+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

em_husain

Jul 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

As we are all anticipating OINP to open sometimes soon, either in the remaining days of 2016 or sometimes in 2017 - I propose we all get together here, chat, discuss, share updates, predict and then share good news... once PT notifications would start coming through.

First of all there is a good thread with info on OINP: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html prepared by rajkamalmohanram.

Secondly, we have a watsapp group, pm or leave your number if you want to be added.

Finally, I am new to OINP myself, so I will try help whenever I can with advise or provide a pointer where to look for an advice.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi there

I am new to this forum and looking for answer on some of the questions/confusions I have, and hope somebody will clarify. I have just submitted an EE profile and in the territory field I selected Ontario. But after submission, my profile shows I am eligible for FSW program and not eligible for PNP. I have checked my eligibility for Ontario from Come To Canada page in the CIC website and also used the code they shared. Can anyone tell me what happened. FYI, I also have an EE for FSW that I created in July this year, and mentioned in the recent form as it asked if I had any previous application. Should I not mention FSW EE file no if I choose Ontario ? Hoping to get some help soon.

Regards,
Husain

Nov 12, 2017
My current score comes to 385
I fall under:NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
and thought of applying through :Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream
but looks like the minimum CRS score requirements is 400.

What you would suggest :
1) Is there any chances of score coming down below 400 in near future.
2)Should I try for some other province

The other options but really time taking would be:
1)Apply after achieving the Master's degree which will take more than a year(Iam currently persuing)
2) I learn french and apply through
Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream

michaelobi

Nov 12, 2017
I have one uncle who is Canadian but works in UAE. However, he travels to Canada regularly, pays his taxes and already bought a flat there. Can I claim the 5 relative points from him or not?
Of course you can claim it. And where required, show evidence of his citizenship and documents for the property

CooperStation22

May 14, 2017
Reactions: neetikapahwa

Cowboy122

May 31, 2017
Guys,

If someone will get the permanent residency (PR) through express entry but with the help of Ontario nomination (600 points). Is it okay if he/she moved to stay in Canada after 1 year of receiving the PR (due to family issues)?

em_husain

Jul 12, 2017
Hi there

I am new to this forum and looking for answer on some of the questions/confusions I have, and hope somebody will clarify. I have just submitted an EE profile and in the territory field I selected Ontario. But after submission, my profile shows I am eligible for FSW program and not eligible for PNP. I have checked my eligibility for Ontario from Come To Canada page in the CIC website and also used the code they shared. Can anyone tell me what happened. FYI, I also have an EE for FSW that I created in July this year, and mentioned in the recent form as it asked if I had any previous application. Should I not mention FSW EE file no if I choose Ontario ? Hoping to get some help soon.

Regards,
Husain

WannbeCanuck

Nov 7, 2017
Guys,

If someone will get the permanent residency (PR) through express entry but with the help of Ontario nomination (600 points). Is it okay if he/she moved to stay in Canada after 1 year of receiving the PR (due to family issues)?
I believe one should land in Canada within one year from the date of medical test after getting PR. This does not necessarily mean that you can't return due to family issues. However, in the long run, you may or could face issues during citizenship application.

Reactions: Cowboy122

lostguy

Jan 25, 2015
I think it's a good idea to mention that you will withdraw your SINP application as soon as you are nominated by Ontario.

As for other things to take care of before submitting, note that the photo requirements in the instructions are not consistent with what's on the OINP webpage when you get in the application - the instructions do not say that you need to scan the front and back of the picture. So if you were going to submit a digital photo, you now need to get a physical photo (preferably a passport photo) taken. The requirements are:

Photograph
Provide a copy of the front and back of a photograph of yourself that meets the following requirements:
  • Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), 300dpi or 413 pixels x 531 pixels or greater, showing full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.
  • Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1 7/16”).
  • The background of the photo must be white.
  • Your name and date of birth must be written on the back of your photo.
  • Note: Photographs that are not clear or are low-quality will not be accepted.
  • Include the name of the person in the file name, for example, “John Smith passport photo.jpg”.

Also, remember to have a duplicate ECA sent to OINP if you have not done this already (once you have your OINP file number).
I think it's a good idea to mention that you will withdraw your SINP application as soon as you are nominated by Ontario.

As for other things to take care of before submitting, note that the photo requirements in the instructions are not consistent with what's on the OINP webpage when you get in the application - the instructions do not say that you need to scan the front and back of the picture. So if you were going to submit a digital photo, you now need to get a physical photo (preferably a passport photo) taken. The requirements are:

Photograph
Provide a copy of the front and back of a photograph of yourself that meets the following requirements:
  • Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), 300dpi or 413 pixels x 531 pixels or greater, showing full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.
  • Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1 7/16”).
  • The background of the photo must be white.
  • Your name and date of birth must be written on the back of your photo.
  • Note: Photographs that are not clear or are low-quality will not be accepted.
  • Include the name of the person in the file name, for example, “John Smith passport photo.jpg”.

Also, remember to have a duplicate ECA sent to OINP if you have not done this already (once you have your OINP file number).
@trumprefugee Hi, I have submitted my application under OINP HCS. I want to request a duplicate report from WES now. I logged in to my WES Account from there I went to request a duplicate report for immigration and there I choose Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT as a recipient. I cant find a place to add my file number. Can you please assist where am i supposed to add my file number. Also, can you please confirm if I am following a right procedure or do I have to wait until Ontario requests a duplicate report. Please help

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
Guys,

Hi, you have to land in canada within 12 months of having done your Medicals after receiving PR. It's advisable that After having landed there you should apply for PR card which generally takes 2-3 months to get delivered at the address you will provide them. After taking your PR card you can come back to your home country and stay as long as it's necessary
because to maintain your PR status In canada you have to stay in the country 2 years out of 5 years, however the stay may not be continuous.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Cowboy122

thiagomgd

Jul 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Quick question about IELTS:
I have done IELTS in Feb. 2016 (valid until feb. 2018), and another one in September 2017. But I asked for a review of the last one because of the speaking test. Can I use the most recent one, although is in review, or should I use the old, but still valid, test?