+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP ( Opportunities Ontario) - your opinion, experience, help - Thanks!

zhangz64

Jan 10, 2014
Hello, everyone.

I will be graduating University of Toronto master program in 2016.
Since I have previously applied PGWP therefore, my only option of staying in Canada is to apply for PNP.

Here is my concern:
From what i read on ontarioimmigration website, I could apply PNP as soon as during my last semester. Do they need my master degree to issue the PNP certificate to me? or I could get if before graduate?

Since, I am not eiligibal for PGWP and I have to apply for a bridging open work permit with a support letter.

So, here is the process.
PNP application->Ontario support letter->open work permit application-> receive work permit

If i apply PNP at January, It is realistic to receive the work permit by may?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience with me.

Rich

maximin

Star Member
Feb 4, 2014
If you would be graduating this year, your chances to receive your certificate sometime in May will be close to zero.

There are several reasons for that:

1. OPNP does not consider application complete until they receive the confirmation that applicant have completed all degree requirements.
2. OPNP has a qouta issue. But they try to work on it.
3. By new rule OPNP does not process any applications during December and January.
4. OPNP often asks for additional documents, which take time to prepare and send.

The average processing time right now is 7 months.

However, this all can change by 2016.

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
PNP Ontario program say that you need at least 2 years of work experience but they dont say inside in Canada or outside of Canada. Does anybody now?