+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Guys, I have 4 years experience at first job. I reached out employer today to obtain pay slip. I am selecting the month of Jan and Dec each year as per OINP application guidance (start and end of period)

a) Manager suggested he can print the salary breakup of requested months on 1 page (in form of table) on company letter head and can sign and stamp as this would be easier than issuing separate pay slip for each month which would be 8 pages and greater hassle

b) Further, he agreed to add column in the same table to show the mode of payment is cash or bank. I think this would suffice for the salaries paid in cash (which are 2 only, for the first year)

Is this fine? Please advise
My interpretation of payslip requirement is that they need one for the beginning and one for the end of each period of employment. So if you only had one role and one employment that you are showing, I think just 2 payslips will do. One from the first month and one from the last month of the entire period with this role. At least that's what I've submitted for my various periods of employment - there's no mention of two payslips per year anywhere.

sarikavats

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
My interpretation of payslip requirement is that they need one for the beginning and one for the end of each period of employment. So if you only had one role and one employment that you are showing, I think just 2 payslips will do. One from the first month and one from the last month of the entire period with this role. At least that's what I've submitted for my various periods of employment - there's no mention of two payslips per year anywhere.
I also did the same.

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
There were basically 2 roles in the job however JD was same in both the jobs and salary was not dependent on the role. There was one salary increment.

I discussed with one guy. he said if you get salary breakup of selected months on one letter immigration officer might think that you are only paid for these months and not any other month. which sounds absurd to me as when I am submitting my bank statement the immigration officer can easily see that I was paid for whole period of employement. So getting salary breakup of selected months on signed letter head on one page is fine as per you guys? pls advise. looks fine and fair to me

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
is nomination guaranteed once you are in DIP?
I don't think anything is guaranteed at any time in this process, but from what I understand very few get rejected. You can check out the immitracker details to see if anyone has been rejected from the cases there - I doubt it.

There were basically 2 roles in the job however JD was same in both the jobs and salary was not dependent on the role. There was one salary increment.

I discussed with one guy. he said if you get salary breakup of selected months on one letter immigration officer might think that you are only paid for these months and not any other month. which sounds absurd to me as when I am submitting my bank statement the immigration officer can easily see that I was paid for whole period of employement. So getting salary breakup of selected months on signed letter head on one page is fine as per you guys? pls advise. looks fine and fair to me
I suggest keeping it simple. They want to see that you've been paid in the beginning and end of each role that you've had. Option 1: Use payslips. If that's not available, option 2: use bank statements showing the salary getting credited in that particular month. If that's not available, option 3: show tax returns. If none of these is available, use a letter by the employee, but that letter needs to specify why payslips aren't available. Just read the document requirements section a few times, and try to stick as close as possible to that.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Thanks for the information but really worried now. I have exhausted all my options and now in first week of Jan both my Husband and I will loose marks for our age. These 2 PNP draw were my only hope.
Improve your CRS. That's the only option. What is your guys' present CRS?
Also, today Ontario has proposed its plans about introducing an EOI system to their PNP just like the Federal
https://www.cimmigrationnews.com/ontario-immigration-to-introduce-expression-of-interest-system/

Good luck to all of us trying to immigrate via the OINP

Reactions: J20190911

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi Guys, I have 4 years experience at first job. I reached out employer today to obtain pay slip. I am selecting the month of Jan and Dec each year as per OINP application guidance (start and end of period)

a) Manager suggested he can print the salary breakup of requested months on 1 page (in form of table) on company letter head and can sign and stamp as this would be easier than issuing separate pay slip for each month which would be 8 pages and greater hassle

b) Further, he agreed to add column in the same table to show the mode of payment is cash or bank. I think this would suffice for the salaries paid in cash (which are 2 only, for the first year)

Is this fine? Please advise
Start and end period means the first and last month in the role. If you started in the role in February 2020 and left the role in August 2020, you are to get payslips for February and August only.

Instead of printing a tabularized payslips on the company letterhead, they can simply write you a letter to explain why they do not have it. Perhaps the company don't operate that model or something after all, not all companies give payslips.