+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
But in the application guide, there was a clear instruction to tag passport as e.g 'John Smith Passport photo' when uploading. I did that and I did not write my name at the back of the photo.
Now..I'm not sure if I did the right thing.
I did the same thing you did because I assumed writing the name at the back of the photo is only applicable when you send a hard copy. For a digital copy, it makes sense just to name the jpeg with our own name.

I think we'll be fine. Good luck.

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
But in the application guide, there was a clear instruction to tag passport as e.g 'John Smith Passport photo' when uploading. I did that and I did not write my name at the back of the photo.
Now..I'm not sure if I did the right thing.
Usually you send two pictures one with Front and one with back with written details as mentioned in OINP Supporting Tab guide. When you click help it will tell which pictures are required.

You can wait for them to ask for this otherwise you may not be required.

Reactions: LagosNG

preneur

Jun 9, 2017
I only sent passport photo with my name.jpg. I got nominated yesterday

I did the same thing you did because I assumed writing the name at the back of the photo is only applicable when you send a hard copy. For a digital copy, it makes sense just to name the jpeg with our own name.

I think we'll be fine. Good luck.

bamdad

May 24, 2017
Guys you just have to relax. Mine is DIP since 25th of May and I submitted my application on 17th of May and my NOC is 2171. As you see my case is much worse than you guys. We just have to wait but I know "anxiously" :(

P.S.
I have never been asked to provide any additional document...

preneur

Jun 9, 2017
Hi guys! Got Nominated yesterday. My timeline below;

NOC 1311 and 1228

OINP Submitted - 2 June, 2017
Assessment - 7 June 2017
awaiting information - 8 June 2017 (WES duplicate report)
Decision in Progress - 9 June 2017
Ontario PNP Nomination - 19 June 2017
ITA - 21 June 2017 (In view) ;);)

Stay positive pals.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Guys you just have to relax. Mine is DIP since 25th of May and I submitted my application on 17th of May and my NOC is 2171. As you see my case is much worse than you guys. We just have to wait but I know "anxiously" :(

P.S.
I have never been asked to provide any additional document...
I'm relaxed and not anxious at all :) There's no point in fretting about things not in my control.

Immigration is a long process and I don't see the point in worrying about every small status update.

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hi guys! Got Nominated yesterday. My timeline below;

NOC 1311 and 1228

OINP Submitted - 2 June, 2017
Assessment - 7 June 2017
awaiting information - 8 June 2017 (WES duplicate report)
Decision in Progress - 9 June 2017
Ontario PNP Nomination - 19 June 2017
ITA - 21 June 2017 (In view) ;);)

Stay positive pals.
Thank you for sharing your timeline and congratulations once again.

Reactions: preneur

bamdad

May 24, 2017
I'm relaxed and not anxious at all :) There's no point in fretting about things not in my control.

Immigration is a long process and I don't see the point in worrying about every small status update.
Good for you, but I have a bad experience on such course of actions, In fact 3 years ago I got rejected as a F1 Visa applicant (USA) while I had done everything on my side perfectly and my case was pretty strong. That event changed my life significantly and I really don't want to experience that once again. However I can't do anything but wait and hope for the best. Good luck to all of us...

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Good for you, but I have a bad experience on such course of actions, In fact 3 years ago I got rejected as a F1 Visa applicant (USA) while I had done everything on my side perfectly and my case was pretty strong. That event changed my life significantly and I really don't want to experience that once again. However I can't do anything but wait and hope for the best. Good luck to all of us...
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hopefully Canada will be kinder to you than USA was.

All the best for your future.

Reactions: bamdad