+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

saicom

Dec 28, 2015
Hello guys,

My score fell under 400 after I sent the full package of application incl. the check of CAD 1500 in Nov 2015, but I still have not received the the AOR.

The OINP guidelines read "If your score falls below 400 before you have been nominated, you must withdraw your nominee
application"

My question is the following: can I recover my CAD 1500 after withdrawing the application?
Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
saicom said:
Hello guys,

My score fell under 400 after I sent the full package of application incl. the check of CAD 1500 in Nov 2015, but I still have not received the the AOR.

The OINP guidelines read "If your score falls below 400 before you have been nominated, you must withdraw your nominee
application"

My question is the following: can I recover my CAD 1500 after withdrawing the application?
Thanks in advance.
If you withdraw your application before you get AOR, you get a full refund.

Did your points fall because of age?

saicom

Dec 28, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you withdraw your application before you get AOR, you get a full refund.

Did your points fall because of age?
Yes that was due to my age, birthday present :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
saicom said:
From what I hear, Ontario does not require you to withdraw your application if the points drop because of age (after you were sent PT, of course). I suppose you can send them an email asking for clarification before going forward with your decision of withdrawing your application.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
saicom said:
don't mess up.. keep the application as it is, they consider your age is "locked" once you receive PT.

this is the only exception for score falling <400

jamaru

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Guys whats AOR i know its Acknowledment of recepit but ya what does it mean?

like my Ontario Document Package was submittted on 7th of January 2016, and according to DHL someone signed for it so i know Ontario received it, but after that i heard nothing from them.

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
jamaru said:
Guys whats AOR i know its Acknowledment of recepit but ya what does it mean?
like my Ontario Document Package was submittted on 7th of January 2016, and according to DHL someone signed for it so i know Ontario received it, but after that i heard nothing from them.
In time, Ontario will send you an email including a letter of AOR and a receipt of the application fee.

usmibrahim

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Madinah KSA
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Though already shared in this forum, i feel it is eminent to highlight again that the ECA report should also be shared to OINP by the issuing authority.
This information is available in the "Ontario Immigration Nominee Program Updates", date January 11, 2016.
Ref: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys,

Please take a look at this post.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-ee-human-capital-priorities-stream-comprehensive-guide-t396543.0.html;msg4952833#msg4952833

Please report it to the moderator and ask them to make it sticky. Gets asked often.

RonitKapoor

Feb 4, 2016
I need some advice, I am currently working on an ICT Work Permit in Ontario. I had created the EE profile (CRS Score 448) and received the OINP Interest and currently in processing of the filling form. In the EE profile , it was showing eligible for both FSW and CEC at the time letter of interest was received.

* Date Started Working in Canada - 15/2/2015
* Letter of Interest received - 26/1/2016

The no. of months between the two dates is less than 12 months. It is known fact that you get eligible in CEC category in Express Entry profile in the 11 month , i.e. in my case I am became eligible on 1st January 2016 whereas I started working in mid February last year in Canada.

Can I still apply for OINP in CEC considering the application guide clearly says that you need to complete 12 months of work experience in Canada to be assessed under CEC category by province.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
RonitKapoor said:
I need some advice, I am currently working on an ICT Work Permit in Ontario. I had created the EE profile (CRS Score 448) and received the OINP Interest and currently in processing of the filling form. In the EE profile , it was showing eligible for both FSW and CEC at the time letter of interest was received.

The no. of months between the two dates is less than 12 months. It is known fact that you get eligible in CEC category in Express Entry profile in the 11 month , i.e. in my case I am became eligible on 1st January 2016 whereas I started working in mid February last year in Canada.

Can I still apply for OINP in CEC considering the application guide clearly says that you need to complete 12 months of work experience in Canada to be assessed under CEC category by province.
when have you received the PT letter?
wait until 16-17 Feb and submit your application in CEC class if you can

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
RonitKapoor said:

No, you do not meet the requirement 'If you choose to be assessed against the CEC criteria, OINP requires that you have a minimum of one year of cumulative and full-time employment (1,560 hours or more) or an equal amount in part-time paid work experience in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the past three years from the date of the PT notification of interest from OINP.'

EdBell

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
I haven't been selected for OINP although I have 448, so I want to withdraw my current profile. But I'm confused, reading several post people often say "delete profile", is it different than withdraw? How do you delete a submitted profile?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
EdBell said:
I haven't been selected for OINP although I have 448, so I want to withdraw my current profile. But I'm confused, reading several post people often say "delete profile", is it different than withdraw? How do you delete a submitted profile?
Once you withdraw your profile, it will no longer be in the pool. As per my understanding, both 'withdraw' and 'delete are the same. I would suggest to take a second opinion from someone who has recreated their profile, as I have no experience doing the same. There are quite a number of candidates who have done it twice and thrice and been successful in getting an invite.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
EdBell said:
Don't be confused.

Just withdraw your profile and create a new one. Once you are done, update your new EE profile number and your jobseeker code in jobbank. Your profile will be active within 24 hours.