+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

Nimarbajwa

Aug 22, 2019
I received NOI on 16th feb. Shall I take help from professional consultant or is it an easy process where I myself can complete the entire application. Please suggest

KT03

Feb 20, 2021
A question to the Senior Members of this community and forum :-

I have worked in the 2173 NOC since 2016 but on 29th January I left my previous organization. On 11th Feb, I joined a different org albeit under the same NOC profile.
Now, the question is, I plan to file my profile for OINP on 1st or 2nd of March but I am not sure if I would be able to procure any reference letter from my new employer by then seeing how I am so new to the org and haven't even worked for 1 whole month. Any suggestions as to how can I tackle this peculiar situation?

New Org : IBM India ( Any suggestions from fellow IBMers in this thread or forum will be appreciated too! )

Thanks in advance!
Hi Everyone, Any suggestions on the above question ?

Thanks in advance!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
A question to the Senior Members of this community and forum :-

I have worked in the 2173 NOC since 2016 but on 29th January I left my previous organization. On 11th Feb, I joined a different org albeit under the same NOC profile.
Now, the question is, I plan to file my profile for OINP on 1st or 2nd of March but I am not sure if I would be able to procure any reference letter from my new employer by then seeing how I am so new to the org and haven't even worked for 1 whole month. Any suggestions as to how can I tackle this peculiar situation?

New Org : IBM India ( Any suggestions from fellow IBMers in this thread or forum will be appreciated too! )

Thanks in advance!
That's completely fine. Include all jobs in the Resume and the new job should be moved in 'Other Activities' section and the available supporting docs should be submitted into the relevant section.

Besides, for the group link follow my profile or dm me.

Reactions: KT03

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Anyone finished documents for settlement funds?
do we need to get bank statements of ALL bank accounts we have including credit cards and the bank statements of the saving accounts - the one we have our fund in? or just the saving accounts documents are enough?

Many Thanks!
If your credit card is directly linked with your savings account, this means if the credit bills are being paid from the savings account each month, in which you hold your settlement funds then the credit card statements should be included. Make sure to redact the credit card numbers and duly attest the E-statements from the bank.

Reactions: hajihd

hajihd

Oct 31, 2019
If your credit card is directly linked with your savings account, this means if the credit bills are being paid from the savings account each month, in which you hold your settlement funds then the credit card statements should be included. Make sure to redact the credit card numbers and duly attest the E-statements from the bank.
thank you! lucky for me this time. none of my credit cards are tied with my saving accounts. @parminder2021 FYI

mohsinali139

Jan 6, 2021
Hi,

Can someone please explain if I have to select Yes/No for the question below? My spouse has not studied in Canada but has ECA report.

Has your spouse or common-law partner previously completed any studies in Canada?

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi All,

Anyone submitting PF as POF settlement fund for OINP?

My company has PF in trust. I am able to download PF statement online, however as all are in WFH, they said they can't put a stamp on it. I have got following response.

"Hi, We have PF Trust and all employee can check PF statement on portal and then download the statement by click on PF statement. Signed and Stamp not possible because we are working from home due to COVID-19"

Can I upload the statement directly? Is it accepted?

dsid

Feb 19, 2021
Dubai
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I too received a NOI from Ontario on the 16th of Feb.

While filing the OINP application, I notice that the education history section says “please enter all post secondary education”.

Now I have a Masters degree from US for which I have an ECA. I also have a bachelors degree from India for which I don’t have an ECA as we only need to get the highest degree assessed.

So now do I mention only the masters degree in the education history section?

If so, then what should I do in the “Other Activities” section? Should I mention my bachelors degree there? Otherwise there will be a gap for that 4 year period and would that not create problems?

If it helps I have only mentioned my Masters degree in the EE profile.

It would be very helpful if someone who is in a similar situation can share their insights on how to proceed.

Last edited:

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi All,

Anyone submitting PF as POF settlement fund for OINP?

My company has PF in trust. I am able to download PF statement online, however as all are in WFH, they said they can't put a stamp on it. I have got following response.

"Hi, We have PF Trust and all employee can check PF statement on portal and then download the statement by click on PF statement. Signed and Stamp not possible because we are working from home due to COVID-19"

Can I upload the statement directly? Is it accepted?
If the statement says it's digital and doesn't require a signature, then it's fine.

But the most important document is the letter on the PF department's letter head stating the total amount and that it can be liquidated immediately at any time and this letter needs to be signed and stamped. If the letter doesn't mention that you can liquidate the amount at anytime, it will not be accepted by OINP.

Reactions: mrsamcan

Nimarbajwa

Aug 22, 2019
I have multiple documents related to my job .for e.g pay stubs,awards,performance reviews,compensation letters, promotion letters etc. But my HR is not agreeing to give reference letter on company letterhead . Luckily my manager and also one of my senior colleague who has worked with me during the entire tenure are ready to write reference letter for me . Will this be enough ? Do I need to get it notarised if they are sending it in mail ?

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
But the most important document is the letter on the PF department's letter head stating the total amount and that it can be liquidated immediately at any time and this letter needs to be signed and stamped. If the letter doesn't mention that you can liquidate the amount at anytime, it will not be accepted by OINP
Thank you for your response. My company has its own Trust. So the PF is managed by my company itself. They have already confirmed they cannot stamp. So, can I get email confirmation from them about liquidate amount and then attach that along with PF statement and then explain the situation with LOE?

My statement has below line at the bottom "This is an electronically generated statement hence does not require any signature"

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Thank you for your response. My company has its own Trust. So the PF is managed by my company itself. They have already confirmed they cannot stamp. So, can I get email confirmation from them about liquidate amount and then attach that along with PF statement and then explain the situation with LOE?

My statement has below line at the bottom "This is an electronically generated statement hence does not require any signature"
Statement is fine but the signed and stamped letter on the letterhead is mandatory, emails will not work. Even if you somehow convince OINP by providing alternatives and get the nomination, IRCC will most definitely reject your PR application as incomplete. Check below link for the documents required by OINP:

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-applicant-checklist#section-8

Reactions: mrsamcan

enigma_2012

Nov 12, 2012
I have received NOI from Ontario (OINP) on 16 Feb, 2021
I created my Express Entry profile on 6 March 2020 and this profile will expire on 6 March 2021 (in a week's time from today)

Should I create a new Express Entry profile on 6 March (once old one expires) and request transfer of nomination to new express entry profile?
I have already written an email to Ontario (ontarionominee@ontario.ca ) and got an automated reply " For all other inquiries, we aim to respond within 5 business days. "
Has anyone faced similar situation and can guide?
Thanks for help

astraldust

Feb 24, 2019
I have received NOI from Ontario (OINP) on 16 Feb, 2021
I created my Express Entry profile on 6 March 2020 and this profile will expire on 6 March 2021 (in a week's time from today)

Should I create a new Express Entry profile on 6 March (once old one expires) and request transfer of nomination to new express entry profile?
I have already written an email to Ontario (ontarionominee@ontario.ca ) and got an automated reply " For all other inquiries, we aim to respond within 5 business days. "
Has anyone faced similar situation and can guide?
Thanks for help
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/received-a-noi-from-ontario-but-ee-profile-about-to-expire.646735/