+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP French Speaking Stream

TheVil

Jun 21, 2019
Hello,
I have following situation and would appreciate ideas, opinions, predictions :) (??)
CRS: 452
TEF above 7 CLB in all categories (I got results uploaded only 4 days ago)
IELTS at 9 CLB. Currently as main language.
I qualify for Ontario NOI for all requirements, but only recently due to recent TEF
I will drop -10 points by October due to age​

CRS scores in latest EE draws are rather high and I am not sure how fast/ if they will do down.
Latest OINP draw for FSSW was in 22 May. Draws don't seem to be happening at a predictable pace
I am retaking IELTS in 2 weeks, and that might, only might, give me 6 more points, hence it may give me 458

As far as I see, these are my options
1 - I could change to French as main language and hence be visible for OINP - FSSW in the next draw of OINP. Then go through the PNP process (1500 CAD, and about 2 months if I am lucky) - then ITA - then PR Application
2 - I could wait (and hope) till EE CRS drops enough - then ITA - then PR Application. I cannot wait too long for this.

I would like to know opinions on which strategy seems to be fastest
Thanks

Last edited:

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hello,
I have following situation and would appreciate ideas, opinions, predictions :) (??)
I qualify for Ontario NOI for all requirements, but only recently due to recent TEF

CRS scores in latest EE draws are rather high and I am not sure how fast/ if they will do down.
Latest OINP draw for FSSW was in 22 May. Draws don't seem to be happening at a predictable pace
I am retaking IELTS in 2 weeks, and that might, only might, give me 6 more points, hence it may give me 458

1 - I could change to French as main language and hence be visible for OINP - FSSW in the next draw of OINP. Then go through the PNP process (1500 CAD, and about 2 months if I am lucky) - then ITA - then PR Application
2 - I could wait (and hope) till EE CRS drops enough - then ITA - then PR Application. I cannot wait too long for this.

Thanks
I would go with the option to improve your chances for a direct ITA. Since you are ok with writing IELTS again - 458 should definitely be good for an ITA in the next few draws.
Unfortunately Ontario appears to have stopped the almost weekly FSSW draws. Even if swap your languages right now, its not clear when you'd get an NOI.
You have options...and that's great.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Thanks
You were most likely invited in the normal FSW PNP stream. It seems that they still have the same approach (if French is not setup as your first language - for score purposes; they will ignore you). So you will need to show that you have 400+ points the whole time and then level of your French will not matter much.

Reactions: TheVil

TheVil

Jun 21, 2019
I would go with the option to improve your chances for a direct ITA. Since you are ok with writing IELTS again - 458 should definitely be good for an ITA in the next few draws.
Unfortunately Ontario appears to have stopped the almost weekly FSSW draws. Even if swap your languages right now, its not clear when you'd get an NOI.
You have options...and that's great.
Many thanks! Really helpful. Yes, indeed if feels good to have options. Amazing what "few" months of French Study can do, uhh. I will stick to main EE approach with a bit of waiting and hopefully improved IELTS.
Cheers!

TheVil

Jun 21, 2019
You were most likely invited in the normal FSW PNP stream. It seems that they still have the same approach (if French is not setup as your first language - for score purposes; they will ignore you). So you will need to show that you have 400+ points the whole time and then level of your French will not matter much.
Thanks!

MTharwat94

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Many thanks! Really helpful. Yes, indeed if feels good to have options. Amazing what "few" months of French Study can do, uhh. I will stick to main EE approach with a bit of waiting and hopefully improved IELTS.
Cheers!
Can you tell me for how long you studied French to reach CLB 7 ? also you started from scratch or what & how did you prepare for TEF ?

AymenD

Jun 13, 2019
Hi guys I hope you are doing well, Did someone get the final nomination under the French Stream (invitation 22/05) , I am in DIP since 2 working weeks.
My Current Timeline:
NOI Received: May 22, 2019
Application Submitted: May 30, 2019
Assessment: June 06, 2019
Decision in Progress: June 13, 2019
Approval: Awaiting

Thanks guys, wish you a good luck ;)

Last edited:

yigitsk

Apr 23, 2019
Hi guys I hope you are doing well, Did someone get the final nomination under the French Stream (invitation 22/05) , I am in DIP since 2 working weeks.
My Current Timeline:
Application Submitted: May 30, 2019
Assessment: June 06, 2019
Decision in Progress: June 13, 2019
Approval: Awaiting

Thanks guys, wish you a good luck ;)
We just applied last week:

Application Submitted: June 04, 2019
Assessment: Awaiting

May 29, 2019
Hi regarding Ontario nomination province when is the next draw I am n the Express entry and would like to know when is their next draw pls

slash32324

Jul 9, 2019
Hello guys.

I am interested in applying through the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream but I have a couple of doubts that I would like to clarify before creating an account in Express Entry.

1) I have a diploma in architecture but I have worked several years as a french teacher. Would I be eligible in this case? I mean with an architecture degree but with experience in another field quite different from that one of my diploma.

2) The last 18 months I have been working as an architect for the same company, but this company has two different names legally registered. I worked the first 11 months for the architecture division (Name 1 registered) and the rest for the project management division (Name 2 registered). My position and duties have not changed, so at the end it has been the same employee and the same duties during 18 months, but with different names. So, this experience could it be enough to demonstrate that minimal of year of experience?

I'm waiting my TCF/IELTS results but I would like to have this points clear before creating a profile because depending of that I would/wouldn't be able to demonstrate my experience.

Thanks.

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hello guys.

I am interested in applying through the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream but I have a couple of doubts that I would like to clarify before creating an account in Express Entry.

1) I have a diploma in architecture but I have worked several years as a french teacher. Would I be eligible in this case? I mean with an architecture degree but with experience in another field quite different from that one of my diploma.

2) The last 18 months I have been working as an architect for the same company, but this company has two different names legally registered. I worked the first 11 months for the architecture division (Name 1 registered) and the rest for the project management division (Name 2 registered). My position and duties have not changed, so at the end it has been the same employee and the same duties during 18 months, but with different names. So, this experience could it be enough to demonstrate that minimal of year of experience?

I'm waiting my TCF/IELTS results but I would like to have this points clear before creating a profile because depending of that I would/wouldn't be able to demonstrate my experience.

Thanks.
1. No problem at all. What matters is your job, the duties you performed, which make your NOC Code. What you studied is quite irrelevant.

2. Perhaps two letters describing the different duties, which probably means two seperate NOC codes. Then an accompanying letter to explain the relationship between the companies and to clear up any doubts.
You should pay attention though; the work referral letter is quite important.

Best wishes!

DanBhanu69

Dec 19, 2018
Hello guys.

Thanks.
1. No problem at all. What matters is your job, the duties you performed, which make your NOC Code. What you studied is quite irrelevant.

2. Perhaps two letters describing the different duties, which probably means two seperate NOC codes. Then an accompanying letter to explain the relationship between the companies and to clear up any doubts.

Best wishes!

slash32324

Jul 9, 2019

Best wishes!
Hey! Thanks!! So, right now I just have to till I have my results!!