+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP- Express Entry

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
I am just starting to look at the Ontario PNP for Express Entry (Opportunities Ontario: Human Capital Priorities), correct me if I am wrong here but seems like the program basically require you to qualify for the CEC or FSWP first ... and then hopefully you get picked by OOPNP?

The only difference between going through Ontario PNP than just straight up Express Entry is that it lets you by pass getting the Job offer with LMA ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusedapplicant said:
I am just starting to look at the Ontario PNP for Express Entry (Opportunities Ontario: Human Capital Priorities), correct me if I am wrong here but seems like the program basically require you to qualify for the CEC or FSWP first ... and then hopefully you get picked by OOPNP?

The only difference between going through Ontario PNP than just straight up Express Entry is that it lets you by pass getting the Job offer with LMA ?
Yes. It is an alternative way of securing 600 additional points so that you are guaranteed an ITA at the next draw if your CRS score isn't enough to get you a 'regular' ITA in the draws.

OOPNP though has eligibility criteria including profile creation on or after 1st June, at least 400 CRS score, at least a Canadian Bachelors or equivalent ECA and selecting 'Ontario' or 'All provinces and territories' in your EE profile.

If all the above criteria are met, they might send you an invitation (PT) following which you have 45 days to reject or accept the same and send required documentation. After receiving that, they will process 80% profiles within 90 days and if you're accepted, they send you a nomination (PN) which you have the option of accepting or rejecting in 60 days. If you accept that, 600 points get added to your CRS score and you're on your way to an ITA.

All the best!

confusedapplicant

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Thank you for the response!

Sounds like through this new Ontario program you need to "hang around" in the pool twice: 1. To get selected by Ontario PNP, and once that's approved and accepted, 2. to get selected by the Federal immigration side.

Additional questions:
1. Would people who have applied through Ontario PNP (regular stream) be eligible to "reapply" through the Express Entry?

2. I have questions on completing the points calculation: www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-points-calculation-help-t312728.0.html - if you can spare some insights into the questions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
confusedapplicant said:
Thank you for the response!

Sounds like through this new Ontario program you need to "hang around" in the pool twice: 1. To get selected by Ontario PNP, and once that's approved and accepted, 2. to get selected by the Federal immigration side.

Additional questions:
1. Would people who have applied through Ontario PNP (regular stream) be eligible to "reapply" through the Express Entry?

You will continue to be in the pool and be eligible for a 'regular' ITA or any other provincial nomination until you accept Ontario PN.

2. I have questions on completing the points calculation: www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-points-calculation-help-t312728.0.html - if you can spare some insights into the questions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Will try and answer those questions in that thread to the best of my knowledge.

Thank you

interisto

Apr 20, 2015
I have a question for Asivad. Looks like u r the guy to ask. My lawyers created profile for me 2 months ago but my stupid IELTS points ruin everything. I got right now 402. And lawyers...well lets kindly say, they do not do anything, they are just waiting for my contract to expire. And I got an idea that 402 WILL NOT be enough for Express Entry. I have retaken IELTS 4 times already but I'm ALWAYS ALWAYS 0.5 short to get CLB 9 in every ability. I am not gonna do it again. So my question is can I apply for OOPNP? Do I need to recreate my CIC account in order for me to receive PT since they send it only to those registered after June 1st? Will it help? Do i need to kick my lawyers butts to do it because I DO NOT HAVE an access to my CIC account, they created it for me and didn't give me access since they are my reps. your answer is highly appreciated. Cheers!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
interisto said:
I have a question for Asivad. Looks like u r the guy to ask. My lawyers created profile for me 2 months ago but my stupid IELTS points ruin everything. I got right now 402. And lawyers...well lets kindly say, they do not do anything, they are just waiting for my contract to expire. And I got an idea that 402 WILL NOT be enough for Express Entry. I have retaken IELTS 4 times already but I'm ALWAYS ALWAYS 0.5 short to get CLB 9 in every ability. I am not gonna do it again. So my question is can I apply for OOPNP? Do I need to recreate my CIC account in order for me to receive PT since they send it only to those registered after June 1st? Will it help? Do i need to kick my lawyers butts to do it because I DO NOT HAVE an access to my CIC account, they created it for me and didn't give me access since they are my reps. your answer is highly appreciated. Cheers!
Have you tried revaluation for any of your IELTS attempts? If you're 0.5 short on Writing/Speaking in one of those attempts, there is a good chance that might go up and your CRS score along with it.

