+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2018 - ICT occupations.

Knac12

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Sorry, there was a typo, what I meant, the same thing next PNP invitations (ICT tweaking to their program)
That's the million dollar question, oinp hasn't given any indication whether they will reduce the crs score requirement in 2018, like they did this year.
Also, note that even this year they did not start off the year by reducing the crs score for ICT NOCs. First NOIs were issued in February at which time they didn't reduce the score. Only in June, they reduced the score requirement.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Guys,
I am NOC 2173 with CRS 386. Hoping to apply for OINP.
Did my ielts last December (L 8.5, R 7, W 7 , S 8).
Still my ECA is pending.
I am doing all this with the hope and faith that OINP would reduce the CRS requirements as it did last year.

Guys , Can I create the EE entry profile before getting the WES assessment result is released.
Does creating the EE profile require to enter the ECA results.
The tool in WES suggests the number of points I can get for my MSC and BSC.

As I know OINP asks for the ECA only after the NOI right ?
So If I create the EE profile with with the expected EE results, I stand a chance to get the NOI from OINP in case the OINP holds a draw at a reduced CRS before I get the ECA and would not miss that opportunity.

Please advice .

Thanks
ruka

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Guys,
Still my ECA is pending.
I am doing all this with the hope and faith that OINP would reduce the CRS requirements as it did last year.

Guys , Can I create the EE entry profile before getting the WES assessment result is released.

So If I create the EE profile with with the expected EE results, I stand a chance to get the NOI from OINP in case the OINP holds a draw at a reduced CRS before I get the ECA and would not miss that opportunity.

Please advice .

Thanks
ruka
ECA mandatory unless you studied in canada. wait.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Though I got my IELTS results on my IELTS exam profile, I did not receive the hard copy.
Should I wait for IELTS hard copy to create the EE.

Thanks

Pure Soul

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sgvo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
09-08-2018
Nomination.....
04-10-2018
AOR Received.
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Though I got my IELTS results on my IELTS exam profile, I did not receive the hard copy.
Should I wait for IELTS hard copy to create the EE.

Thanks
no need to wait for hard copy. ECA is a must.
You can create EE anytime, but submit after entering ECA results.

Knac12

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Guys,
Still my ECA is pending.

Please advice .

Thanks
ruka
I am not sure why others are saying ECA is a must to create Express entry profile. An express entry profile can be created without ECA. But you will not get any points for your MSC & BSC.

But the problem with creating a profile without ECA is that, OINP requires you to have minimum bachelors degree to send you a NOI. So if you dont do ECA, you will not be able to show that you have degrees. so you wont get an NOI from OINP.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
I am not sure why others are saying ECA is a must to create Express entry profile. An express entry profile can be created without ECA. But you will not get any points for your MSC & BSC.

But the problem with creating a profile without ECA is that, OINP requires you to have minimum bachelors degree to send you a NOI. So if you dont do ECA, you will not be able to show that you have degrees. so you wont get an NOI from OINP.
Thanks all for your replies.
When creating the EE, what form of evidence should we provide on the profile for the ECA and IELTS ?
Is it the IELTS candidate number and the WES reference number ? Do they validate the results consulting the IELTS and the WES.

I thought these evidences are requested from us when we submit the documents in the OINP e-portal after receiving the NOI.

Please advice

Thanks

Knac12

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Thanks all for your replies.
When creating the EE, what form of evidence should we provide on the profile for the ECA and IELTS ?
Is it the IELTS candidate number and the WES reference number ? Do they validate the results consulting the IELTS and the WES.

I thought these evidences are requested from us when we submit the documents in the OINP e-portal after receiving the NOI.

Please advice

Thanks
For ECA: Your Validated ECA File No. from WES or whoever else you are getting the validation from.
For IELTS: Your Test Results No. (TRF) Which is given to you after getting your results from IELTS.

You will provide the PDF scanned copies in OINP Portal. But When you create your profile in express entry and want to claim points in your CRS, you will have to provide the things I mentioned above. Based on what you provide, your CRS score will be calculated and assigned to you. Based on your CRS Score, OINP or other provinces can decide to send you NOI. So, it is of course very much required to input this data while creating your profile.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
For ECA: Your Validated ECA File No. from WES or whoever else you are getting the validation from.
For IELTS: Your Test Results No. (TRF) Which is given to you after getting your results from IELTS.

You will provide the PDF scanned copies in OINP Portal. But When you create your profile in express entry and want to claim points in your CRS, you will have to provide the things I mentioned above. Based on what you provide, your CRS score will be calculated and assigned to you. Based on your CRS Score, OINP or other provinces can decide to send you NOI. So, it is of course very much required to input this data while creating your profile.
Thanks a lot for the clarfications

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,
I have some more questions regarding the EE profile creation

1 - The EE profile asks for the type of travel document and asks for the details. At the same time it allows us to add more entries (more travel documents). I am confused why it allows to enter many travel documents. Does it mean we need to enter our previous passport details as well. In my case , my new passport was taken in 2016. I had my previous passport before that which was also the one I used to apply for PR back in 2010 and did not proceed.

2 - I have a bachelor's and master's degree (ECA still in process for these two). In the education section should I enter the details of my primary and secondary education as well. I hope I needn't get the ECA done for these either. Please advice.

3 - Does the EE profile creation require uploading any kind of supporting docs like our passports etc.

Thanks
ruka

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
Hi,

1 - The EE profile asks for the type of travel document and asks for the details. At the same time it allows us to add more entries (more travel documents). I am confused why it allows to enter many travel documents. Does it mean we need to enter our previous passport details as well. In my case , my new passport was taken in 2016. I had my previous passport before that which was also the one I used to apply for PR back in 2010 and did not proceed.

2 - I have a bachelor's and master's degree (ECA still in process for these two). In the education section should I enter the details of my primary and secondary education as well. I hope I needn't get the ECA done for these either. Please advice.

3 - Does the EE profile creation require uploading any kind of supporting docs like our passports etc.

Thanks
ruka
Can someone please advise

Knac12

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Hi,

Thanks
ruka
1. You just need to enter your latest passport, thats all. some people have dual country passports, so there is an option to enter those details, but it's not applicable in your situation. your latest 2016 passport is good enough.

2. only enter details for what you have ECA's for. no need to enter anything else.

3. No need to upload any documents for EE Profile creation. All that will be asked later. right now, its just filling up the info.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)
1. You just need to enter your latest passport, thats all. some people have dual country passports, so there is an option to enter those details, but it's not applicable in your situation. your latest 2016 passp
ort is good enough.

2. only enter details for what you have ECA's for. no need to enter anything else.

3. No need to upload any documents for EE Profile creation. All that will be asked later. right now, its just filling up the info.
Thanks a lot. good luck to you