+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw - October 27, 2021

Sharon342020

Oct 24, 2021
Hi All,
Congratulations and am thankful that even I was able to scrape through the 10/27 tech draw and am currently working out options in filling my OINP application and am stuck with work reference letter, as my current employer declines my request to approve my reference letter. Meanwhile have checked out, that it's fine to provide a senior colleagues consent and attach relevant work documents, yet I was skeptical about it . Does anyone know if this actually works and should I provide an LOE for it .

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi All,
Congratulations and am thankful that even I was able to scrape through the 10/27 tech draw and am currently working out options in filling my OINP application and am stuck with work reference letter, as my current employer declines my request to approve my reference letter. Meanwhile have checked out, that it's fine to provide a senior colleagues consent and attach relevant work documents, yet I was skeptical about it . Does anyone know if this actually works and should I provide an LOE for it .
That works. Submit the notarized affidavit cum reference letter (with detailed job duties) duly signed by your senior colleague or manager.

LynzRobz

Nov 2, 2021
Hi all,
Hearty congratulations!
May I request for your valuable inputs.
I have claimed for the points for sibling residing in Canada.
But, it has been only 3 months since he moved to Canada. Due to the delay in processing by IRCC, he has not yet received the PR card. Also, as all the utilities are included in the monthly rent paid, he doesn't have any utility bill holding the name and address.
Could you please suggest the alternate documents(apart from signed CoPR) which I can submit to prove it while submitting OINP application?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi all,
Hearty congratulations!
May I request for your valuable inputs.
I have claimed for the points for sibling residing in Canada.
But, it has been only 3 months since he moved to Canada. Due to the delay in processing by IRCC, he has not yet received the PR card. Also, as all the utilities are included in the monthly rent paid, he doesn't have any utility bill holding the name and address.
Could you please suggest the alternate documents(apart from signed CoPR) which I can submit to prove it while submitting OINP application?
For claiming sibling points you need to provide proofs for sibling's status in Canada, residential address, your relationship with him/her etc.

As the alternatives you can provide Bank statements, Tax docs etc. Which shows the correct address information.
Also, COPR should work in place of PR card and explain that once it's received OINP will be provided the same.

Reactions: LynzRobz

LynzRobz

Nov 2, 2021
For claiming sibling points you need to provide proofs for sibling's status in Canada, residential address, your relationship with him/her etc.

As the alternatives you can provide Bank statements, Tax docs etc. Which shows the correct address information.
Also, COPR should work in place of PR card and explain that once it's received OINP will be provided the same.
Thanks