+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry - Received PT Notification of Interest from Ontario

Raghuraj

May 19, 2016
Hello Friends,

How much time it takes to get a call from Ontario if your CRS is above 400. Do you suggest to land in Toronto for Teachers and Do you think Toronto is the right place to get a break in the Canada. I heard Toronto is very competitive in terms of getting a job. If not Toronto could you suggest the place where we can settle down initially with minimum budget once we get good job then we always move on.

Thanks in advance.

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
Raghuraj said:
Hello Friends,

How much time it takes to get a call from Ontario if your CRS is above 400. Do you suggest to land in Toronto for Teachers and Do you think Toronto is the right place to get a break in the Canada. I heard Toronto is very competitive in terms of getting a job. If not Toronto could you suggest the place where we can settle down initially with minimum budget once we get good job then we always move on.

Thanks in advance.
Hi! There is no definite time frame to receive nomination from Ontario - I received it in 3 days after I created my EE profile (which I had to later withdraw after receiving ITA). I have seen other people waiting for nomination for 3 to 4 months with scores over 400. It completely depends on your overall educational qualification and your relevant NOC plus a host of other reasons, which is not dependant only on overall score.
In terms of getting jobs as a Teacher, this link may help: http://www.prepareforcanada.com/career-pathways/teaching/teaching-employment/requirements-to-work-as-a-teacher-in-canada/
Toronto is one of the most popular destinations and is considered to be the most multicultural, so I guess it will be competitive. Below is a better thread for settlement related questions:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/settlement-issues-b14.0/

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Raghuraj said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks in advance.
artray said:
Hi! There is no definite time frame to receive nomination from Ontario - I received it in 3 days after I created my EE profile (which I had to later withdraw after receiving ITA). I have seen other people waiting for nomination for 3 to 4 months with scores over 400. It completely depends on your overall educational qualification and your relevant NOC plus a host of other reasons, which is not dependant only on overall score.
In terms of getting jobs as a Teacher, this link may help: http://www.prepareforcanada.com/career-pathways/teaching/teaching-employment/requirements-to-work-as-a-teacher-in-canada/
Toronto is one of the most popular destinations and is considered to be the most multicultural, so I guess it will be competitive. Below is a better thread for settlement related questions:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/settlement-issues-b14.0/
OINP has placed a temporary pause for certain high-demand streams. It will most likely not resume sending PTs (for Human Priorities Capital Stream) until November, 2016. However, French Skilled Worker applications are still being accepted.

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Raghuraj said:
Hello Friends,

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I am also a teacher. In order to work as a teacher in Ontario, you need to be registered with the Ontario College of Teachers. This process took me 8 months and about $1000. To gain full registration, they required me to take 2 additional courses at a cost of $1500, even though I have 2 post graduate diplomas in Education from universities in the UK. As I have been working as a teacher in the UK for 17 years, the courses were easy to pass, as I could link it all to my daily work, but it was still a pest to have to sit these, not to mention an additional expense to the already very expensive process of immigration!

The OCT website is very helpful, and the guidelines for registration quite clear, so that would be the place to start.

The other bad news is that teaching jobs are very difficult to come by in Ontario, and you seem to have to go in at Educational Assistant level. You need to pay more money to register with the Apply to Education website and, so far, all my applications for work have been ignored. It is heart breaking when I am being head hunted for jobs in the UK, and all I want is to be able to do the job I love and be near my family.

Raghuraj

May 19, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for the information,but do they charge the same amount CAD$1000 for every body or it depends on the applicant's qualification. Because, I have Bachelor of Education and MBA in Education management,So could u suggest how much will be the Charge for it and also the duration ? What are the bridging courses to be done to upgrade skills as a teacher? Is it possible to apply for Certification even before getting invitation from Canada? Pls do share related information which will help me to get the things done in advance.

I heard that Ontario is very competitive for teachers could you suggest me which other province would be better for us as job seeker.

Thanks in advance.

Arbaaz

Jun 5, 2016
Hi Guys,

Need some help and advice.

I have a diploma in Engineering of 3 years and a Bachelors of Engineering of 4 years.
I had my done my ECA from WES. WES has mentioned my Diploma Institute as 'Non-Recognized' though the credentials have been assessed.

In my Express Entry Profile, should I select the option as " Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" OR " Bachelor’s degree or other programs".

Also as I have applied for PNP, can I make this change to my profile after I receive nomination or should it be before it only.

Thanks for your replies.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raghuraj said:
Hi,

Thank you for the information,but do they charge the same amount CAD$1000 for every body or it depends on the applicant's qualification. Because, I have Bachelor of Education and MBA in Education management,So could u suggest how much will be the Charge for it and also the duration ? What are the bridging courses to be done to upgrade skills as a teacher? Is it possible to apply for Certification even before getting invitation from Canada? Pls do share related information which will help me to get the things done in advance.

I heard that Ontario is very competitive for teachers could you suggest me which other province would be better for us as job seeker.

Thanks in advance.
Each province issues Teacher Certification on application. In Google just search by writing key words- teacher Certificate registration province name
Definitely you will be directed to a website where you can avail each information regarding registration, process, fee, eligibility etc.

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
Arbaaz said:
Hi Guys,

I have a diploma in Engineering of 3 years and a Bachelors of Engineering of 4 years.
I had my done my ECA from WES. WES has mentioned my Diploma Institute as 'Non-Recognized' though the credentials have been assessed.

In my Express Entry Profile, should I select the option as " Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" OR " Bachelor’s degree or other programs".

Also as I have applied for PNP, can I make this change to my profile after I receive nomination or should it be before it only.

Thanks for your replies.
If you have a four-year Bachelor's degree and WES has granted you a certificate saying that it is equivalent to the Bachelor's level in Canada and that your diploma is not recognised, then you need to select "Bachelor's degree..." Whatever changes you need to make to your profile, make it now - because if it adversely effects your points, you can get refused later even if you receive nomination, because they will ask you for your ECA - keep all information as up-to-date as possible in your EE profile. Hope this helps. Good luck!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Arbaaz said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.
Can you please paste your Canadian Summary given at the top of your WES report so that it can be confirmed which option to choose.

Raghuraj

May 19, 2016
Ya it seems Ontario has temporarily paused the nominations. Can anybody has any idea when it will be opened?

thanks friends

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raghuraj said:
Ya it seems Ontario has temporarily paused the nominations. Can anybody has any idea when it will be opened?

thanks friends
Not nomination, but PT interests have been stopped.

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
There have been negligible number of nominations in the past couple of months.
Though, negligible, but they will not stop nominations. It was not single person's decision that to send PT to the EE applicants having CRS higher than 400.

One thing, they have gone thr ough or going through all the applications before sending any AORs. Current ly AORS are being sent to CEC applicants whose Work Permits are on the verge of expiry. Afterwards, hope so within a couple of weeks, AORs/ nominations will be issued at good pace.

All the best everyone.

prashantduggal

Champion Member
May 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
30-08-2017
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-02-2017 (e-APR)
Med's Done....
09-03-2017 (Passed)
Passport Req..
04-09-2017
Raghuraj said:

thanks friends
Read below link for complete information:

www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPINTAKE.html#display