At 402, you're certainly eligible for OOPNP provided you have at least a Canadian Bachelors or an ECA indicating the same. If that is the case, you should definitely consider recreating the profile over the weekend (wait to see if there is a draw this weekend before recreating your profile, I don't expect CRS cutoff to fall to 402 but why risk that) so that you're eligible for OOPNP. OOPNP is a bit far gone into their process already - members have started receiving acknowledgments to their submitted applications - but there can be no harm in trying to get your profile in the OOPNP consideration set even at this point in time. Unfortunately, being eligible and showing interest (by recreating the profile on or after 1st June and selecting 'Ontario' or 'All provinces and territories') is the max you can do in terms of applying for OOPNP. Selecting you by sending you an invitation (PT) is entirely their call.

You can create an EE profile entirely on your own without your lawyers' assistance as well. It's a fairly simple task and there is a complete thread with step-by-step instructions to do the same. Maybe you can try creating a profile yourselves and after you've successfully done that, you ask your lawyers to withdraw the old profile - keeping more than one active profile for the same PA is redundant and possible grounds of misrepresentation.

As for kicking your lawyers, entirely your judgment but (with some of them at least) you'll have a hard time figuring out which end is the butt. ;)

All the best!

interisto

Apr 20, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Have you tried revaluation for any of your IELTS attempts? If you're 0.5 short on Writing/Speaking in one of those attempts, there is a good chance that might go up and your CRS score along with it.

At 402, you're certainly eligible for OOPNP provided you have at least a Canadian Bachelors or an ECA indicating the same. If that is the case, you should definitely consider recreating the profile over the weekend (wait to see if there is a draw this weekend before recreating your profile, I don't expect CRS cutoff to fall to 402 but why risk that) so that you're eligible for OOPNP. OOPNP is a bit far gone into their process already - members have started receiving acknowledgments to their submitted applications - but there can be no harm in trying to get your profile in the OOPNP consideration set even at this point in time. Unfortunately, being eligible and showing interest (by recreating the profile on or after 1st June and selecting 'Ontario' or 'All provinces and territories') is the max you can do in terms of applying for OOPNP. Selecting you by sending you an invitation (PT) is entirely their call.

You can create an EE profile entirely on your own without your lawyers' assistance as well. It's a fairly simple task and there is a complete thread with step-by-step instructions to do the same. Maybe you can try creating a profile yourselves and after you've successfully done that, you ask your lawyers to withdraw the old profile - keeping more than one active profile for the same PA is redundant and possible grounds of misrepresentation.

As for kicking your lawyers, entirely your judgment but (with some of them at least) you'll have a hard time figuring out which end is the butt. ;)

All the best!
Thanks for the answer man! About revaluation...its very funny because I was 0.5 short second time for writing I took and I didn't realize by then that I can order revaluation. After that it was speaking part 7.5 that I cannot reevaluate. I hope u don't mind answering another question. Do I need Canadian Bachelor to qualify? I received Bachelor here in my country and MBA from USA and I approved them both through WES already. Got the reports last year. Is that good enough or I need Canadian education? Another thing is creating a profile is not a problem for me, I just wonder if they gonna have any problems with that. If I ask them to recreate my profile wouldn't that be enough? Or if I create a completely new one myself there is a better chance? Big ups to you man.

