+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP

Kend

May 3, 2023
Hello everyone,
I am currently in the EE pool applying under CEC but considering Ontario PNP to get more points. However when i was going through the documents checklist it says they need an employment letter with the NOC of my job listed on the letter. I work for one of the big banks and they always refused to list any NOCs on employment letters. Should i still go ahead and apply for PNP with my employment letter without a NOC im unsure. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I am currently in the EE pool applying under CEC but considering Ontario PNP to get more points. However when i was going through the documents checklist it says they need an employment letter with the NOC of my job listed on the letter. I work for one of the big banks and they always refused to list any NOCs on employment letters. Should i still go ahead and apply for PNP with my employment letter without a NOC im unsure. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks
What OINP stream? The ones with job offers requires support from the employer and they must fill out forms. It is not just a job letter. Banks will not sign the forM.

Kend

May 3, 2023
What OINP stream? The ones with job offers requires support from the employer and they must fill out forms. It is not just a job letter. Banks will not sign the forM.
Thanks for your reply, I am applying under the International student stream and yes they refuse to include any NOC on the job offer

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply, I am applying under the International student stream and yes they refuse to include any NOC on the job offer
So is the bank willing to fill out the employer form and support your nomination? Usually banks do not sign the form because of the paperwork, providing detailed financial information, job posting details, and prove urgency to expand their business. A job offer is not enough. Employer MUST sign form so if they don’t, you are not eligible.

Kend

May 3, 2023
So is the bank willing to fill out the employer form and support your nomination? Usually banks do not sign the form because of the paperwork, providing detailed financial information, job posting details, and prove urgency to expand their business. A job offer is not enough. Employer MUST sign form so if they don’t, you are not eligible.
I mean they can sign it yes and provide everything listed on the checklist except for listing of NOC codes on the form, thats the only thing they refuse to include

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I mean they can sign it yes and provide everything listed on the checklist except for listing of NOC codes on the form, thats the only thing they refuse to include
So if they will not include the NOC code, then how will OINP know what your job is. Same for Express Entry. You can try and submit and see what happens without a NOC, but NOCs are key for all immigration programs. Surprised the bank is even willing to sign the employer form, as usually HR has to be involved.

Reactions: rcincanada2019

Kend

May 3, 2023
Yes they said NOC code is for me to choose based on what i feel
So if they will not include the NOC code, then how will OINP know what your job is. Same for Express Entry. You can try and submit and see what happens without a NOC, but NOCs are key for all immigration programs. Surprised the bank is even willing to sign the employer form, as usually HR has to be involved.
my res
for EE IRCC didn't require to include a NOC in your employment letter but rather let you choose it. I am not 100% certain as I am doing it with a lawyer, but was thinking of doing OINP on my own to save on some money. I might try and contact them! Thank you though

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Double check with your employer if they are indeed going to fill up and sign the employer form. It requires serious participation from your employer, including providing some financial info.

I can't recall the thread, but somebody in the torum got an OINP invite and only later found out his bank employer would not fill up the employer form.

My company's HR was heavily involved during my OINP application, even promptly responding to any questions by Ontario Immigration.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Double check with your employer if they are indeed going to fill up and sign the employer form. It requires serious participation from your employer, including providing some financial info.

I can't recall the thread, but somebody in the torum got an OINP invite and only later found out his bank employer would not fill up the employer form.

My company's HR was heavily involved during my OINP application, even promptly responding to any questions by Ontario Immigration.
Agree. Usually banks do not support a nomination. It is not the bank branch that fills it out but would have to go to the bank’s HR department for signature. I have never read about a bank doing it given the information that must be provided in the forM.

robin1995

Nov 19, 2020
hi, I have a question regarding to the international graduate stream. how do you find employers that support for OINP international graduate stream for example how do you check if they will provide employer form for OINP i am confused ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi, I have a question regarding to the international graduate stream. how do you find employers that support for OINP international graduate stream for example how do you check if they will provide employer form for OINP i am confused ?
You ask them directly if they will support your nomination. Some employers will not, and some may not be eligible. So read through the employer eligibility requirements.

robin1995

Nov 19, 2020
You ask them directly if they will support your nomination. Some employers will not, and some may not be eligible. So read through the employer eligibility requirements.
do you know any list of companies from your network that do support i have some good experience i can apply

robin1995

Nov 19, 2020
i have another question you know there are layoff happening in rogers i am stressed what will happen to me as i have completed 10 months and 2 more months to go to complete 1 years to apply for express but can i complete my remaining 2 months in same noc code in another company?

Kend

May 3, 2023
i have another question you know there are layoff happening in rogers i am stressed what will happen to me as i have completed 10 months and 2 more months to go to complete 1 years to apply for express but can i complete my remaining 2 months in same noc code in another company?
Yes for sure from what i know, as long as your new jobs NOC is level B or above its fine, i also changed jobs, both different NOC’s but both are above B and my lawyer said its fine