated organization indicating that your foreign education is the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
See Section 3.2 for further information.

It is not mentioned "Post-Secondary" degree anywhere. It is specifically mentioned as stated above.
3 years post secondary is theoritically a degree. For example BA or BCA!!!

deeps1989

Oct 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MigooMigoo said:
Hello guys,

Quick question. Has anyone received his PR yet after applying under the PNP? I was on the phone with the CIC and the guy told me it might take up to 15 months if you are applying under for the PR under PNP!! He says we just advertise the 6 months thing but it can take much more ?! WTH
The CIC received my application in November so it's still early for me .. but i was wondering if anyone got it already or if you know someone who did using a PNP? Thanks
hi,
The agent you spoke to took the information from the processing times sheet.
That sheet doesn't show the time taken for express entry candidates. This is what it exactly says

"If you applied on or after January 1, 2015:

Our goal is to process most complete applications received under Express Entry in six months or less.

We currently only have processing times for people who applied under the old system.

Processing times tell you how long it took Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to process applications in the past. Since Express Entry is a new system and not enough applications have been received yet, processing times are not available but we have committed to process applications in six months or less."

So the agent probably told you about the paper based applications time and not the time for express entry candidates. In case of express entry also they would take like 4 months to process your application completely (depends on your visa office as well to an extent)

Regards,
Deeps1989

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
StAnger said:
This has nothing to do with nomination. If your score is above 400, you can expect one, if lucky.
well sadly from frns got a PT then AORn now after waiting for 5 months they r saying that they require a cdn bach degree, she has a 3 yr post secondary diploma.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maria_786 said:
well sadly from frns got a PT then AORn now after waiting for 5 months they r saying that they require a cdn bach degree, she has a 3 yr post secondary diploma.
Well doesnt it depend on what is outcome of your foreign assessment? If wes evaluate as bachelors?

I am not arguing the case but i am curious to know details so that other people and especially one who asked this question should be well informed. Cheers.

JoyceM

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minimum requirement is education should be equivalent to canadian bachelors degree for ECA. My frend got refused though given a PT and after AOR bcoz his bachelors degree was only equivalent to a 3yr diploma on ECA

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
StAnger said:
Well doesnt it depend on what is outcome of your foreign assessment? If wes evaluate as bachelors?

I am not arguing the case but i am curious to know details so that other people and especially one who asked this question should be well informed. Cheers.
she doesnt have any foreign education she only has 3 year advance diploma from canada only. n the sad part is she contacted oopnp after getting the PT n the agent told her that yes u have over 400 points n with 3 yr diploma u qualify n thats y she sent her application

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hi Fellas,

I submitted my PR application on Wednesday, is there a spreadsheet I can fill in this information?

drkv78

Jan 13, 2013
Ontario
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OOPNP
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
21.09.2015 (e-APR)
IELTS Request
-
Passport Req..
15.Feb.2016. PPR submit: 25.02.2016
VISA ISSUED...
10.Mar.2016
LANDED..........
21.Mar.2016
Nightrocker said:
Hi Fellas,

I submitted my PR application on Wednesday, is there a spreadsheet I can fill in this information?
Yes, there is a spread sheet.
See my signature and there is a link provided.

warm regards,
drkv78

Nov 15, 2015
Hi there,

I logged in to myCIC to find that background check had been changed from "In progress" to "Not needed at this time". Has that happened to anyone else before? I tried looking in eCAS for more info but it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." I had found myself in eCAS before though. Seems worrisome.

My info:
Nominated: Oct 29
ITA: Nov 13
Applied: Nov 14
eAOR: Nov 15
Schedule 4/4A requested: Nov 25
Passed Medical: Nov 26
Schedule 4/4A submitted: Nov 27

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
drkv78 said:
Yes, there is a spread sheet.
See my signature and there is a link provided.

warm regards,
drkv78
Thanks. But I only see one person who's been given PR. Do people not update this spreadsheet?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
StAnger said:

Of course it depends on the outcome. If WES evaluates it to Bachelor's, it's fine. Otherwise, its not.

Zahmed87

Star Member
May 12, 2015
Hello Everyone !

For PR e-app do we need to submit

1. Current Resume ?
2. Passport size photo ? - If so , then what are the specifics of the photo

Thanks in advance

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TryingToStay99 said:
Hi there,

I logged in to myCIC to find that background check had been changed from "In progress" to "Not needed at this time". Has that happened to anyone else before? I tried looking in eCAS for more info but it says "We were not able to identify you using the information you provided." I had found myself in eCAS before though. Seems worrisome.

My info:
Nominated: Oct 29
ITA: Nov 13
Applied: Nov 14
eAOR: Nov 15
Schedule 4/4A requested: Nov 25
Passed Medical: Nov 26
Schedule 4/4A submitted: Nov 27
It has happened to many ppl. Nothing to be worry abt. There is a separate thread discussing on this as well.

r1ley

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Hi guys. Are you guys using the same letter used for oopnp application to apply to cic? my letter is 60 days old and i was wondering whether it is still valid or i would have to ask my employer for a new one.