+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

tr4

Jul 16, 2016
I have a doubt regarding ON PNP, I received yesterday.
I am not sure how many years of experience I should put for foreign work experience (Or rather how much would it be calculated by IRCC) . Here is my history outside Canada (All with the same NOC A xxxx code, All full time )
Job 1 : July 11, 2012 till April 10, 2014 : 20 months 29 days
Job 2 : April 11, 2014 till March 13, 2015 : 11 months 2 days
Job 3 : April 13, 2015 till July 22, 2016: 15 months 9 days

My question is
1. Will all above experience be calculated for EE/ON PNP ? Or Job2 (because it is 11 months) wont be calculated for determining points/calculating experience ?

-
(I see I got 25 points in transferability skills but I am not sure if that's with or without Job 2)

- Without Job2, going by actual dates, I have 36 months and 8 days (3 years + ) , while going by months it is 20+15 : 35 months (excluding the days)

Any idea how should CIC calculates the duration ?

2. I have been sent an NOI by Ontario, but it mentions gaps not allowed. I am not sure if the gap between Job 2 and Job 3 is considered a gap.
Will my total experience for which I would be given points be (Job1 + job2 + job3 ) which is about 47 months ? (I believe it doesn't fall under any category , 11 months max )

Note: Your continuous full-time or part-time work experience may consist of multiple back-to-back jobs with the same or different employer(s) (with no gap in between) provided that at least one year of your work experience was in the same NOC occupation and you included this occupation as your primary NOC in your Express Entry profile.

MAMASTAR

Jan 16, 2016
Strange. I just got Ontario nomination of interest in my Cic account.

I have been in the pool since may 4 with a score of 396.NOC 2171.

Was waiting for my husbands ielts result to increase the score.

I checked their website and it still says 400.this is a miracle.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Yes, I agree that the number of people in the pool increased considerably, especially because CIC took so long to make a new draw. Nevertheless, I wrote that comment considering @Mjkab's situation, whose CRS is 425. After yesterday's draw, the number of people in the EE pool with a CRS in the range of 420-450 points should be around 3,000 (since the cut-off was 449, I'm assuming there was no one in the pool with a higher CRS). Our friend @Mjkab has 425 points, so I believe he's got a good chance of getting a direct ITA.

Concerning your "real" question, although the NOI is valid for six months, it is not a guarantee that everyone who got one will have the chance to apply and be nominated. When Ontario's quota of 6,000 nominations is finished, we can no longer apply. For this reason (and because my CRS is 411), I have all my documents organized and ready to be uploaded to the e-filing portal, while constantly checking for the number of nominations issued.
Yeah, i just read that a little more than half of quota is already filled for human capital stream. Is there a site to check that status? That would help folks a lot.

Kewlguy

Jun 21, 2017
Strange. I just got Ontario nomination of interest in my Cic account.

I have been in the pool since may 4 with a score of 396.NOC 2171.

Was waiting for my husbands ielts result to increase the score.

I checked their website and it still says 400.this is a miracle.
Same here. My score is 395 and I got Ontario nomination of interest today. I am pretty new to Canada immigration. Do you know the chances of getting this approved? NOC 0213

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
As a heads up for folks in USA who are confident of getting an ITA, current FBI processing time for PCC has increased from 8-10 weeks to 10-12 weeks. This is excluding time for mail delivery. Please plan ahead.