farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys

I have a query regarding ties to Ontario. My cousin just landed in Toronto 2 weeks back on immigration visa. He doesn't have a PR yet. He has rented an apartment in Mississauga and is living there and will get his PR in a month or so. Shall I quote him in my intent to reside in Ontario? Or shall I go with 'No Ties'? Any help is appreciated.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
farazh89 said:
Hi Guys

I have a query regarding ties to Ontario. My cousin just landed in Toronto 2 weeks back on immigration visa. He doesn't have a PR yet. He has rented an apartment in Mississauga and is living there and will get his PR in a month or so. Shall I quote him in my intent to reside in Ontario? Or shall I go with 'No Ties'? Any help is appreciated.
That is definitely a tie. You should mention it.

Other provinces even allow you to mention close friends not to talk of cousins (first cousin I assume)

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply One_topsy. Yes he is my first cousin. I am hesitant to include that in my profile as he has just landed. Ties are to show that how easily one can adjust to life in Ontario right? Can OINP take this in a negative way that he has just landed? And what should I show as proof? He doesn't have a PR yet.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
farazh89 said:
Thanks for the reply One_topsy. Yes he is my first cousin. I am hesitant to include that in my profile as he has just landed. Ties are to show that how easily one can adjust to life in Ontario right? Can OINP take this in a negative way that he has just landed? And what should I show as proof? He doesn't have a PR yet.
Well, OINP won't really take it in a negative way, but if your cousin is newly established in Canada, it's not a very strong tie to Ontario to begin with, as opposed to someone who's resided or worked in Ontario for a few years already. If you want, you can try to apply with his PR visa and lease agreement, if he will agree to give those to you.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply Bellaluna. Some ties are better than no ties I guess. Will attach his docs in the application and hope for the best :)

zoria

Nov 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm in a fix. If anyone can help, will be grateful. I received letter of interest from Ontario on the 25th of Sep. I have all my docs ready but I realised late that I cannot submit cheques, my fault. Now I only have few more days left. My bank doesn't issue international banker's draft. I am in the UK. Can I extend the deadline or use any other method of payment? Has anyone used Western Union. Where can I get money orders done?

Thanks
Zoria

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
zoria said:
Hi everyone,

I'm in a fix. If anyone can help, will be grateful. I received letter of interest from Ontario on the 25th of Sep. I have all my docs ready but I realised late that I cannot submit cheques, my fault. Now I only have few more days left. My bank doesn't issue international banker's draft. I am in the UK. Can I extend the deadline or use any other method of payment? Has anyone used Western Union. Where can I get money orders done?

Thanks
Zoria
You can't extend the deadline. Are you sure there is no bank in the UK that will issue a draft in CAD?

I asked the question on another post and someone suggested FDD by Western Union - try and find out if that's possible, and hurry!

Tarun401

Star Member
Aug 16, 2015
United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
You can't extend the deadline. Are you sure there is no bank in the UK that will issue a draft in CAD?

I asked the question on another post and someone suggested FDD by Western Union - try and find out if that's possible, and hurry!
I got my bank draft from India, So I assume there will be banks in UK who could provide bank draft in CAD.

Else go for FDD from western union as suggested above. Good Luck.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarun401 said:
I got my bank draft from India, So I assume there will be banks in UK who could provide bank draft in CAD.

I'm form Belarus , and several banks refused to issue a dank draft.
Could please specify what is "FDD from western union" and how can I use it to send money to Ontario ?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Skvach said:
I'm form Belarus , and several banks refused to issue a dank draft.
Could please specify what is "FDD from western union" and how can I use it to send money to Ontario ?
FDD is Foreign Demand Draft. If the bank does Western Union, they should be able to do it for you.

I'm yet to confirm this myself in my country.

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Tarun401 said:

Hey Tarun401, may I know from which bank you got your bank draft made? Does ICICI issue this? And what did your bank charge for 1500 CAD?

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Yes ICICI does it the fastes (overnight if submitted before 12:30 PM) and they charge INR 200 + tax. Their conversion rate is also quite decent, about INR 1.5 above market rate.

Just take a PAN card and go there. The form filling will take roughly ten min.

zoria

Nov 2, 2015
I need to be the account holder to get a draft done. I have asked my sister to order one but it'll take 24 hrs plus 1 extra day for her to post to me. Very tight. I am planning to send the application now. And the bank draft 1 day later. Worst case they will send the application back. Can I apply again if they return it?

lpera

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
zoria said:
I need to be the account holder to get a draft done. I have asked my sister to order one but it'll take 24 hrs plus 1 extra day for her to post to me. Very tight. I am planning to send the application now. And the bank draft 1 day later. Worst case they will send the application back. Can I apply again if they return it?
I had the same problem. No bank nor Western Union in Brazil would do it for me. I chased every single bank where I live and found only one but they only could do it in American Dollars. At the end I was able to find a friend in Canada that issued the bank draft to me.

Be careful about sending 2 packages. When I called them in Ontario asking for it they told me that they could only accept 1 package with the documents and the draft, that they would refuse my application if the documents did not have the draft together.