+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
mars_m said:
I got PT recently for this but I'm skeptical if I can get a nomination even after I give all the documents and all that money?

For one thing,I need to prove my ties to Ontario and why I intend to go there. Truthfully, I have no ties & I'm applying from outside Canada. Even my Canadian relatives don't live in Ontario.

Is it still worth applying? Anybody here who has gone through the process with similar background as me ( zero ties )? The network for OPNP seems quite small at the moment. :(
mars u just have to draft a letter and say Why u like to setlle in Canada in good compact way. Explain your field of work and how u could be useful in future development to Canada. Write first paragraph Why u preferred Canada. than mention about your field that u have done research that your filed is fast growing in Canada. Thirdly clear your intentions of moving to Canada. This is all you need to do.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
mars_m said:
So you just declared you have zero ties and they still said OK? Wow.

Can I just drop you a message in the future if I got any questions on the application documents or is it best just to call Ontario immigration directly :)?
No prob. anyway u like and get faster answers from !! :)

chokak

Jun 16, 2015
Hello everyone,

Anyone applied in the beginning of July received AOR?
I saw someone applied on the 22nd of June received AOR on the 30th of July - that's a month and a week. I applied on the 10th of July (or something like that - at leas the courier service I used reported the package delivered) and never heard anything back since...

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Guys i got PT from ontario on 26th.

They have mentioned in the application that i need to provide certified educational documents. My documents are as follows;

1. What do they mean by certified true copies of educational documents ?
2. Do i have to send the educational documents from bachelor degree level or from grade 10 ?

I am an outside canada applicant with all education from outside canada.

guys, will really appreciate your quick reply :)

Thanks

mars_m

Aug 28, 2015
bestofluck said:
mars u just have to draft a letter and say Why u like to setlle in Canada in good compact way. Explain your field of work and how u could be useful in future development to Canada. Write first paragraph Why u preferred Canada. than mention about your field that u have done research that your filed is fast growing in Canada. Thirdly clear your intentions of moving to Canada. This is all you need to do.
Oh wow good tip. Thanks buddy!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
rafzy said:

They have mentioned in the application that i need to provide certified educational documents. My documents are as follows;

Notarized copies

2. Do i have to send the educational documents from bachelor degree level or from grade 10

Bachelor Degree

Have you got ECA done for your bachelor degree?

Thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
rafzy said:

2. Do i have to send the educational documents from bachelor degree level or from grade 10 ?

ceritfied is Notarised documents.
Thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
mars_m said:
Oh wow good tip. Thanks buddy!
Get it drafted by some expert. this is important document as this is the only document where yourself is reflected.

pagarwal

Jan 15, 2015
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Received PT on 26th with 451 points. Have the following queries:

1. What is the benefit of OOPNP apart from the 600 points? Once we land in Canada, does getting an OOPNP helps adding credibility to your profile from the employers perspective? Any other advantage at all?

2. How long does the process take? I've to submit my papers to OOPNP by the 10th of October. By when can I expect to get the 600 points? 60 or 90 days?
Timelines as I understand:
1. Ontario takes 60 -90 days to grant you 600 points
2. ITA: 1 to 2 weeks- depending on the draw date.
3. Process after ITA - 6 months.

So basically, you are adding 90 days to your process?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pagarwal said:
Hi Guys,

Received PT on 26th with 451 points. Have the following queries:

1. What is the benefit of OOPNP apart from the 600 points? Once we land in Canada, does getting an OOPNP helps adding credibility to your profile from the employers perspective? Any other advantage at all?

2. How long does the process take? I've to submit my papers to OOPNP by the 10th of October. By when can I expect to get the 600 points? 60 or 90 days?
Timelines as I understand:
1. Ontario takes 60 -90 days to grant you 600 points
2. ITA: 1 to 2 weeks- depending on the draw date.
3. Process after ITA - 6 months.

So basically, you are adding 90 days to your process?

Thanks
A PN program doesn't confer any advantages at all IF you can get a 'regular' ITA. At 451, you are on the fence - you might get an ITA in the next 3-4 months or not depending on a lot of factors beyond your control. This invitation doesn't guarantee an ITA either though but it gives you a fighting chance to get those 600 points which do guarantee an ITA.

Basically, you are adding 90 days to the process ASSUMING you would get an ITA with your score either ways. If you are unlikely to get an ITA at your score, this might be the only way to have a fighting chance towards an ITA in the near future.

Your call.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Guys,

I'm in big dielmma. In OOPNP application, they have asked us to write our ties to ontario and state our intentions in form of a letter/essay that we want to reside in Ontario if we get PR and we will now leave Ontario.

Has someone writen this letter/essay ... ?

If YES, can he/she please upload a sample of this letter/essay for other OOPNP applocants like me ?

Your co-operation in this regard will be highly praised and appreciated.

Thank you and regards,

Dagdoba

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
??????????????????
VISA ISSUED...
????????????????????????????????????
LANDED..........
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Hello Guys,

I need some help, it has been more than a week since I have sent the provincial nomination application after receiving the interest, as per the application guide I should receive an email indicating that they have received my application, but I haven`t received any update from them, so a bit clueless here on how long I shall simply wait.

If anyone has similar exp can they please share their views?
Also can anyone inform me what next steps I should take.

your answer will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dagdoba said:
Hello Guys,

I need some help, it has been more than a week since I have sent the provincial nomination application after receiving the interest, as per the application guide I should receive an email indicating that they have received my application, but I haven`t received any update from them, so a bit clueless here on how long I shall simply wait.

If anyone has similar exp can they please share their views?
Also can anyone inform me what next steps I should take.

your answer will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
There's a separate thread that deals with questions like these.. At the moment, they're sending AORs out to applications sent on July 2-July 8. For more information, you can look up the OINP spreadsheet (link in my signature).

cocomo

Aug 30, 2015
Hi all,

I recently made my EE profile and have just received OOPNP interest message. can someone guide me what the next steps are?

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
cocomo said:
Hi all,

I recently made my EE profile and have just received OOPNP interest message. can someone guide me what the next steps are?
Download the OINP application form. Start gathering all your documentation. Follow this forum thread ( http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oopnp-application-form-t302709.0.html ) if you have any questions.

Add you profile to this excel sheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wBVA84e9i-uW3SEFnrHPOECTagG4imkCUoc0SsTtukQ/edit?pli=1#gid=1449150989

Be patient and continue to help others in the mean while :)