+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw - October 27, 2021

bearcat

Nov 11, 2021
If Ontario accepts a reference letter and does not indicate a NOC mismatch, does it mean IRCC will also accept it?
Or is it possible IRCC gives a different verdict?

WILL_21

Nov 30, 2021
If Ontario accepts a reference letter and does not indicate a NOC mismatch, does it mean IRCC will also accept it?
Or is it possible IRCC gives a different verdict?
Nearly impossible!!!

Its almost an easy re-verification procedure for candidates from the PNP stream.
IRCC has little or nothing to object upon, if a candidate's NOC has already been vetted and approved by provinces for PNP streams.

What IRCC focuses on are: candidate's medical status/reports, mismatch and/or genuineness of other info, criminality status and current POF capabilities.

bearcat

Nov 11, 2021
Oh wow,
Thank you. This is so reassuring
Nearly impossible!!!

Its almost an easy re-verification procedure for candidates from the PNP stream.
IRCC has little or nothing to object upon, if a candidate's NOC has already been vetted and approved by provinces for PNP streams.

What IRCC focuses on are: candidate's medical status/reports, mismatch and/or genuineness of other info, criminality status and current POF capabilities.

Reactions: WILL_21

mani28

Nov 6, 2021
Hi guys. I recently applied for OINP, and the status is shown as assessment in the portal. Yesterday I received a call from Canada, and i couldn't attend the call. I am guessing if it is from the case officer, as it is a Canadian number. Did any of you receive a call from case officer for OINP application. If they contact the applicants, what are the common questions which they might ask?

WILL_21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi guys. I recently applied for OINP, and the status is shown as assessment in the portal. Yesterday I received a call from Canada, and i couldn't attend the call. I am guessing if it is from the case officer, as it is a Canadian number. Did any of you receive a call from case officer for OINP application. If they contact the applicants, what are the common questions which they might ask?
That's a bit awkward considering that they should be phone-calling your boss(es) and bank(s) for verifications, rather than phone-calling you.
To answer your question, NO questions/conversations are 'common' or generic. Conversations may depend solely on the files you have submitted and the LOE you have put-forward. If you feel strongly that the calls are from OINP, email them at once for clarifications and include the 'mysterious' phone-number details and call-log (caller ID/time/date of call).

Finally, It's important that you start reviewing all your files in absolute detail, such that even when asked any question about any of your files while sleeping, you would easily answer without having to make reference or sound not-sure about it. Although I never got calls/emails, but I did the same prior to getting approved.

Goodluck Bud.

Reactions: mani28

mani28

Nov 6, 2021
That's a bit awkward considering that they should be phone-calling your boss(es) and bank(s) for verifications, rather than phone-calling you.
To answer your question, NO questions/conversations are 'common' or generic. Conversations may depend solely on the files you have submitted and the LOE you have put-forward. If you feel strongly that the calls are from OINP, email them at once for clarifications and include the 'mysterious' phone-number details and call-log (caller ID/time/date of call).

Finally, It's important that you start reviewing all your files in absolute detail, such that even when asked any question about any of your files while sleeping, you would easily answer without having to make reference or sound not-sure about it. Although I never got calls/emails, but I did the same prior to getting approved.

Goodluck Bud.
Appreciate in writing back to me. Yes, I need to review my documents and prepare in detail.

Venkat14

Jun 12, 2018
Hi, I have submitted on 12 Nov and application changed to assessment on Nov 25. There is no update after that and it's already 60 days. Anyone else also have similar delay? What should I do now? Thanks

Reactions: mani28

WILL_21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi, I have submitted on 12 Nov and application changed to assessment on Nov 25. There is no update after that and it's already 60 days. Anyone else also have similar delay? What should I do now? Thanks
Average OINP estimate says 30-60 days on website!!!
As a candidate, you should take it as 60+ WORK-DAYS (in worse case scenario)!

I know how it feels, ‘ve been there also, but your continued patience is vital here, ‘cos it will be tested!

FYI, I submitted mine on Nov. 5th and got approved on Jan. 12th, making it total of 68 calendar days.

Good luck bud!

Venkat14

Jun 12, 2018
Average OINP estimate says 30-60 days on website!!!
As a candidate, you should take it as 60+ WORK-DAYS (in worse case scenario)!

I know how it feels, ‘ve been there also, but your continued patience is vital here, ‘cos it will be tested!

FYI, I submitted mine on Nov. 5th and got approved on Jan. 12th, making it total of 68 calendar days.

Good luck bud!
Thank you Will, means a lot for me and hope I will get an update soon

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
you can OINP on their number. Sometimes these calls are made to confirm your eligibility. I would definitely contact ONIP through phone

ssah

Dec 24, 2021
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-11-2021
Doc's Request.
19-01-2022
My situation
NOC: 0273
OINP NOI: 27th Oct. 2021.
Submitted: 30th Nov. 2021.
Assessment: 04th Dec. 2021.
DIP:
Decision:

It quickly moved to the assessment statement and since then it is just sitting there. Hopefully, it moves to the next stage sometime soon.

jahswant

Dec 10, 2021
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued

Annual nominations
Each year, the federal government, through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allocates a certain number of nominations to the Ontario government (OINP).

In 2022:

• Ontario has not yet received its 2022 allocation from IRCC
  • as of January 13, 2022, 779 nominations have been issued
Note: When an applicant is nominated for permanent residence by the OINP, they must then apply to IRCC. IRCC makes the final decision on who gets permanent residence.

singhno

Jan 12, 2022
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued

Annual nominations
Each year, the federal government, through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allocates a certain number of nominations to the Ontario government (OINP).

In 2022:

• Ontario has not yet received its 2022 allocation from IRCC
  • as of January 13, 2022, 779 nominations have been issued
Note: When an applicant is nominated for permanent residence by the OINP, they must then apply to IRCC. IRCC makes the final decision on who gets permanent residence.
That they will not receive until May going by the past years trends