Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Folks,

I have FD as POF and was opened in FEB this year. So, technically i have just 3-4 months of statement to show against the 6 months requirement. Do you think this could be a problem or cause rejection?

5amsjm

Apr 8, 2015
Hi everyone, i just have a question that what to do when we cannot find the old contract with previous employer? Can we somehow re-sign a contract with them? Signing the old date or the new date with some explaining?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jkal said:
Folks,

I have FD as POF and was opened in FEB this year. So, technically i have just 3-4 months of statement to show against the 6 months requirement. Do you think this could be a problem or cause rejection?
No. There is no minimum criteria in terms of time. All CIC will be keen on knowing is if you have these funds available for your personal use immediately. And that they haven't been borrowed from someone just to satisfy the POF requirement.

CEC321

Dec 3, 2014
Is there any restriction for "Not to have further studies" in OOPNP?
I saw this restriction in Master stream PNP,
Can I apply for study permit and start my studies in Ontario meanwhile OOPNP is in process?
Is it count as tie in Ontario?

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
CEC321 said:
Is there any restriction for "Not to have further studies" in OOPNP?
I saw this restriction in Master stream PNP,
Can I apply for study permit and start my studies in Ontario meanwhile OOPNP is in process?
Is it count as tie in Ontario?
Can I change jobs or temporarily leave Canada after I submit my application?
Ontario Immigration Once you become a permanent resident, you can live and work anywhere in Canada. If you leave your current employer during either the nomination process or the permanent residence application process, your nomination and application can be denied by Opportunities Ontario. Prolonged absences from Ontario can also affect your eligibility for the program. You should keep Opportunities Ontario informed.

This is from the website of Opportunities Ontario. Hope that helps !!

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Hi Can anybody please advise ?

I have Proof of Funds , but I have a combination of Savings Bank / Fixed Deposits , Mutual Funds and Shares ( Equity)

Does OOPNP allow to have a total of these as Proof of Funds to obtain PNP in Ontario

Your reply will be highly appreciated :)

Thanks very much

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikhil89 said:
Hi Can anybody please advise ?

I have Proof of Funds , but I have a combination of Savings Bank / Fixed Deposits , Mutual Funds and Shares ( Equity)

Does OOPNP allow to have a total of these as Proof of Funds to obtain PNP in Ontario

Your reply will be highly appreciated :)

Thanks very much
Only liquid assets - preferably bank deposits. MFs and Equity can be highly volatile so they aren't considered for POF.

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Thanks Asivad Anac for your reply ,

Do you have a link for the Ontario Immigration as what I had read in CIC Website is that Shares and Mutual Funds are also counted towards Proof of Funds .

Thank you .

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nikhil89 said:
Thanks Asivad Anac for your reply ,

Do you have a link for the Ontario Immigration as what I had read in CIC Website is that Shares and Mutual Funds are also counted towards Proof of Funds .

Thank you .
CIC requirement for POF here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

OOPNP requiremen is available on Pg 12 of the Application Guide under 'Settlement Funds'.

And both of them insist on 6 month bank statements or bank statements which show average balance over the last 6 months.

chaos123456

Star Member
Feb 14, 2015
Feldespato said:
3) If you choose to be assesed against the CEC criteria, I have read this (pages 37 and 38 of the Application Guide): "You must meet the minimum entry level wage listed in the “low wage” column of the chart if you are an international student. If you are a foreign worker, you must meet the minimum prevailing wage listed in the “median wage” column". As a foreign worker, this means you have to meet a minimum wage for your Canadian work experience in the last three years?
Can someone clarify this?
Also I noticed the wage for my job code in my region is N/A, will it have any effect on my application?

1984.suman

Apr 9, 2011
Dilbert said:
I just finished filling up the OOPNP application form and at the end it generates a detailed checklist. If anyone has questions/feedbacks feel free to post a message in the thread.

The form can be found on http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html (scroll down to where it says "Nominee Application for Ontario EE Streams" and click on text)

Thank you for starting the thread. I have two questions:

1. I have an MBA from Canada and an Engineering Bachelors from India. Do I need to submit ECA for OOPNP ? I know it is not required for express entry.

2. I saw the application fee is $1500. Does that cover the whole process (OOPNP+CIC) ?

Thanks

opindersinghbuttar

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1984.suman said:
Thank you for starting the thread. I have two questions:

1. I have an MBA from Canada and an Engineering Bachelors from India. Do I need to submit ECA for OOPNP ? I know it is not required for express entry.

You will qualify for OOPNP's CEC/FSW 67 point criteria. Do send true copies of your MBA degree certified by your university.

2. I saw the application fee is $1500. Does that cover the whole process (OOPNP+CIC) ?

No, 1500 only covers Ontario's processing cost. You will still have to pay the additional charges(approx. 550+490=1040 CAD per person) to CIC.

Thanks

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How are candidates from outside of Canada managing to get International Bank drafts/ International Money orders in CAD currecy? Specifically ppl in US. I called up wells fargo, BOA and chase and all of them have stopped issuing Bank drafts/ MO in foreign currency long back. USPS does this but only for 750$. Can anyone please let me know.

CEC321

Dec 3, 2014
tiffany123 said:
Can I change jobs or temporarily leave Canada after I submit my application?
Ontario Immigration Once you become a permanent resident, you can live and work anywhere in Canada. If you leave your current employer during either the nomination process or the permanent residence application process, your nomination and application can be denied by Opportunities Ontario. Prolonged absences from Ontario can also affect your eligibility for the program. You should keep Opportunities Ontario informed.

This is from the website of Opportunities Ontario. Hope that helps !!
This is correct for employer-based PNP or Master stream,
but I think human capital stream PNP is based on CEC and FSW eligibility (past experience) as well as tie to live in Ontario, It is not tied to specific employer,

Aquarian25

Star Member
Jun 2, 2015
rajanvnv said:
How are candidates from outside of Canada managing to get International Bank drafts/ International Money orders in CAD currecy? Specifically ppl in US. I called up wells fargo, BOA and chase and all of them have stopped issuing Bank drafts/ MO in foreign currency long back. USPS does this but only for 750$. Can anyone please let me know.
Wells Fargo do issue Foreign Drafts and charges $30 as service charge to issue it. Only those branches will be able to issue the foreign drafts which are dealing with Forex services. Based on the currency exchange rate they will convert the USD to CAD plus $30 service charge. For this, you must have a Wells Fargo account, as they won't do it without a bank account.