+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

ira87

Dec 21, 2019
Most of the dudes above 472 who got the NOI by August have withdrawn their NOI and accepted the ITA on Sep 16. So we can reduce around 300 from 700 NOIs. Assuming that 90 percent of the 400 dudes accept the Aug NOIs receive the nomination, 5,500 plus around 400 takes the nominations issued to 5.9 K.

Plus they also recently accepted around 1000 registrations towards the International Job Students stream and assuming that around 700 or 600 get successful nominations (heard that there are quite a lot of refusals in streams like these). So, the above 5.9k plus 600 takes the nominations issued for the year to around 6.5K approximately.

Besides, the below streams are already closed for this year
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker Stream
Masters Graduate Stream

So there would be for sure 800 to 1000 nominations left and the stream that is due after all the other prior draws is HCP - tech draw. Hoping to see another tech draw.
My crs is 368 and 68 point . I have selected all provinces. What are my chances to be selected , noc 2253 civil engineer draft technologist

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Annual nominations
Each year, the federal government, through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) allocates a certain number of nominations to the Ontario government (OINP).

In 2020:

• Ontario received an allocation of 7,350 plus an additional 250 nominations for temporary foreign workers in intermediate skilled occupations (NOC Skill Level C).
  • as of September 17, 2020, 5,555 nominations have been issued
Note: When an applicant is nominated for permanent residence by the OINP, they must then apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). IRCC makes the final decision on who gets permanent residence.
so Ontario will send NOIs as per the allocation?
Or they send NOIs more than the set allocations and nominate only that is allocated and decline the rest?

CANSam21

Sep 21, 2020
Anybody from July 29th draw who has moved beyond the "Assessment" Phase. I have been stuck in that phase since September 4th.

NOI Received: July 29th
Submitted: August 9th
Assessment: September 3rd
DIP: TBA
Nominated: TBA

Reactions: J20190911

CANSam21

Sep 21, 2020
Also, what is the probability of successfully receiving a nomination after receiving a NOI? Does anyone have historical data on this?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
No because the timelines on their site says 60-90 days. Do you know if this is calendar or business days?
Calendar days from the date of submission.

No too early to call. Probably need to wait for another month or so before one should make the call
Yeah, a few people with timeline similar to ours called last Friday and got generic response saying the official processing timeline is 60-90 days.

SVJO123

Aug 18, 2020
Application moved to Assessment stage. CRS 468
Tech Pilot invite 29 July
Submitted 2 Sep
Assessment 20 Sep
Congratulations!
I wonder when mine would move to assessment stage.
NOI: 29th July Tech draw
Submitted: 27th aug.
Did u receive any mail from OINP when your application moved to assessment stage?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
The Master stream has not even opened once this year. There is a high probability it will supersede all other streams in last remaining three months of 2020. Personal view.
I do not think so. The master's stream is closed for this year (as far as I have heard).
I highly believe this Wednesday would have a tech draw. There is a Maintenance Window too which was put up on the CIC website.
I associate this with a tech draw
Let us see. Even if it does not, the next draw for Jan should invite tons of IT techies

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I do not think so. The master's stream is closed for this year (as far as I have heard).
I highly believe this Wednesday would have a tech draw. There is a Maintenance Window too which was put up on the CIC website.
I associate this with a tech draw
Let us see. Even if it does not, the next draw for Jan should invite tons of IT techies
I would gauge my level of expectations if I were you. They haven't even dealt with the entirety of the 29th July tech draw candidates, talk less of the August 26th HCP draw candidates. There might be another NOI this year but I reckon that it isn't going to come this Wednesday. We have seen updates without draws before so I wouldn't ride too much on that but I seriously hope that I am wrong for everyone's sake.

arghya009

Sep 19, 2019
I would gauge my level of expectations if I were you. They haven't even dealt with the entirety of the 29th July tech draw candidates, talk less of the August 26th HCP draw candidates. There might be another NOI this year but I reckon that it isn't going to come this Wednesday. We have seen updates without draws before so I wouldn't ride too much on that but I seriously hope that I am wrong for everyone's sake.
CRS 460 any chance to go though tech draw before October 2020

CANSam21

Sep 21, 2020
Congratulations!
I wonder when mine would move to assessment stage.
NOI: 29th July Tech draw
Submitted: 27th aug.
Did u receive any mail from OINP when your application moved to assessment stage?
No...It happened pretty silently. Had to log into the OINP page and check the status to know.

Reactions: SVJO123