+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hi,

What if my marital status changes after i submitted my application through Ontario e-filing, i.e,
1, Before i receive ITA from Ontario or,
2, After i receive ITA & during the PR processing.
can i able to change it? how long does it take and what is the best method to proceed it the change happens in Marital status?

Thanks in advance.
Below paragraph is taken from OINP guide. Its a self explanatory process. Report it ASAP if your application is already in process.

5.4 Changes in Personal Information
The OINP must be notified if there are any changes to the information provided in your application, including (but not limited to):
 Change in contact information
 Change in immigration status (expiration or change in temporary work permit)
 Change in family composition due to:
o Marriage or common-law relationship
o Birth of a child
o Change of custody of a child
o Divorce/separation
o Death
Changes to your primary telephone number, email address and country of residence can be made online by logging into the OINP e-Filing Portal and clicking on “My Profile” on your main page. After the change has been made, click “Save”.
For all other changes, you must complete the Change of Personal Information form.
This form must also be used to a request a correction of a data entry error (i.e. spelling mistake) in your name or your date of birth made while registering. Note: The program will not accept requests for complete name or date of birth changes.
Once the form is completed, you must send it by email as an attachment to ontarionominee@ontario.ca indicating in the subject line “Application Change Notice – [File number]”. If you are requesting a correction to your name or date of birth, please also include the personal details page of your passport to validate your request.
Failure to notify the OINP of any changes to personal information will impact the outcome of OINP and IRCC applications

Reactions: iamxty

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi,

What if my marital status changes after i submitted my application through Ontario e-filing, i.e,
1, Before i receive ITA from Ontario or,
- you mean before nomination? You have to inform OINP.

2, After i receive ITA & during the PR processing.

Post-ITA and pre-eAPR: you do not have to do it anything. Update your eAPR details as married, indicate if accompanying spouse of non-accompanying, update POF too. If accompanying, you may have your spouse's ECA or IELTS to boost your score. You'll also need to provide your spouse's PCC, medical exam. Your CRS will be re-calculated and your application processed accordingly as married.

Post-eAPR: inform CIC on the change of family composition. You will receive the document checklist to submit.

can i able to change it? how long does it take and what is the best method to proceed it the change happens in Marital status?
For OINP, usually 1-2 weeks. For CIC, 4-6 weeks, case to case basis and depends on the status of your application.

Thanks in advance.
Please see my reply above.

Reactions: Anjanirai

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
i have same ur scenario
So do I. :( I keep kicking myself because I actually had my documents ready last Monday night and thought it would be fine to register the next day, and then they closed! Now we just have to wait for HCP to reopen.

ksp1989

Star Member
Oct 19, 2014
Hi!
I had received a Notification of Interest from Ontario on 29th June 2017. However, I got busy in collecting the docs and all and now I realized that they have put an hold on registration for OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream.

Since it's mentioned that the NOI stands valid for 6 months. Does this mean that if they start accepting registrations before 6 months or before my NOI gets invalid, then I can apply as soon as the registration opens or do I have to wait for another NOI from Ontario immigration authorities?

Thank you in advance.
As soon as they open up the registration you can apply with the NOI you received as it is valid for 6 months which they will. In worst case scenario if it gets opened after your NOI expiration then I believe you can withdraw the current profile and create a new profile and get a NOI from them again.

hps1981

Apr 22, 2011
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-Aug-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I just got nominated by OINP. I want to thank all for contributing to this forum. This forum has been very helpful during my OINP process. Here is my timeline.

NOI Received - 29/June
Submitted - 5/July
Assessment - 18/July
DIP - 19/July
Nominated - 04/Aug

To all IQAS / ECA people, my duplicate ECA request was delivered to IQAS on 6/july and they dispatched the report to OINP on 31/July. I believe OINP was waiting for my duplicate ECA from IQAS. I hope this information will be useful.

Thanks !!

allly081

Jan 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
I just got nominated by OINP. I want to thank all for contributing to this forum. This forum has been very helpful during my OINP process. Here is my timeline.

NOI Received - 29/June
Submitted - 5/July
Assessment - 18/July
DIP - 19/July
Nominated - 04/Aug

To all IQAS / ECA people, my duplicate ECA request was delivered to IQAS on 6/july and they dispatched the report to OINP on 31/July. I believe OINP was waiting for my duplicate ECA from IQAS. I hope this information will be useful.

Thanks !!
Hi Can you clarify for me. I had my ECA done from WES from 2014. I believe the process has now changed where I need to make my report available to OINP. Can you explain if I will need to make a request from WES that a copy be sent directly to Oinp?

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017

NOI Received - 29/June
Submitted - 5/July
Assessment - 18/July
DIP - 19/July
Nominated - 04/Aug

Thanks !!
Congrats and thanks for sharing ur time line.

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
Hi Can you clarify for me. I had my ECA done from WES from 2014. I believe the process has now changed where I need to make my report available to OINP. Can you explain if I will need to make a request from WES that a copy be sent directly to Oinp?
Yes. U need to order a copy to oinp.
And pay the processing fees.

omojoeky

Jul 9, 2017
So do I. :( I keep kicking myself because I actually had my documents ready last Monday night and thought it would be fine to register the next day, and then they closed! Now we just have to wait for HCP to reopen.
same here too. unbelieveable how I let it slip too in the name of trying to gather my documents. im so sad

Reactions: trumprefugee

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018

NOI Received - 29/June
Submitted - 5/July
Assessment - 18/July
DIP - 19/July
Nominated - 04/Aug

Thanks !!
Congrats!