+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PR (under PNP) and work permit

Zubair123

Dec 17, 2014
Hi,

I have been nominated by Ontario PNP program and applied for federal PR on June 12, 2014 (Sydney Nova Scotia). I haven't received my AOR/file number yet.
My post-graduation work permit will be expired on March, 2015. When I was nominated for PNP, they provided me a separate letter addressing federal immigration officer
advising to issue me a 16 months work permit.

But the problem is when I spoke with a CIC representative she informed me that they won't be able to issue me a open work permit until I get the file number. I have to renew my work permit for my job as soon as possible but I don't have file number from Sydney Intake office. Can you guys please tell me what to do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Did you receive any call / emails for QA from Ontario PNP?

You have done everything that you can. You are in the middle of nowhere because it's depend on when CIC wants to issue your AOR. You still have another 3 months to wait. Hope that you can get your AOR before that.

I read from the other thread that CIC is processing some of Ontario PNP files from June 2013 and issuing AOR for new files. Hope you will get yours soon.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
You are in the same boat as i am. I applied on August 25/2014, and still no word back from CIO. My work permit is expiring in March 2015. I am in the process of applying closed work permit by using the help of the letter initially provided by Ontario PNP.
I don't mind closed work permit, because we have stick to the same employer anyway under PNP until we get a permanent immigration.

I think you should consider applying for a closed one as well. Let me know if i can be of any other assistance, bro.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Zubair123

Dec 17, 2014
karenv said:
Did you receive any call / emails for QA from Ontario PNP?

You have done everything that you can. You are in the middle of nowhere because it's depend on when CIC wants to issue your AOR. You still have another 3 months to wait. Hope that you can get your AOR before that.

I read from the other thread that CIC is processing some of Ontario PNP files from June 2013 and issuing AOR for new files. Hope you will get yours soon.
Thanks. Yes, I got call -QA from Ontario PNP.

Zubair123

Dec 17, 2014
Sandipppp said:
You are in the same boat as i am. I applied on August 25/2014, and still no word back from CIO. My work permit is expiring in March 2015. I am in the process of applying closed work permit by using the help of the letter initially provided by Ontario PNP.
I don't mind closed work permit, because we have stick to the same employer anyway under PNP until we get a permanent immigration.

I think you should consider applying for a closed one as well. Let me know if i can be of any other assistance, bro.

Thanks,
Sandeep
Thanks. I applied for PNP under Masters program (without job offer). I got job later and this contract will end March, 2015. Possibly, I may have to work for another employer after that.

With regard to closed work permit, do I have to work with same employer with this permit? I agree with you, I will apply for work permit (closed or open - not sure yet) with the initial letter from PNP.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Oh ok. i thought you applied under International student with a job offer.
In that case, if you apply for your work permit on the basis of PNP letter, you will be getting an open work permit.
Closed work permit is only for those who had nominated under a job offer category, but in your case you nominated under master's for you shall get an open WP. Still if you want to confirm call PNP guys.

Albeit, i suspect that in January, CIO will be expediting the process of issuing file numbers.