+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech and General Draw - 2020

Grinton

Aug 7, 2019
Canada
Ontario sent me an NOI this January (tech stream). My CRS score was 465 and I didn't add my spouse because the cut off score is too high nowadays. With my spouse, the CRS would be 461 - which is still more than the required score for the OINP this January ("OINP targeted candidates with a CRS between 460 and 472").

Now, obviously, if I can get 600 points it makes sense to add my spouse, however, is this allowed? Can I edit my Express Entry profile and add her to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee as well?

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I am working in NOC 2147 in India.. and got NOI this January..do I need to submit license as this is regulated profession? If yes, how can I get in 40 days

Sarrita 1991

Jan 11, 2020
I am working in NOC 2147 in India.. and got NOI this January..do I need to submit license as this is regulated profession? If yes, how can I get in 40 days
It depends on your country's laws . For my part i am an architect, in my country i can be called an architect without having a licence But in Canada, only the licenced architects can be called that.
So, if you are in the same situation as me, than just make sure your employer mention your job and job responsibilities as close to your NOC as possible.
If you do need a licence to work in that field in your country, than you will have to change your NOC and found the one that your work experience is closest to.

Reactions: Shanavaz

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
It depends on your country's laws . For my part i am an architect, in my country i can be called an architect without having a licence But in Canada, only the licenced architects can be called that.
So, if you are in the same situation as me, than just make sure your employer mention your job and job responsibilities as close to your NOC as possible.
If you do need a licence to work in that field in your country, than you will have to change your NOC and found the one that your work experience is closest to.
Thanks for the help!
In India, no license is given

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Ontario sent me an NOI this January (tech stream). My CRS score was 465 and I didn't add my spouse because the cut off score is too high nowadays. With my spouse, the CRS would be 461 - which is still more than the required score for the OINP this January ("OINP targeted candidates with a CRS between 460 and 472").

Now, obviously, if I can get 600 points it makes sense to add my spouse, however, is this allowed? Can I edit my Express Entry profile and add her to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee as well?
Yes, you can do the edits in your EE profile and add her to your application.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi
I am working in Ontario with Closed Work Permit, with location in permit mentioned as TORONTO.
But due to logistic reasons, I plan to work from another office of same company in MISSISSAUGA (24 km away from Toronto office).
Also Work permit states that
1. NOT AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN ANY LOCATION OTHER THAN STATED
2. Authorized to work at client sites across Canada

QUESTION - 1 : MISSISSAUGA is part of Great Toronto Area (GTA). Will it be considered as Toronto location. Or Do I need to get my work permit updated?

QUESTION - 2: - Just received NOI for OINP last week. In my Express entry and OINP profile, Can I mention MISSISSAUGA as Employment location.
Keep it Toronto only.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
@13nitinsharma

What to select in the "Provinces and territories of interest" section of EE profile to be considered for an OINP NOI? I have selected everything in that section, should I remove everything else and select "Ontario" only? Currently in the pool with a score of 469 and NOC 2175.

emrzed

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
I have received NOI from Ontario this January for NOC 0213 and NOC 2175 with a total of 461 points. So within my EE profile, I've claimed 3 years and 8 months of work experience. The problem is I can provide experience letter + bank statements of salary + Social Security (which my company was paying for), only for 2 years and 1 month of those claimed years and for the rest I only have experience letter + some irregular payments of salary.

Do you think I can convince the officers with a cover letter? and If they only accept my 2.1 years of work experience, can I still get the nomination?

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
How often are NOC 5241 (Graphic Designers) included for OINP draws? I didn't know this was considered "Tech", CRS score would still be too low (441, maxed everything but only have BFA) if I entered the pool, but it's an interesting option.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I have received NOI from Ontario this January for NOC 0213 and NOC 2175 with a total of 461 points. So within my EE profile, I've claimed 3 years and 8 months of work experience. The problem is I can provide experience letter + bank statements of salary + Social Security (which my company was paying for), only for 2 years and 1 month of those claimed years and for the rest I only have experience letter + some irregular payments of salary.

Do you think I can convince the officers with a cover letter? and If they only accept my 2.1 years of work experience, can I still get the nomination?
I don't think your application will be approved. Check this link:

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-applicant-checklist

They need reference letters from all of previous employers, first month and last month pay slip which will be very difficult to get. Basically, you need to prove all of your work experiences in your primary NOC and not just partial or the one's you claim in your EE profile.

Reactions: emrzed