+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Anura@06

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
So, we still have nominations left. This is a good news for all OINP applicants waiting for nominations.
Hi Bill, the nominations are opened for international students which means the 988 quota for this year will be filled with this category and the candidates who got NOI under HCP will have to wait for the fresh NOIs in next year? Am I correct?

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill, the nominations are opened for international students which means the 988 quota for this year will be filled with this category and the candidates who got NOI under HCP will have to wait for the fresh NOIs in next year? Am I correct?
Yes, in case OINP announce quotas are ended. I am expecting a fresh processing times page update containing new information regarding Nomination left. I guess it will be updated in few days.

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Hi Bill, So the nominations are valid for 6 months and if OINP finish there 988 quota with Phd / Masters students, then when we think they will open for 2018? Because of they open beyond 6 months of those letters, those nomination letters will already be expired...

Thanks Bill.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill, So the nominations are valid for 6 months and if OINP finish there 988 quota with Phd / Masters students, then when we think they will open for 2018? Because of they open beyond 6 months of those letters, those nomination letters will already be expired...
Usually, they nominate prior year applicants in January and then re-open in March onwards. However, there is no exact time.

chandru_veera

Oct 14, 2016
October 12, 2017

Please note that the Masters Graduate Stream has reached its registration intake limit. No additional registrations for this stream can be accepted.

The OINP is monitoring the intake of applications with respect to the limits of Ontario’s federal nomination allocation, and will determine if any more applications can be accepted for this stream.

Please monitor this OINP Updates page for news, announcements and program developments.

JingleBells

Oct 3, 2017
So, we still have nominations left. This is a good news for all OINP applicants waiting for nominations.
Hi Bill, thanks for all your inputs, really appreciate.

It's clear now that they had nominations quota left all this time yet they held up issuance of nominations to all those waiting since mid - September.
They opened masters stream today and within an hour or so closed it again.
It seems that they want to use their left over quota for other streams and not HCP, even though many applicants are waiting at DIP stage.

Do you think they have enough quota left to accommodate all HCP applicants - waiting and new registrations they are taking under other streams?

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello everyone,
In my point of view, OINP has already made its calculation. I don't think there will be any opening for HCP applications this year.
They still have 594 remaining nomination to give, and that's the average they go with every month.
The remaining nomination will include International Masters Graduate, International PhD Graduate streams they opened today, and all remaining HCP applications which are still in Decision in Progress stage either with or without a Procedure fairness request.

In my opinion a decision will be made for all HCP applications in DIP before November, 11.
Best Regards

Reactions: JingleBells