+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP Nomination Certificate and Open Work Permit

Jozzef

Sep 4, 2014
Hello.
I would really appreciate your assistance in pointing me in the right direction:
Since I received the Ontario PNP nomination certificate recently and am currently in Canada on PGWP, is it possible to apply for an open work permit based on ON PNP nomination certificate and a letter of support from Ontario Ministry of Immigration before submitting an application for permanent residency (as it is stated in Ontario-Canada agreement - Ontario Initiative for Phd And Masters nominees to obtain the open Work Permit) or I should submit a PR application before applying for an open work permit?
Thankful in advance,
Miroslav

MP89

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2014
Doc's Request.
31-03-2015 (Schedule A)
Nomination.....
02-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-01-2015
Med's Request
27-01-2015
Med's Done....
14-02-2015
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2015
Jozzef said:
Hello.
I would really appreciate your assistance in pointing me in the right direction:
Since I received the Ontario PNP nomination certificate recently and am currently in Canada on PGWP, is it possible to apply for an open work permit based on ON PNP nomination certificate and a letter of support from Ontario Ministry of Immigration before submitting an application for permanent residency (as it is stated in Ontario-Canada agreement - Ontario Initiative for Phd And Masters nominees to obtain the open Work Permit) or I should submit a PR application before applying for an open work permit?
Thankful in advance,
Miroslav
You can submit both application at a time. I would prefer if you have many days left on your work permit please apply when you have 30 days left to expiry. And if you have more days please wait for AOR in order to get the open work permit guaranteed.

mahmoud21

Jan 26, 2015
Dear posters,

With the recent change in authority at the Ontario PNP level- not issuing support letters anymore as of June 20, 2015- does anyone have an idea of whether it is a bad idea to apply for the work permit extension without said support letter?

I am expecting my nomination shortly and if successful, I would need to apply for a work permit as my PGWP expired a long time ago (I am on visitor status currently).

I don't understand the reason for the change in regulation, but as a nominee under the Master's graduate stream, I don't see a reason why CIC would not issue me a work permit.