+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech and General Draw - 2020

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
I don't understand. What is the point of selecting someone with 472 who has good chance of getting EE ITA in next few draws. Even last year OINP draws were closer to EE CRS scores. Anyone has an explanation why would they do that?
I agree. The only explanation I can think of is that they can take people with CRS scores lower than the latest ITA draw. The last draw was 473, so that might be why they took scores just under. The OINP CRS scores will continue to rise as long as the ITA draw scores rise.

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
I don't understand. What is the point of selecting someone with 472 who has good chance of getting EE ITA in next few draws. Even last year OINP draws were closer to EE CRS scores. Anyone has an explanation why would they do that?
I agree. The only explanation I can think of is that they can take people with CRS scores lower than the latest ITA draw. The last draw was 473, so that might be why they took scores just under. The OINP CRS scores will continue to rise as long as the ITA draw scores rise.

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
If you look at the previous tech draws, you will see that the highest CRS score that gets an NOI is always 1 point lower than the latest ITA draw score at the time.

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
If you look at the previous tech draws, you will see that the highest CRS score that gets an NOI is always 1 point lower than the latest ITA draw score at the time.
Agree. Still i don't get the logic :)
Why would someone with 472 would accept the invite and pay 1500 CAD extra and wait for extra 2 months processing.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Agree. Still i don't get the logic :)
Why would someone with 472 would accept the invite and pay 1500 CAD extra and wait for extra 2 months processing.
oinp gives extra 600 points so if you make a mistake and your application gets rejected you have enough points to get an ita again.
its better to take it. some people get rejected and never make the cut off again.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Thanks man. I have a question though. If I don't accept/reject it yet, I'll still be in the pool right? I am actually planning to wait for a couple of draws(since this OINP can wait for 45 days) and If I don't receive an ITA, I'll probably go for OINP.
Yes, correct. You've 45 days deadline to submit your application to Ontario (via Ontario portal).

jpshya

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
oinp gives extra 600 points so if you make a mistake and your application gets rejected you have enough points to get an ita again.
its better to take it. some people get rejected and never make the cut off again.
Can the extra 600 points used for the second EE profile, if the first one is rejected?
I thought PNP nomination is based on current profile.
And can a person process both OINP and EE profile at the same time? meaning if with someone at 472 gets ITA in next draw, can they process both NOI received from OINP and ITA from EE?

garima994

Sep 11, 2019
Hi, I got the letter of interest from Ontario yesterday. But I am not sure what is this & how do I proceed with it? Can anyone help me?