+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hello guys i have a question regarding other activities

I lived in country A my whole life and traveled to country B every year for vacations which also is my home country.
After a while i went to Country B for higher education and resided there for 5 years but every year came to Country A for vacation lol for a month or two.
And now i have been back in Country B for the past 9 years and on job and travelling to Country A every year for vacation.

Now the confusion is i need to fill gaps besides education and work.
For last 9 years it is very easy i guess every month in a year i would write personal travel to Country B and describe went for vacation.
But how do i write the last year which would be the 10th year that i resided in Country B for education for 11 months and one month i came to Country A for vacation.

Would just writing 1 month personal vacation travel to Country A be okey ? it wont confuse the officer?
As technically 11 months are covered in education time frame.

almo09

Aug 21, 2020
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are safe and well

I would like to know which province hires Buyers and Procurement officials. I have 6 years experience in purchasing for an E commerce company under NOC 6222.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Many thanks in Advance

k_rnd23

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Since you are not claiming point for it, no need to include them, IMO. Well I didn't and i got my nomination. I think I included it in other activities, so as not to leave a gap. although it says "activities other than paid work". but I still did.

For ties to Ontario, I made a list which included social and professional connections, alumni connections, ongoing job, spouse's job, etc. I didn't have to prove social. Just mentioned in list.
Thank you Oddy! Another thing, I only have the following information on my reference letters: position, duties, salary, hours per week, benefits, and employer's contact details as per the Express entry requirement. Are weeks worked per year and any extended leave mandatory information as well for OINP? Thanks.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Explain the situation in your LOE
Thank you. I was planning to do that. But wanted an opinion on the forum regarding what would be the best way to proceed.
A LOE would suffice right ?
I wanted to know does OINP refuse applications right away ? or do they provide a chance to provide any additional documents if they have any confusion regarding a matter?
As I have read on the forum people receive ADR or letter of intent for refusal so you can provide your reply and fix it.

Is that the process for every application ?

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued
As of September 17, 5.5K nominations have been issued. I guess this includes almost all the NOIs which were sent by August
@mohit2018
@arghya009 Some optimism bruh
Most likely there will be a tech draw this month
I have different thoughts about it. I don't think they would have completed the applications or issued the nominations to the candidates of the last priority occupation draw and maybe some of the last tech draw. But yeah man, I would be happy to be wrong. :)
Let's hope for the best.

Reactions: J20190911

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-application-processing-times-and-nominations-issued
As of September 17, 5.5K nominations have been issued. I guess this includes almost all the NOIs which were sent by August
@mohit2018
@arghya009 Some optimism bruh
Most likely there will be a tech draw this month
The embolden is not true. I don't think anyone that got NOI in August have been nominated. I got my NOI in August and only submitted about a week ago and I know people that submitted before that have not gotten nomination as well.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
The embolden is not true. I don't think anyone that got NOI in August have been nominated. I got my NOI in August and only submitted about a week ago and I know people that submitted before that have not gotten nomination as well.
Most of the dudes above 472 who got the NOI by August have withdrawn their NOI and accepted the ITA on Sep 16. So we can reduce around 300 from 700 NOIs. Assuming that 90 percent of the 400 dudes accept the Aug NOIs receive the nomination, 5,500 plus around 400 takes the nominations issued to 5.9 K.

Plus they also recently accepted around 1000 registrations towards the International Job Students stream and assuming that around 700 or 600 get successful nominations (heard that there are quite a lot of refusals in streams like these). So, the above 5.9k plus 600 takes the nominations issued for the year to around 6.5K approximately.

Besides, the below streams are already closed for this year
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
Masters Graduate Stream

So there would be for sure 800 to 1000 nominations left and the stream that is due after all the other prior draws is HCP - tech draw. Hoping to see another tech draw.

Last edited:
Reactions: PG12

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
Most of the dudes above 472 who got the NOI by August have withdrawn their NOI and accepted the ITA on Sep 16. So we can reduce around 300 from 700 NOIs. Assuming that 90 percent of the 400 dudes accept the Aug NOIs receive the nomination, 5,500 plus around 400 takes the nominations issued to 5.9 K.

Plus they also recently accepted around 1000 registrations towards the International Job Students stream and assuming that around 700 or 600 get successful nominations (heard that there are quite a lot of refusals in streams like these). So, the above 5.9k plus 600 takes the nominations issued for the year to around 6.5K approximately.

Masters Graduate Stream

So there would be for sure 800 to 1000 nominations left and the stream that is due after all the other prior draws is HCP - tech draw. Hoping to see another tech draw.

Annual nominations
Each year, the federal government, through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allocates a certain number of nominations to the Ontario government (OINP).

In 2020:

• Ontario received an allocation of 7,350 plus an additional 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations (NOC Skill Level C).
  • as of September 17, 2020, 5,555 nominations have been issued
Note: When an applicant is nominated for permanent residence by the OINP, they must then apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). IRCC makes the final decision on who gets permanent residence.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020

Masters Graduate Stream

The Master stream has not even opened once this year. There is a high probability it will supersede all other streams in last remaining three months of 2020. Personal view.