+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
I don't see anything in the document. Pls show me.

Also, I understand that you may be rejected at the port of entry or revoked if you abuse the system in purpose. However, buddy, what I'm talking here is different. What if somebody wants to settle down in Alberta but can only find a job somewhere else in 6 months? Do you think Canadian government will prefer the person to live on unemployment benefit in Alberta other than working and paying tax somewhere else?

lightsinthemist said:
Uniwander

CIC has the right to revoke at any time based on this document which details the residency requirements.

Official CIC handbook for calculating residency requirements.With provincial nominees since they got a benefit with supposed quicker processing ( only god knows how fast it was ) and also reduced requirements such as not proving english proficiency (in some cases not all ) and not needing to demonstrate minimum bank balances unlike other streams...the field gets much murkier.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/manuals/enf/enf23-eng.pdf

Please refer to sections 7.1 through 7.9 for understanding the requirements. And yes it is entirely true Alberta is sending out those notices for breach of not residing in Alberta. Many others have also posted links previously ( Ell Bee posted one if I remember ...) about Alberta doing this.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AINP_00-03-2009, CIC_08-04-2010
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Be carefull here, individuals (or even different immigration officer) may have different interpretation. If one misses the interpretation from an officer who will handle his/her case, he/she might be in trouble. The following is posted here: http://vivconsulting.net/?paged=2

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) skilled worker immigration stream. Canada’s provinces have designed their respective PNP’s to meet their own needs. To qualify one has to meet the requirements of a participating province and settle there permanently (or until becoming a Canadian citizen which will happen if you apply for Canadian citizenship on the 4th year after becoming a permanent resident or 1095 days).

the

uniwander said:
They only say that you "intend to reside in the province that has nominated them"

where can you find that " also later in the future when PR renewal or Citizenship applications" CIC will use that as a judging clause? Just show me the words.

Also I don't understand why you need to stay in Alberta for 2 years other than 1.5 years or 3 years.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
Being employed or not for an individual is of no difference to Canadian government speaking about taxes. A vacant spot will be filled by other candidates, provided there are >1x of qualified candidates (that is true for most jobs, if not all), and the filled spot will be responsible for taxes anyway.

uniwander said:
I don't see anything in the document. Pls show me.

Also, I understand that you may be rejected at the port of entry or revoked if you abuse the system in purpose. However, buddy, what I'm talking here is different. What if somebody wants to settle down in Alberta but can only find a job somewhere else in 6 months? Do you think Canadian government will prefer the person to live on unemployment benefit in Alberta other than working and paying tax somewhere else?

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Based on your logic, if any positions can be filled by a Canadian citizen or PR, why would Canada want immigrants in the first place????? They want you to stay unemployed and collect benefits???

the said:
Being employed or not for an individual is of no difference to Canadian government speaking about taxes. A vacant spot will be filled by other candidates, provided there are >1x of qualified candidates (that is true for most jobs, if not all), and the filled spot will be responsible for taxes anyway.

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
Just show me the laws or you are interpreting things on your own:

"Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) skilled worker immigration stream. Canada's provinces have designed their respective PNP's to meet their own needs. To qualify one has to meet the requirements of a participating province and settle there permanently (or until becoming a Canadian citizen which will happen if you apply for Canadian citizenship on the 4th year after becoming a permanent resident or 1095 days). "

the said:
Be carefull here, individuals (or even different immigration officer) may have different interpretation. If one misses the interpretation from an officer who will handle his/her case, he/she might be in trouble. The following is posted here: http://vivconsulting.net/?paged=2

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) skilled worker immigration stream. Canada's provinces have designed their respective PNP's to meet their own needs. To qualify one has to meet the requirements of a participating province and settle there permanently (or until becoming a Canadian citizen which will happen if you apply for Canadian citizenship on the 4th year after becoming a permanent resident or 1095 days).

the

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
If you said if true, then the following is also true:

Federal skilled worker immigration category. Canada have designed FSW to meet its own needs. To qualify one has to meet the requirements of Canada and settle there permanently (or until becoming a Canadian citizen which will happen if you apply for Canadian citizenship on the 4th year after becoming a permanent resident or 1095 days).

So, based on your logic, if a FSW stays in Canada for 6 months, then stay in India for 6 months, then the person misses the interpretation from an office who will handle his/her case, he/she might be in trouble.

the said:

Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) skilled worker immigration stream. Canada's provinces have designed their respective PNP's to meet their own needs. To qualify one has to meet the requirements of a participating province and settle there permanently (or until becoming a Canadian citizen which will happen if you apply for Canadian citizenship on the 4th year after becoming a permanent resident or 1095 days).

the

lightsinthemist

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-15-2009
Doc's Request.
11-28-2009
Nomination.....
12-07-2009 CIC app 05-15-2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-16-2011
Uniwander

I just shared what the bulletin said with respect to PN class. Also multiple users have posted on this forum recently about their experiences.Feel free to google.

