+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2019 Discussion Join Here

Confusedal

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hi,

Hope this will help you. I submitted my application in OINP which got approved yesterday.

I just submitted my latest 3 months bank statement, which was on the bank letterhead and with bank seal. There was no need for bank reference letter. And I think there will not accept if it is online download.
Yep. Bank letter is NOT required for OINP. IRCC asks for it though along with a 6 month bank statement. For OINP, all you need is a 3 months bank statement and that’s about it.

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Even post ITA, bank letter might not be mandatory per se as not all banks issue such letters (e.g. in US). They simply go by what their system supports not by what a customer requests. Having said that, in such cases, probably an explanation in LOE would suffice.

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Finally, the day has come and I've got the Ontario nomination approved.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for being together as always. I wish you everyone good luck for tomorrow's draw.

God bless everyone. Please see my timeline below:

NOC - 0124
CRS Score - 450
NOI Received: May 31, 2019
Application Submitted: June 6, 2019
Assessment: June 13, 2019
Decision in Progress: July 2, 2019
Nomination: July 23, 2019
Congrats.
I would assume timelines might vary for typical IT NOCs (i.e. July 12th NOIs). I always thought there is some AOR stage before getting nomination, which of above in your post corresponds to that (if there is one)?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi Nithin,

Our score is now 1047, which will make us eligible for the next round of invitation.

Can you please share with us the checklist for the same? Also please advise if it is ok to apply for police verification now before we get the invitation.

Thanks in advance.
Yes, please go ahead and get your PCC done in advance now.

For checklist, please follow the below link with detailed information of post ITA documentation:

http://askkubeir.com/post-ita/

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi @13nitinsharma + other seniors,
I was wondering if you could advise me in my following situation:
I am having a total of ~9 years of experience in IT. The break-up of work experience is:
  1. Jul-2010 - Apr-2013: job duties match with NOC 2173
  2. May-2013 - till date: job duties are a mix of NOC 2173 + 2171
However, in my EE profile, I have chosen 2173 in case 1 (above) and 2171 in case 2 to keep a variety of NOCs in my EE profile to have a better chance in PNP.
As now OINP doesn't include 2171 in their demand-list and as per their requirement, they consider the last 5-year job code to select a candidate in their tech-draws. I think I would not have any chance if there happens a tech-draw which include my CRS score.
So my question is, should I just change the NOC in my 2nd experience? or it would be considered as a misrepresentation?
I am in pool for the last 1.5 year and OINP tech draw seems to be the first and the only hope at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

Mikebuddy

Dec 31, 2018
Yep. Bank letter is NOT required for OINP. IRCC asks for it though along with a 6 month bank statement. For OINP, all you need is a 3 months bank statement and that’s about it.
This is not completely true. It is case by case basis. I will tell you, just yesterday they asked me for updated bank letter, I had earlier submitted this. I am using gift deed anyway.

Mikebuddy

Dec 31, 2018
Hey everyone, I waited for a few months in the US for a H1B that I did not get. I was unemployed during this time. Should I explain this gap by saying "Unemployed" or "Waiting for work authorization"? Both are technically correct. This is for the "Other activities" section of the OINP application post NOI.

Please help!
You were simply unemployed in my opinion.

mohit2018

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am a software professional(QA Automation Engg.) and have a total of 9 years of experience. My work experiences are as follows:
1: Jul - 2010 to Apr-2013 :(2.9 yrs) : NOC code 2173.
2: May - 2013 till date : (6.1 yrs) : NOC 2173+NOC 2171
My 1st occupation is fine but regarding the 2nd, I have been working with job duties which are a mix of job NOC code 2173 and 2171(50-50%). However, in my submitted EE profile, I have chosen 2171 for the current employment(to keep a variety of NOCs in my EE profile). While I could have chosen 2173 for occupation2 without any problem. However, The primary NOC in my EE is 2173.
Now my dilemma is: OINP has not listed 2171 in its OID list and they consider the last 5 years of experience to invite a candidate. So, I think I don't stand a chance if a tech-draw occurs at my CRS.
Questions:
1. Would OINP consider the primary NOC to consider a profile?
2. Should NOC in occupation2 be changed to 2173 to increase my chances? Though, from various platforms, I learned that changing NOC usually attracts the chances of rejection in the assessment.

What should be the best option for me?

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
It depends, if you are doing gift deed, they will ask you for bank letter.
Wonder why gift deed should make them ask for bank letter? If statements are showing those entries and deed is notarised etc. Can you please share what exactly they ask for in the bank letter?

Mikebuddy

Dec 31, 2018
Wonder why gift deed should make them ask for bank letter? If statements are showing those entries and deed is notarised etc. Can you please share what exactly they ask for in the bank letter?
I also used treasury bills, maybe that is why.
Below is an extract of the letter they sent me.

Settlement Funds
You must possess sufficient funds and/or income from an Ontario employer to cover the settlement costs for yourself and your dependent family members, whether they are accompanying you to Ontario or not.
For a family of three, the minimum settlement funds required are $19,390 CAD.
Please provide:
• An updated letter from your financial institution confirming that the funds contained in your bank account meet the minimum settlement funds requirement and can be immediately liquidated or redeemed on instructions and at what value.

Sep 1, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I received the NOI on 12th July and I'm in the process of gathering the documents. I received the reference letter from my office that mentions the positions I have held in the firm. However, the first job title is different from what is mentioned in the offer letter due to some internal organisational changes. Can you please tell me how can I explain this discrepancy?

captainUT

May 23, 2019
I want to share some of my good news with you guys: I just got my nomination today and here is my timeline:

Human Capital Priorities Stream
NOC: 1114
NOI Received: May 31, 2019
Application Submitted: June 12, 2019
Assessment: June 17, 2019
Decision in Progress: June 25, 2019
Approval: July 30, 2019

Reactions: Uchyann

RaghuR

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
I also used treasury bills, maybe that is why.
Below is an extract of the letter they sent me.

Settlement Funds
You must possess sufficient funds and/or income from an Ontario employer to cover the settlement costs for yourself and your dependent family members, whether they are accompanying you to Ontario or not.
For a family of three, the minimum settlement funds required are $19,390 CAD.
Please provide:
• An updated letter from your financial institution confirming that the funds contained in your bank account meet the minimum settlement funds requirement and can be immediately liquidated or redeemed on instructions and at what value.
If T-bills are considered for 19.3K requirement then probably that's the reason (not the deed). Thanks for the confirmation.

Reactions: Mikebuddy