+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

nrc1978

Sep 10, 2014
Hello All,

Can somebody share the thoughts about how to explain the ties to Ontario?

• Employment in Ontario;
• Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
• Volunteer work in Ontario;
• Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership; ?
• Professional networks and affiliations;
• Family ties;
• Social connections or personal relationships; and/or

Do these has to be signed by authorized personal. For example

For Professional Networks...i can include the letter explaining the current network i have in my work place, do i need to get the signature from them ??
My son is an Canadian Citizen so can i explain it as Family ties

Please suggest...

Thanks and Regds
Ravi chandra

reddevil666

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Oka said:
friends

I m bit confused what to send for Education Qualifications..

I have a bachelore degree provisional and ECA from WES too..

*Certified true copies of applicant's university degree(s), college diploma(s) and/or occupational certificates *
*Original transcripts in a sealed envelope from educational institution (Canadian programs/degrees only)

What can i submit for these?? please do help.
For degrees outside Canada, ECA copy is sufficient. No need for Certified true copies.

Please +1 if you find this information useful

HRDJ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Dear Seniors,

Todays I have received mail/message for Ontario PT nomination. I am gathering all relevant document. few days back I have applied for Sasketchwan PTN but I know that I did some mistake and my application will be rejected. moreover I am not very keen for Sasketchwan. I really don't want to loose this Ontario opportunity. what should I do ? Shall I write a mail to government of sasketchwan that I would like to withdraw my application for some reason and attached that mail copy with Ontario application form to show that I am keen only for Ontario. Kindly advise. thanks in advance.

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

Just received my PT yesterday. CRS - 431, NOC - 1112.

Have a few questions and will be grateful for any help.

1) Birth certificate - I have an online generated birth certificate from the municipality of my place of birth however that doesn't have my name on it. I have an affidavit from my mother explaining the situation. I also have my 10th marksheet that has my date of birth but not parents' name. Can I submit all of these as proof of birth with a cover letter or must I also attempt to get a Certificate of Birth from the Indian consulate here.

2) Proof of funds - Will certifcates of deposits held jointly with my non-accompanying spouse suffice as proof of funds or do I also need bank statements/letter from bank?

3) Also I have friends and distant relatives in Ontario. What is the kind of information, I will need to provide about them? Ie do I need passport copies, citizenship documents etc about them or will their names, contact nos do?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HRDJ said:
Dear Seniors,

Todays I have received mail/message for Ontario PT nomination. I am gathering all relevant document. few days back I have applied for Sasketchwan PTN but I know that I did some mistake and my application will be rejected. moreover I am not very keen for Sasketchwan. I really don't want to loose this Ontario opportunity. what should I do ? Shall I write a mail to government of sasketchwan that I would like to withdraw my application for some reason and attached that mail copy with Ontario application form to show that I am keen only for Ontario. Kindly advise. thanks in advance.
You don't have to do any of that. It is perfectly legit to have multiple PNP applications simultaneously. If you're lucky enough to be granted nominations by multiple provinces you can then choose one and decline the other(s).

Stay focused for now on submitting your OOPN application.

All the best!

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Asivad Anac said:
You don't have to do any of that. It is perfectly legit to have multiple PNP applications simultaneously. If you're lucky enough to be granted nominations by multiple provinces you can then choose one and decline the other(s).

All the best!
Part of PT message:-

If a province or territory nominates you and you decline the PNP nomination, you will not be invited to apply under Ontario's nominee program.

It is possible to be nominated by more than one province or territory, but you may only accept one nomination.

If you decline the nomination, you will stay in the Express Entry pool of candidates. You will still be eligible to receive invitations to apply under the federal immigration programs (Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program and/or Canadian Experience Class). As well, other provinces and territories (if applicable) will be able to see your profile for future consideration.

HRDJ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:

All the best!

