+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP Application Form

chad_80

Star Member
Aug 25, 2014
Mississauga, ON
NOC Code......
Hi

I am confused on what to fill in "To date" of the current occupation under work history. Should I just leave it blank?

Also, in case of ECA and IELTS should we attach the originals or a copy?

Any pointers highly appreciated.

juhig

Mar 18, 2015
Dilbert said:
1) Employment in Ontario (Pretty self explanatory) : If your employers location/workplace is in Ontario then this criteria is fulfilled
2)Job Offers : If you are currently working in Ontario then ignore this else if you are not working then start applying for jobs in Ontario. Once you hear back from an employer regarding an interview session then you can add this criteria
3) Same as point 1, except this is unpaid
4)Lease Agreement: If you living/renting a house/condo/apt in Ontario then you can ask for a copy of lease agreement from your landlord which states your name , the "to" and "from" date for the lease. In the event you do not have such an agreement you can show any hydro bills, phone bills etc. Even the address on the credit card statement sometimes is considered as local ties if all these are in Ontario.
5)Professional Networks / Affiliations : If you are part of some for profit/not for profit organizations or volunteering with organizations based in Ontario then you fall under this criteria. As an example I am part of the PMI Ontario chapter, which is a non-profit org based in Ontario. Although proving this criteria with evidence can sometime be tricky. So be careful if you want to add it or not.
6) Family Ties (again self explanatory) : Refer to the application guide, there's an entire section for this as to who is considered under family ties and what documentation you would need.
7)Social Connections/Personal Relationships and/or : Not sure what constitutes under this category.

In my opinion irrespective of what category you chose from above, make sure you have enough proof/evidence to back up your statements/information that you are providing.
Is it Mandatory to have any of these ? I have have no Canadian education,experience or relatives.
And also in the 7th point can we mention friends or colleagues in Ontario

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
juhig said:
Is it Mandatory to have any of these ? I have have no Canadian education,experience or relatives.

Not mandatory

And also in the 7th point can we mention friends or colleagues in Ontario

Yes

juhig

Mar 18, 2015
Dilbert said:
I just finished filling up the OOPNP application form and at the end it generates a detailed checklist. If anyone has questions/feedbacks feel free to post a message in the thread.

The form can be found on http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html (scroll down to where it says "Nominee Application for Ontario EE Streams" and click on text)
Need a help . While filling the application form under section A Personal Information
Point 3. For applicants currently in Canada (a copy of your Work Permit, Study Permit, Temporary Resident Visa, and/or any other Canadian immigration document or entry stamp must be provided with your application package)

What should you fill here if your not in CANADA , should we leave it blank ?

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about ties to Ontario? If I have none am I still eligible?

If I write a statement letter explaining the reasons why I want to settle in Ontario, will it be enough?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Russian said:
What about ties to Ontario? If I have none am I still eligible?

Yes

If I write a statement letter explaining the reasons why I want to settle in Ontario, will it be enough?

That's the best you can do, give it your best!

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
thanks a alot to both asivad anac and dilbert. you guys are really helping us by replying quickly.
wish you both best of luck
and yes i gave you both +1 :)

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Hi,

I am confused if i need to send original IELTS TRF or a copy of it:

In the PDF document:-

3.3 LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You must demonstrate official language proficiency equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above for each language competency (i.e., listening, reading, writing, and speaking) in either English or French.
Please provide copies of language test results from either IELTS (General Training Test only), CELPIP (General Test only), or TEF.

On the website :-
(Click on the DOCUMENT icon on the page
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_APPLY.html#display
under Language Requirements)

Please provide original language test results from either IELTS (General Training Test only), CELPIP (General Test only), or TEF to demonstrate official language proficiency equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above for each language competency in either English or French. These tests need to be taken within 24 months of application submission to ensure the results are valid at the time of permanent residence processing.

AlexV

Jun 8, 2015
Application Guide:
"You must send only copies of supporting documents unless otherwise stated."

Application Form:
"Provide a copy of the ECA report from the designated organization and proof of your completed foreign educational credential(s). If you are
only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this."

There are some discrepancies; the requirement for a certified true copies of the applicant's degrees - which may be interpreted for all degress. The guide states the same line with a small addition - Canadian degree only.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jkal said:
Hi,

I am confused if i need to send original IELTS TRF or a copy of it:

In the PDF document:-

3.3 LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You must demonstrate official language proficiency equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above for each language competency (i.e., listening, reading, writing, and speaking) in either English or French.
Please provide copies of language test results from either IELTS (General Training Test only), CELPIP (General Test only), or TEF.

On the website :-
(Click on the DOCUMENT icon on the page
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_APPLY.html#display
under Language Requirements)

Please provide original language test results from either IELTS (General Training Test only), CELPIP (General Test only), or TEF to demonstrate official language proficiency equivalent to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above for each language competency in either English or French. These tests need to be taken within 24 months of application submission to ensure the results are valid at the time of permanent residence processing.
This is a conundrum - one way out is to submit the original TRF to Ontario and keep a scanned copy for future reference. CIC usually doesn't ask for TRF and even if they do, they've moved into the electronic age so you just upload the document.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Thanks Asivad!

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Regarding education:

Guidelines:

If you have an ECA, you don't need to send a certified true copy of your degree or transcripts.

If you completed a degree in Canada, you need to send certified true copy of degree and original transcripts.

Application form:

III. Education/Training/Qualifications
Certified true copies of applicant's university degree(s), college diploma(s) and/or occupational certificates *
Original transcripts in a sealed envelope from educational institution (Canadian programs/degrees only)
Provide the following documents, if applicable:
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report
Provide a copy of the ECA report from the designated organization and proof of your completed foreign educational credential(s). If you are
only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this.

I called OOPNP and they told me a copy of the ECA is enough.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Thanks ultra99 .
Did you ask them if they need a copy of IELTS or the original TRF?
Both,in the guide and in the form, they are asking for copies of it.
ultra99 said:
Regarding education:

Guidelines:

If you have an ECA, you don't need to send a certified true copy of your degree or transcripts.

If you completed a degree in Canada, you need to send certified true copy of degree and original transcripts.

Application form:

III. Education/Training/Qualifications
Certified true copies of applicant's university degree(s), college diploma(s) and/or occupational certificates *
Original transcripts in a sealed envelope from educational institution (Canadian programs/degrees only)
Provide the following documents, if applicable:
Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) Report
Provide a copy of the ECA report from the designated organization and proof of your completed foreign educational credential(s). If you are
only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this.

I called OOPNP and they told me a copy of the ECA is enough.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jkal said:
Thanks ultra99 .
Did you ask them if they need a copy of IELTS or the original TRF?
Both,in the guide and in the form, they are asking for copies of it.
Call centre agents have this disturbing tendency to be clueless and confident at the same time especially when new programs are launched! (No offence to anyone but this is frankly very irritating)

We've seen such weird responses even during the early days of EE. The best option in such cases is to go by the rule book. And there it states copies. Now when I see copy, I understand it to be NOT original. But that's just my interpretation of English. ;)

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
Asivad Anac said:
Call centre agents have this disturbing tendency to be clueless and confident at the same time especially when new programs are launched! (No offence to anyone but this is frankly very irritating)

We've seen such weird responses even during the early days of EE. The best option in such cases is to go by the rule book. And there it states copies. Now when I see copy, I understand it to be NOT original. But that's just my interpretation of English. ;)
That's so true. If both, guide and form, ask for copy, then it's a copy. If they meant original, then all they can do request original later, this shouldn't be a reason for rejection of an application.