+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
Wandering Mind said:
I've a strong feeling that OINP is based on the province's requirement for certain professions.

It is definitely not a random invitation to anybody above 400 who recreates a profile.

I've spoken to several people who have received OINP and all of them are either in IT or medicine. Others over 400 who've recreated their profiles but are in professions such as education or journalism haven't received OINP.
Makes sense. agree to the point that they are selecting according to specific NOC and not everyone with CRS 400 and above.

jo0503

Aug 27, 2016
surya12 said:
Has anyone who applied for OINP after 5th march in hcp stream received nomination already?

What i noticed that no one has posyed abput receiving nomination after april 28. Is it true?

I am waiting at DIP stage since April 12.

What is the normal processing time to get the Province Nomination certificate from Ontario ?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jo0503 said:
What is the normal processing time to get the Province Nomination certificate from Ontario ?
It seems around 2 months

Onayimi

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
I beg to differ pls. I filled in 2 NOCs and none of them is IT related, yet I received OINP. My first experience which is more than 3 years is on NOC 1221 while the other one is on NOC 4423.
However, I agree that they must have certain criteria but I can't figure out what they are.

Wandering Mind said:
I've a strong feeling that OINP is based on the province's requirement for certain professions.

It is definitely not a random invitation to anybody above 400 who recreates a profile.

I've spoken to several people who have received OINP and all of them are either in IT or medicine. Others over 400 who've recreated their profiles but are in professions such as education or journalism haven't received OINP.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Onayimi said:
I beg to differ pls. I filled in 2 NOCs and none of them is IT related, yet I received OINP. My first experience which is more than 3 years is on NOC 1221 while the other one is on NOC 4423.
However, I agree that they must have certain criteria but I can't figure out what they are.
The criteria is the one who recreate when they say. There is no IT rule or other NOC.

surya12

Mar 13, 2017
Is there a pause on sending out the approvals / nomination. Not heard of anyone getting nomination under HCP after 28th April (some one from Master's PHD got on 1st may
but no one after that)?

I have applied more than 2 months ago and still waiting for approval. have they slowed down?

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
surya12 said:
Is there a pause on sending out the approvals / nomination. Not heard of anyone getting nomination under HCP after 28th April (some one from Master's PHD got on 1st may
but no one after that)?

I have applied more than 2 months ago and still waiting for approval. have they slowed down?
No idea, since when are you on DIP stage?

surya12

Mar 13, 2017
my timeline as below

Application sent: March 5th
Assessment: Mar 26th
DIP: Apr 13
Waiting for Approval / nomination since then.

bsolor

Apr 24, 2017
Has anyone received a NOI since they issue the update? I have 405 since 3 weeks ago and nothing has happened.

knian520

Feb 27, 2017
Hi,
My OINP application status changed from Decision in Progress to Awaiting Information.

What does it mean?

I have not received any e-mail requiring information.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience. I mentioned the IT and medical fields as an example. The real point is that Ontario is very vague about their criteria for selection and I strongly feel that they only select certain occupations (based on the province's needs and requirements) and not just about everyone who recreates a profile.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
The criteria is the one who recreate when they say. There is no IT rule or other NOC.
I have a strong suspicion that the NOIs are sent only to those professions required by Ontario and not just anybody who recreates the profile.

I know some people who recreate their profiles every time there is an update on the OINP site. But they haven't received an NOI from Ontario so far.