Whether one gets a job in a different province,whether one decides to stay unemployed in that province etc etc are individual cases and again juding will depend on the individual consular officer.You might be right that there is no official clause except for the intend to settle clause. But the recent events are giving some hints.

Each one of us makes different life choices .

uniwander said:
They only say that you "intend to reside in the province that has nominated them"

where can you find that " also later in the future when PR renewal or Citizenship applications" CIC will use that as a judging clause? Just show me the words.

Also I don't understand why you need to stay in Alberta for 2 years other than 1.5 years or 3 years.

the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/LA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
na
Nomination.....
29-11-2009
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
IELTS Request
na
File Transfer...
05-01-2011 to LA
Med's Request
24-07-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18 March, 2011
LANDED..........
18 July, 2011
1. Canadian government is not responsible for providing a job for every citizen and permanent resident. Acutally maintaning a certain unemployment rate is a good to our society, why, being more competetive means being more productive. Many immigrants eventually left Canada after many years of struggling.

2. I am not saying settling in another province will guarrentee that they will revoke PR status. I just posted the link from another website. I said "be carefull". I have seen posts that A44 report has been written at POE when a PN didn't provide clear intention to reside in the province. If some members can post stories that landed PR has been reported by nominated province, that will be very helpfull.

Anyway, the risk may be small but impact is huge.

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
The, I do agree with you that we all should be careful and we should try our best to settle in Alberta

and I also appreciate it if someone can share reals stories about risking losing PR because leaving a province as a provincial nominee

I am just saying planning to apply as a PN to settle in a province is just like planning to apply to Canada PR as a FSW or something else. Yes, if you intend to abuse the system or you later decide to leave the country, you eventually lose your PR. However, Canada immigration laws never say if you get your PR as PN you are not allowed to stay in other provinces before you get citizenship

the said:
1. Canadian government is not responsible for providing a job for every citizen and permanent resident. Acutally maintaning a certain unemployment rate is a good to our society, why, being more competetive means being more productive. Many immigrants eventually left Canada after many years of struggling.

2. I am not saying settling in another province will guarrentee that they will revoke PR status. I just posted the link from another website. I said "be carefull". I have seen posts that A44 report has been written at POE when a PN didn't provide clear intention to reside in the province. If some members can post stories that landed PR has been reported by nominated province, that will be very helpfull.

Anyway, the risk may be small but impact is huge.

uniwander

Star Member
Apr 5, 2010
I have read a lot and haven't really found any "reliable" cases as you talked about

All I have read is about "rumors" or something they have heard from their "friends", who again "heard" the story from someone else...

lightsinthemist said:
Uniwander

I just shared what the bulletin said with respect to PN class. Also multiple users have posted on this forum recently about their experiences.Feel free to google.

Whether one gets a job in a different province,whether one decides to stay unemployed in that province etc etc are individual cases and again juding will depend on the individual consular officer.You might be right that there is no official clause except for the intend to settle clause. But the recent events are giving some hints.

Each one of us makes different life choices .

yuvraj7

Star Member
Sep 23, 2010
uniwander said:
I have read a lot and haven't really found any "reliable" cases as you talked about

All I have read is about "rumors" or something they have heard from their "friends", who again "heard" the story from someone else...
yup ur right there is no such law like that ;D

JPRAVELO

Jan 28, 2009
Hello everyone,

Finally the wait is over, today I received an email requesting for passports.

My application is at Buffalo office and never was transfer to any other consulate. Thanks everyone for all the knowledge shared through this forum.

Ell.Bee

Jan 18, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb - 2009
Doc's Request.
Nov - 2009
Nomination.....
Dec - 2009 CIC App. Filed..: May 2010
AOR Received.
08-23-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-23-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
03-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-17-2011
LANDED..........
04-06-2011
JPRAVELO said:
Hello everyone,

My application is at Buffalo office and never was transfer to any other consulate. Thanks everyone for all the knowledge shared through this forum.
Congrats JPRAVELO!!

Finally the Buffalo is moving :)

Thanks,
L.B

Mods777

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
JPRAVELO,

Can you please share your timelines.

Thanks

JPRAVELO said:
Hello everyone,

JPRAVELO

Jan 28, 2009
Mods777 said:
JPRAVELO,

Can you please share your timelines.

Thanks
Below is my timeline

Application sent to Buffalo : March 3th, 2010
AOR / Medicals : June 10th, 2010
Medicals delivered : August 15th , 2010
Letter requesting final fee : Nov 10, 2010
Email requesting passports : Jan 21,2010