PS I hate these guys so much, you have no idea. They always say "lets wait and see". I have paid them over 2000 already and didn't get anything back, but there is no time to whine about it, need to make it work myself.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
interisto said:
Thanks for the answer man! About revaluation...its very funny because I was 0.5 short second time for writing I took and I didn't realize by then that I can order revaluation. After that it was speaking part 7.5 that I cannot reevaluate. I hope u don't mind answering another question. Do I need Canadian Bachelor to qualify? I received Bachelor here in my country and MBA from USA and I approved them both through WES already. Got the reports last year. Is that good enough or I need Canadian education? Another thing is creating a profile is not a problem for me, I just wonder if they gonna have any problems with that. If I ask them to recreate my profile wouldn't that be enough? Or if I create a completely new one myself there is a better chance? Big ups to you man.

PS I hate these guys so much, you have no idea. They always say "lets wait and see". I have paid them over 2000 already and didn't get anything back, but there is no time to whine about it, need to make it work myself.
Your ECA will work just fine.

Creating the profile yourself or getting them to do it is completely your choice - no difference either way. But you won't be eligible for OOPNP without doing that so you might want to get it done asap.

All the best!

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Your ECA will work just fine.

Creating the profile yourself or getting them to do it is completely your choice - no difference either way. But you won't be eligible for OOPNP without doing that so you might want to get it done asap.

All the best!
Hi,

I am facing similar issues with my Lawyer.

I have already received PT notification of interest from OOPNP but have not accepted yet. I want to withdraw my profile and create it myself. Does that means that I will be losing the OOPNP interest or can I link my old profile to my new one and retain the PT interest.

Can you please advice?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
Hi,

I have already received PT notification of interest from OOPNP but have not accepted yet. I want to withdraw my profile and create it myself. Does that means that I will be losing the OOPNP interest or can I link my old profile to my new one and retain the PT interest.

Can you please advice?
Hi,

It is not possible to link your profiles and retain the PT.
Since you already received PT once, it is quite possible that you will receive a new one with your new profile.
Good luck!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPR_EE said:
Hi,

Can you please advice?
Do not attempt to withdraw your profile now because the PT is linked to your profile and you'll lose it if you deactivate your profile. If you're keen on OOPNP, go ahead and send in your application asap.

All the best!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
CanadaPR_EE said:
Hi,

Can you please advice?
You already have PT, why do you want to withdraw the profile? If you don't want to use your lawyer anymore, just change your answer to NO in the representative screen and change the e-mail address to your own for that profile and the notifications.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
OOPNP though has eligibility criteria including profile creation on or after 1st June, at least 400 CRS score, at least a Canadian Bachelors or equivalent ECA and selecting 'Ontario' or 'All provinces and territories' in your EE profile.
Hi Asivad Anac. I need a help with regards to ECA. I have 2 year diploma from Canadian college and a Bachelor's degree from back home country. I don't have ECA for Bachelor's defree. Under the level of education I have selected "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.".
Since the Canadian degree is only of 2 academic years, do you think my profile is eligible for OOPNP. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.

P.S I had created a profile before June 1, I have re created profile again 3 days back but haven't received PT yet.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
bellaluna said:
You already have PT, why do you want to withdraw the profile? If you don't want to use your lawyer anymore, just change your answer to NO in the representative screen and change the e-mail address to your own for that profile and the notifications.
As my lawyer has created my profile. I don't have access to my profile. Is there any way to transfer the profile to myself.

CanadaPR_EE

Jun 25, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Do not attempt to withdraw your profile now because the PT is linked to your profile and you'll lose it if you deactivate your profile. If you're keen on OOPNP, go ahead and send in your application asap.

All the best!
MY CRS is 433 and I am re-applying for IELTS again for CLB 9. Is it better to wait for the next draw to see the trend or OOPNP is a better option. I am giving it a second thought as I have to pay 1500 CAD with no guaranteed nomination and even I have to pay again to my lawyers.