+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2020 Discussion Join Here

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Dear All,

I have recently submitted my application under OINP tech draw (15 Oct 2020).

Kindly provide insights on the tentative timeline for status changes to Assessment, DIP, Decision, Nomination from the time application is submitted (6th November).

Thanks
Regards

RichaBagga26

Apr 9, 2019
Hi
I need some help.
I have received nomination from Ontario today and i plan to accept it in a day or two.
The question is my husband's (dependent applicant) ielts score expires this weekend. Do we need to take the IELTS again? Since the PNP was based on our combined ielts score.
Or would it be ok to accept the 600 points without him needing to appear for the exam again?

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hi
I need some help.
I have received nomination from Ontario today and i plan to accept it in a day or two.
The question is my husband's (dependent applicant) ielts score expires this weekend. Do we need to take the IELTS again? Since the PNP was based on our combined ielts score.
Or would it be ok to accept the 600 points without him needing to appear for the exam again?
Once accepted/nominated by the province, no need for IELTS. Better check if its a requirement in the PR application by IRCC

Eranil

Nov 25, 2020
Hi All, does anyone applied for OINP employer job offer I submitted application on 24 Aug. Now it’s DIP. It’s been 92 days since I submit my application. They asked for additional document 2 weeks back. And after 2 days it turned again to DIP. Anybody have an idea how long it will take to approval for nomination. Anybody here applied in August and got nomination approved .?

Eranil

Nov 25, 2020
People from 26th August are waiting for status to change from submitted to assessment.. it might be a wait for october noi. Probably december for them.
I do believe they have almost used up there nominations for the year and are pushing rest of them for next year.
I submitted mine on 27th sep and it changed to assessment 16th november.. after 50 days.
Any update for your application. May I know Which stream you applied.

doug87z

Oct 11, 2015
International Student OINP through Regional Immigration Pilot for Chatham-Kent

Submitted: 14/09/2020
Assessment: 25/09/2020
DIP: 26/11/2020

fingers crossed

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hi All, does anyone applied for OINP employer job offer I submitted application on 24 Aug. Now it’s DIP. It’s been 92 days since I submit my application. They asked for additional document 2 weeks back. And after 2 days it turned again to DIP. Anybody have an idea how long it will take to approval for nomination. Anybody here applied in August and got nomination approved .?
takes two weeks on an average in DIP, should there be no additional requests and the docs requested are accepted as it seems, you will hear good news soon.

cheramz

Apr 3, 2017
HI, can someone enlighten me on this JOIS clause, I am a little confuse about this. You see, I have a Bachelor's degree back home and I took 1yr grad certificate in Business Management in Canada, do I qualify for JOIS?
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement.
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require “a degree or a diploma”, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.

Adineh

Jun 5, 2017
People from 26th August are waiting for status to change from submitted to assessment.. it might be a wait for october noi. Probably december for them.
I do believe they have almost used up there nominations for the year and are pushing rest of them for next year.
I submitted mine on 27th sep and it changed to assessment 16th november.. after 50 days.
OMG, I have heard from someone that their status changed after 3 weeks. With your description, there is no specific time for status change. I hope it will not take more than 90 days mentioned in the site.

Reactions: J20190911

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
HI, can someone enlighten me on this JOIS clause, I am a little confuse about this. You see, I have a Bachelor's degree back home and I took 1yr grad certificate in Business Management in Canada, do I qualify for JOIS?
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement.
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require “a degree or a diploma”, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.
One year degree, be it be diploma or certificate. The institution should confirm its one year full time attended course. A post secondary course. In JOIS, what matter most is the job offer, it should along with employer meet certain standards.

Satrajsingh

Dec 2, 2020
Hi, i apply employer based oinp (international stream) on 1st September, then they the status to assessment stage on 16 October. After that I received a email oinp that they change my last and first name according to my passport on 10th November and same day site showing my file decision in process. Still waiting, any idea how long it gonna take.

Canadaismyhome

Star Member
Nov 14, 2020
Hi there, I have applied for the ONIP on November 11th and now still under the stage of submitted, does anyone has ideas why it takes so long to move foward to stage 2 ?

Another question is, how long do I need to wait for my PR after onip?

Thank you !

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi there, I have applied for the ONIP on November 11th and now still under the stage of submitted, does anyone has ideas why it takes so long to move foward to stage 2 ?

Another question is, how long do I need to wait for my PR after onip?

Thank you !
You need to exercise a lot of patience mate. They have been so slow lately. Some applications spent 50days in submitted before they were moved to assessment.