Thank you very much. I was really concerned. But I read post somewhere that Ontario is giving preference to only those applicant who has not applied for any other province. If this is the scenario then I would like to conceal my sasketchwan application to show that I am keen only for Ontario. Kindly guide.

HRDJ

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
[Thanks]

All the best

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HRDJ said:
Thank you very much. I was really concerned. But I read post somewhere that Ontario is giving preference to only those applicant who has not applied for any other province. If this is the scenario then I would like to conceal my sasketchwan application to show that I am keen only for Ontario. Kindly guide.
I don't think that is the case because OOPNP state on their website that applicants can choose either "Ontario" or "All provinces and territories" in their EE profile. Which means there is nothing stopping anyone from applying to multiple provinces.

OOPNP has not openly declared the selection criteria for converting PTs to PNs but I don't believe that there will be any untoward consequences of applying to multiple provinces. It is an applicant's prerogative to do so and OOPNP cannot have a say in that.

If you're not keen on Saskatchewan, you are free to decline or withdraw from that process. But don't do it only because you are apprehensive that OOPNP wouldn't consider you because that isn't true.

All the best!

DSCanada

Jun 24, 2015
Hi guys..Regarding proof of funds I have lot of confusion.

Currently I don't have 15k CAD as cash balance in my bank account.

I have some funds as gold. I'm planning to pledge my gold in a bank and borrow cash. is this acceptable?

Apart from this I have funds in a different bank account in the name of my father and planning to transfer it to my account. anyhow my 6 month transaction history will show that I have deposited the amount very recently..will it be a problem??

Kindly advise

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your father writes a consent that the money he is transferring is not a Loan and need not be returned then it should be fine.

Don't worry about last six months Statement... you should have the funds on the current statement and should be able to prove source of funds.

I am not sure if you can borrow by pledging gold because OOPNP needs funds that are not borrowed or loaned.

Cheers

DSCanada said:
Hi guys..Regarding proof of funds I have lot of confusion.

Currently I don't have 15k CAD as cash balance in my bank account.

I have some funds as gold. I'm planning to pledge my gold in a bank and borrow cash. is this acceptable?

Apart from this I have funds in a different bank account in the name of my father and planning to transfer it to my account. anyhow my 6 month transaction history will show that I have deposited the amount very recently..will it be a problem??

Kindly advise

begs2

Dec 16, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
There are 2 streams of PNP in Ontario - 2700 via Express Entry and 2500 via regular PNP process. I imagine this notification has no bearing on people applying through the EE stream.
Hi Asivad

I am supposed to send my documents today , should I post it ? How do we validate this information , I have filled the form meant for 2700 via Express entry.

Pls. suggest soon.

DSCanada

Jun 24, 2015
OMNI said:
If your father writes a consent that the money he is transferring is not a Loan and need not be returned then it should be fine.

Don't worry about last six months Statement... you should have the funds on the current statement and should be able to prove source of funds.

I am not sure if you can borrow by pledging gold because OOPNP needs funds that are not borrowed or loaned.

Cheers
Thanks @OMNI

I have 2 more ques.

1. I don't have ANY ties to Ontario..Have not been there before nor have any friends in Ontario. What should be my statement of intent? Hope there are quite few guys similar to me, who have no ties to Ontario yet applied for OOPNP.

2. OOPNP states that "OOPNP requires that you have a minimum of one year of continuous and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in continuous part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in the past five years from the date of the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario.

My employment with my recent employer ceased on May 2015 and currently I'm in a maternity break. Will this break of 2 months impact the eligibility criteria as OOPNP demand CONTINUOS EMPLOYMENT OF ONE YEAR FROM THE OF PT NOTIFICATION??

Please advise

shagdash

Sep 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a quick question and any help will be appreciated. I have submitted an application for Nova Scotia express entry, however my file hasn't reached processing stage yet. When I am filling out the form for OOPNP, when asked if I have submitted an application to another PNP, do I need to answer in the affirmative?
Since the file may just be returned without reaching processing stage - does it need to be declared?