+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
mrsamcan, I am sailing in the same boat as you. Can't get the PF statement signed/endorsed by the employer and I don't think they'll issue a letter stating that it can withdrawn. I'm however planning to use the official EPFO documents/links that state that you can liquidate these funds when moving abroad permanently.

Was your online PF statement accepted?
No, I got ADR. I see many who submitted PF got ADR OINP. I had to find other means for POF.

Reactions: Nouvel Espoir

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
For all India applicants, most Passport offices for PCC are closed until 1st June and just yesterday a tweet from high commission said upfront medical exams are no more allowed. Be aware of the latest changes and plan your application accordingly

Last edited:

ghostdragon

Apr 13, 2021
For all India applicants, most Passport offices for PCC are closed until 1st June and just yesterday a tweet from high commission said upfront medical exams are no more allowed. Be aware of the latest changes and plan your application accordingly
What do you suggest for medical? Is there a way to submit a request to IRCC saying that we'll be needing IME number from them to schedule an appointment for medical?

Also, is it better to decline the ITA right now and wait for the next one?

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
What do you suggest for medical? Is there a way to submit a request to IRCC saying that we'll be needing IME number from them to schedule an appointment for medical?

Decline ITA, why? It is IRCC/Canada govt that decided to stop doing medical, so they are not going to expect us to decline ITA, :)

Refer below updated policy:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

Summary:

When submitting ITA e-apr
Upfront medical is not required.
No need to show appointment as well (which was required before)
If you are outside Canada, just upload a LOE in medical section that you are outside Canada.
Review above policy for more clarity.

All the best!!!

Reactions: parminder2021

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Not going to impact application anyway as upfront and scheduling appointment is not required as of now (if outside Canada)

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

Reactions: parminder2021

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019

Well with the current situation and assuming you waited for this for long like me NEVER decline ITA :). As @mrsamcan said Upfront is optional but in my reading I have observed that is faster way to get the PR completed. For example if you check their Twitter handle for work permit they say if you have submitted upfront medical report processing time is 2 weeks for others Aug 2020 is being processed now. See the difference? ;) . I would suggest since most lockdown are up to 1st June and we have 60 days may be just wait how it pans out for may be next few weeks but don’t keep it till the end.

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Well with the current situation and assuming you waited for this for long like me NEVER decline ITA :). As @mrsamcan said Upfront is optional but in my reading I have observed that is faster way to get the PR completed. For example if you check their Twitter handle for work permit they say if you have submitted upfront medical report processing time is 2 weeks for others Aug 2020 is being processed now. See the difference? ;) . I would suggest since most lockdown are up to 1st June and we have 60 days may be just wait how it pans out for may be next few weeks but don’t keep it till the end.
I am not tracking Aug 2020 submission thanks for letting me know. :) A thing to note is that approved medical is available only in big cities. Due to work from home and lock down considerable amount of applicants are in rural areas. They have to travel to get these done, which may be considered foolish as new varient affecting both old and young alike and the situation is real bad due to huge no of cases. However, as per old policy an applicant would have worried. Due to this new rule it is big relief for them. Also, as IRCC is officially saying not to take upfront looks like they might have introduced policy change in how application should be processed and this may not introduce much delay like before. Just my thought. So bottomline is if you have access and courage and appointment, get medical done. Else, submit without medicals.

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
if you have access and courage and appointment, get medical done. Else, submit without medicals.
Agreed with that
Also, as IRCC is officially saying not to take upfront looks like they might have introduced policy change in how application should be processed
Yes, this was the basis of my first post. As I thought most of us go for upfront medical exam

If it was me I would wait for 1st June to see if this policy is revised else submit in first week of June. That being said I haven’t received ITA yet, still in DIP :)

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
My OINP Status moved from Submitted to Assessment.
It said that they checked my application for completeness and they determined that it was complete.

So I am assuming they wont ask me for any additional docs ?

NOI: 16th February
Submitted Application: 31st March
Assessment: 12th May
DIP: --
Nomination: --
Hi there, no, if you receive any email about additional document then you will have to, else no need. In their message, it is also written, "you are not required to take any action as of now"... something like this.. Your timeline seems much much delayed. I submitted on 30/03 -> Assessment 29/04 still in assessment.

Reactions: techviz

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hi there, no, if you receive any email about additional document then you will have to, else no need. In their message, it is also written, "you are not required to take any action as of now"... something like this.. Your timeline seems much much delayed. I submitted on 30/03 -> Assessment 29/04 still in assessment.
Thanks for your reply @m_faisal.
Ya, they have been taking their time for processing... was expecting a quicker response.... at last they gave an update...

kavool

May 16, 2021
Hi guys, I have received NOI for April Tech draw. I was wondering what you have uploaded as the proof of NOI letter that shows the notification date as well. Since the current letter has no date when opened and also blocks the notification date.

vvicky06

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Hi guys, I have received NOI for April Tech draw. I was wondering what you have uploaded as the proof of NOI letter that shows the notification date as well. Since the current letter has no date when opened and also blocks the notification date.
I uploaded the screen shot of the NOI from the cic.gc.ca EE account and my documents are marked as valid. So you can do that.

Reactions: Nouvel Espoir

kavool

May 16, 2021
I uploaded the screen shot of the NOI from the cic.gc.ca EE account and my documents are marked as valid. So you can do that.
Thanks for your reply, so you did not show any date on your screen shot and your docs were verified. Am I right?

vvicky06

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Thanks for your reply, so you did not show any date on your screen shot and your docs were verified. Am I right?
The Screenshot has the pop up of the NOI letter and in the background the dates are visible as to when the communication was read.

Reactions: kavool