+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

pravatmail

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have applied OOPNP through EE.
My current closed work permit (Intra Company Transfer) is expiring in Oct 2016.
However, my employer wants me send send back India in the month of October 2015.

My question is can I apply for BOWP?
If yes, how long does it take to get BOWP?

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have created your EE profile before June 1st you have to withdraw it and recreate a New one to be eligible for OOPNP. As Ontario can only send PT for the profiles created after June 1st

redd23 said:
Hey guys,

I have not received invitation for OOPNP Human Capital. How do I get one? I have 453 points.

Thanks

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
OMNI said:
If you have created your EE profile before June 1st you have to withdraw it and recreate a New one to be eligible for OOPNP. As Ontario can only send PT for the profiles created after June 1st
Thanks OMNI, how long after creating the new profile will I get an invite? Will the invite be in the MY CIC account or will I get an email invite?

Thanks

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Usually it should be next business day at around 2 Pm.... However its taking little extra time these days.

So all we can do at this point is to create a Profile and wait for the PT to come in

redd23 said:
Thanks OMNI, how long after creating the new profile will I get an invite? Will the invite be in the MY CIC account or will I get an email invite?

Thanks

begs2

Dec 16, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
I strongly recommend using paper clips and colored sticky notes to segregate documents and identify each section. If you have time, you should also probably have a crisp cover page that gives a clear idea of how you've structured the material. Looks very professional, helps you (and the VO) to see if anything is out of place and makes a small part of the officer's day less miserable. Can't hurt to have the officer in a good mood while looking at your application, right. :)
Thanks a lot , appreciate all your suggestions.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reddevil666 said:
Some useful comments.

A very noob question: Do we also need to send an electronic copy of ECA to Ontario via WES website ?
You don't need to send electronic copy of ECA to OOPNP. You will make a copy of your original WES report and keep the copy in your application package.

velveteen

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-15-2015
AOR Received.
11-15-2015
OOPNP App form : NOC Code for 'Student' and 'Unemployed'

Hi,
While filling out the OOPNP Work/Personal History in the application form:

What NOC code to select while you were 'Unemployed' and when you were a 'Student'?
I put NA, and the system prompts me to 'enter a valid NOC code'

I am completing the fillable application form online. I am filling out the following Section:

Section D Part 3:
3. Personal and Work History (Principal Applicant Only) *
Provide the details of your personal and work history since the age of 18, or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent. Start with the most
recent information. Under “Occupation”, write your occupation or job title if you were working. If you were not working, provide information on
what you were doing (for example: unemployed, studying, travelling, retired, etc.). Attach supporting documentation for each employment entry
(reference letters, workbooks, etc.). Please ensure that you do not leave any gaps in time. Use a separate sheet if necessary.
Note: only relevant paid work experience will be assessed.

Dates (mm/dd/yyyy)
From To Name of Employer, School, Facility (as applicable) City/Country Occupation NOC Code

Please help!
Thanks.

Shungaringap

Jun 12, 2015
Hello!
I'm about to send my OOPNP application, and I have a question:
Should I send other proofs of source of funds aside from the Bank Certificate? I sold my car so there's a sudden rise in my bank account.
Does OOPNP care about this or is it just the CIC who investigates my 6-month/1 year statement?

Thank you!

valar morghulis

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shungaringap said:
Hello!
I'm about to send my OOPNP application, and I have a question:
Should I send other proofs of source of funds aside from the Bank Certificate? I sold my car so there's a sudden rise in my bank account.
Does OOPNP care about this or is it just the CIC who investigates my 6-month/1 year statement?

Thank you!
Do you have any documentation that you sold your car? If not, how about the Auto-insurance cancellation letter/receipt? I would say attach anything supporting so that the case processing officer don't think that you "borrowed" this money from valar moghulis. :p :p :p

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
I just withdrew and re-submitted EE profile. My Job Bank account doesnt give me option to add new EE number. Does anyone know how to add the new EE number to existing Job Bank account?

yoeman

Jun 24, 2015
Re: Summary of OOPNP Application Process

rajanvnv said:
All,

Summary of complete OOPNP process:

Human Capital Priorities Stream Process -
To be a successful applicant under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you must meet the eligibility criteria for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)'s Express Entry system and Ontario's criteria. You will be assessed against both as part of the nomination process.

Step One:
* Create a CIC Express Entry Profile and indicate settlement interest in either Ontario or other provinces.
* Qualify for either the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) OR the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
* Maintain minimum score of 400 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
* Have a Canadian B.A. Master's or PhD degree or equivalent foreign degree(s) evaluated by a designated organization indicating education is equivalent - Educational Credential Assessment (ECA).
* Language ability test in either English or French with a minimum CLB 7 score from either IELTS - (General test); CELPIP (General test) or TEF.
* Demonstrate sufficient funds for family size.

Step Two:
Opportunities Ontario provides a 'PT Notification of Interest from Ontario' to selected candidates and invites them to apply under the Human Capital Priorities Stream via their MyCIC account.

Step Three:
* If selected, candidates have 45 days to apply to Opportunities Ontario under the Human Capital Priorities Stream - Nominee Application Form.
* You will need to indicate which immigration program you wish to be assessed against - Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

Step Four:
* If your application is approved by Ontario, you will receive a letter from Opportunities Ontario through your MyCIC account notifying you of your nomination. You have 30 days to accept the nomination through the Express Entry system.
* Nomination from Ontario will give you an additional 600 CRS points and you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence from CIC. You will have 60 days to apply to CIC for permanent residency.
* CIC reviews applicants for admissibility, including health, security, and criminality checks and verifies all information provided by applicants.

PLEASE NOTE: At this time, Ontario can only search the Express Entry Pool for candidates who meet Ontario's 'Human Capital Priorities Stream' criteria or the 'French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream' who have submitted an Express Entry profile on or after June 1st 2015. If you submitted a profile prior to June 1st, Opportunities Ontario will not be able to search and select your profile.

I hope this summary of info is useful for all applicants.
Hi Fellow members,

I am newbie in this forum. wanted to clarify the following:

After creating an EE profile and Job bank profile, would OOPNP send us a PT if we qualify (400+ points in CRS) OR

Do we need to apply to OOPNP before getting the PT.

Shungaringap

Jun 12, 2015
Re: Summary of OOPNP Application Process

yoeman said:
Hi Fellow members,

I am newbie in this forum. wanted to clarify the following:

After creating an EE profile and Job bank profile, would OOPNP send us a PT if we qualify (400+ points in CRS) OR

Do we need to apply to OOPNP before getting the PT.
You cannot apply for OOPNP if you have not been sent the "expression of interest" letter.

So create EE profile first and wait for pt

lin123

Feb 23, 2015
NOT SURE IF SOMEBODY ASKED THIS QUESTION ALREADY, WHAT DO YOU PUT FOR THE "TO DATE" if it's your current job?

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lin123 said:
NOT SURE IF SOMEBODY ASKED THIS QUESTION ALREADY, WHAT DO YOU PUT FOR THE "TO DATE" if it's your current job?
I put the current date ; but someone said to put the expiry date of work permit if we are in Canada or any future date if you are outside Canada.