+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
You should write an email as required by OINP, and explain them in the same way you did here. Just add references to your file such as refer IELTS results and website link (as mentioned above) and so on for others as well.

I guess the problem is with your education that may have caused a misunderstanding. This is a common mistake I have seen in OINP when you have more than 2 degrees/diplomas. If considering your highest qualification being a Bachelor Degree it gives you 21 points, however, adding one more diploma gives you 22 points making the score 67/100.

You need to emphasise this point and referring it to ECA report and CRS Score calculated automatically in the express entry. So, just explain all point again, refer them to your documents, attach ECA/IELTS again, and tell them that this seems to be a misunderstanding.

I hope this will help. Good Luck
Good day BillHyatt,
I truly thank you for the clarifications,
I have just checked my application online. Under 'Education history' section I have checked 'Bachelor's degree (three or more years)'. I believe this is the issue as I should have checked 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees' instead, which I believe is the equivalent of 22 points.

Please I have three more questions if you don't mind.
1- based on their email I have sent you, How could you tell that the issue was with the 67 points score and not other factors?
2-In my reply, would the following be enough to convince the officer:
* Attachment of the same reference letter I have sent them in July, 11 to prove work experience, including the CIC website link to claim points
* Attachment of IELTS results with CIC website link to claim points for the first language
* Attachment of TEF results with CIC website link to claim points for the second language
* Attachment of WES report with a clear explanation to claim the 22 points, as this could have been the issue, including the CIC website link to claim education points.
* Attachment of my birth certificate to prove that I have 39 years, including the CIC website link to claim 8 points of age.

Lastly, in your point of view how long it would take them to make a decision, and what are the chances of a positive on ?
Thank you BillHyatt for your help and assistance.
Best Regards,

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
Hello mcassim87,
I saw that you also have received a Procedural Fairness Request.
What they asked for ?
I have already talked to BillHyatt. In my case it was 67 points. I will have to write them and sent them every prove to convince them that I have at least 67 points.
Best Regards,

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
Hello mcassim87,
I saw that you also have received a Procedural Fairness Request.
What they asked for ?
I have already talked to BillHyatt. In my case it was 67 points. I will have to write them and sent them every prove to convince them that I have at least 67 points.
Best Regards,
my procedural fairness request is apparently for settlement of funds.

i am a single applicant
for POF i showed two sources:

1) my own bank account statement ,which is equivalent to $11,030.33 CAD
2) rest of the $1270 CAD were shown from my pension/investment account ( seems they did not accept it so sent me this)

The documentation provided on your pension fund investment from UBL Fund Managers could not be accepted as settlement funds as no documents have been provided by your financial institution indicating that the funds are readily accessible.

Please provide confirmation from your financial institution that the funds
contained in your investment accounts can be immediately liquidated and at what
value; and that they are free of debt or financial liability.

Any additional information and documentation to support that your application
meets program criteria.

I reckon, i would need Letter from my pension account advisor, explaining what OINP has asked for.

Last edited:

Raj_Bangalore

Feb 20, 2017
You should write an email as required by OINP, and explain them in the same way you did here. Just add references to your file such as refer IELTS results and website link (as mentioned above) and so on for others as well.

I guess the problem is with your education that may have caused a misunderstanding. This is a common mistake I have seen in OINP when you have more than 2 degrees/diplomas. If considering your highest qualification being a Bachelor Degree it gives you 21 points, however, adding one more diploma gives you 22 points making the score 67/100.

You need to emphasise this point and referring it to ECA report and CRS Score calculated automatically in the express entry. So, just explain all point again, refer them to your documents, attach ECA/IELTS again, and tell them that this seems to be a misunderstanding.

Hi Bill,
How is the maximum number of 6 years of experience counted in a block of 10 years for the 67-point factor? When does a block of 10 years start and end? I am asking this because my 6 years of skilled experience is split since I was in Canada for 3 years where I couldn't get a skilled job in the O, A, or B category. The skilled experience gained is in India which has a gap of 3 years because of the time spent in Canada. Will this be a problem while calculating the 67 points? I need the maximum points for experience, which is 6 years to meet the 67-point mark.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Bill,
How is the maximum number of 6 years of experience counted in a block of 10 years for the 67-point factor? When does a block of 10 years start and end? I am asking this because my 6 years of skilled experience is split since I was in Canada for 3 years where I couldn't get a skilled job in the O, A, or B category. The skilled experience gained is in India which has a gap of 3 years because of the time spent in Canada. Will this be a problem while calculating the 67 points? I need the maximum points for experience, which is 6 years to meet the 67-point mark.
10 Years period is from the date of application back to 10 Years in past. For example application on 30/9/2017 means, any period between 30/9/2007 to 30/9/2017 can be counted as work experience. Any experience before that period will not be counted. In addition, note experience needs to be continuous for at least 1 Year or according to the requirement of province and Federal.

I hope this will help.

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017
I have just checked my application online. Under 'Education history' section I have checked 'Bachelor's degree (three or more years)'. I believe this is the issue as I should have checked 'Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees' instead, which I believe is the equivalent of 22 points.

1- based on their email I have sent you, How could you tell that the issue was with the 67 points score and not other factors?
* Attachment of the same reference letter I have sent them in July, 11 to prove work experience, including the CIC website link to claim points
* Attachment of IELTS results with CIC website link to claim points for the first language
* Attachment of TEF results with CIC website link to claim points for the second language
* Attachment of WES report with a clear explanation to claim the 22 points, as this could have been the issue, including the CIC website link to claim education points.
* Attachment of my birth certificate to prove that I have 39 years, including the CIC website link to claim 8 points of age.

Lastly, in your point of view how long it would take them to make a decision, and what are the chances of a positive on ?

erridja100

Jul 13, 2017

Hello BillHyatt,

ANAMAZING

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Completed 82 days today. Till now no ADR or PFL. Not sure what are they thinking and what I should be prepared for :/

Raj_Bangalore

Feb 20, 2017
10 Years period is from the date of application back to 10 Years in past. For example application on 30/9/2017 means, any period between 30/9/2007 to 30/9/2017 can be counted as work experience. Any experience before that period will not be counted. In addition, note experience needs to be continuous for at least 1 Year or according to the requirement of province and Federal.

I hope this will help.
Thanks Bill. When you say date of application, do you mean the day the NOI from Ontario was issued or the day the Express Entry profile was created? To meet the 67-point eligibility will 6 years be counted from the day the EE profile was created? For Ontario I have more than one year of continuous full-time skilled experience.