ONLY - Who submitted CIC-AINP(SRS-U.S. Visa Holder Category) application

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
GirlOntario said:
Great briefing Nix1!! One thing that really surprise me is that why she wondered that you are US citizen? I mean they had your Nepal Passport with Canadian PR Visa stamped on it then why did she ask about US citizenship?

Also I hope US immigration experience should not be easy as you already said. One thing I have ask; Let's say you are coming from Alberta after landing and Now you are Canadian PR and just in case, US officials don't let you enter, Will they deport you back to home country or you will be able to go back to Alberta as you are already Canadian PR holder. Please write.
Well, the custom lady had not seen my passport when she asked me that question. She was looking at my goods to follow list and I think there is no place to write the citizenship. I also had my kids US passports along with my passport in my hand and she may have seen the US passport and hence that question. I will write more on the US immigration soon. As far as deporting, I think they will let you go back to Canada as you are already Canadian PR. But I am not sure the rules.
Well this is relaxing. If that is the case that if US custom denies you to come in US after landing you can go to Canada as you are PR. Do you have stamped H1B or your like despo where in passport you have expired student/trainee visa and several 1-797 forms?

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Nix, your detailed description is much appreciated. You are awesome!
I believe this post will soon reflect on your blog :)

nix1 said:
Ok guys, I am back in the US after a week long vacation/landing to Alberta. We visited Lethbridge, Calgary, Banff, Red Deer and Edmonton. We fell in love with Banff and for a bigger city, we liked Edmonton than Calgary. One thing we were shocked to learn that Alberta ..............

..............have some cash too, she said, don't worry about it. Then we said, thank you and headed to Lethbridge.

When we came back after 5 days in Canada, the experience in the US border was not too pleasant. I will explain it on my next post.

kishankanhaiya

Jan 7, 2009
By travel document do you mean Advanced Parole?

nix1 said:
The address was from Alberta (Calgary), but my COPR document says I am going to be living in Lethbridge, AB. The US immigration experience will post soon. It is nothing to worry about though. It just took longer than I thought and as long as you have all the necessay documents, they will let you back into the country. I wanted to use AVR, but I ended up using travel document to get in as they saw it while flipping through my folder and forced me to use it.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
kishankanhaiya said:
Congratulations on your successful landing. Did you give the address in Alberta for your PR or some other state in Canada.

thanks for sharing the feedback. Looking forward to hearing your US Immigration experience.
The address was from Alberta (Calgary), but my COPR document says I am going to be living in Lethbridge, AB. The US immigration experience will post soon. It is nothing to worry about though. It just took longer than I thought and as long as you have all the necessay documents, they will let you back into the country. I wanted to use AVR, but I ended up using travel document to get in as they saw it while flipping through my folder and forced me to use it.
Wow I just saw your blog!! That's amazing! Passport request papers are there!! This really helps. Please post COPR and Stamped PR Visa as well (if you don't mind) and put white tape on your name and DOB type personal details. This will help to see sweet dreams that PR Visa is stamped in pasport and I am driving my Audi on highway between Calgary and Banff National Park. Alberta. The day I will receive my PPR, I don't think I will sleep for 72 hours instead of browsing about Alberta. Presently waiting for nomination:(

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nix thanx for sharing info about canadian side landing. As you said when you get a chance you will right your experience about US immigration side. In previous post i have mentioned about my situation regarding AVR but looks like you missed that post of mine. so i am posting it for you again.

Did anyone out there with similar situation like mine.

Came to US on F1 Visa. (Never left country US)
F1 Visa Expired in 2006 I-20 Expired in 2007 December.(never Left US)
F1 visa is stamped in Old Epired Passport. Got new passport with all blank pages.
H1 Approval Notice 797 valid till 09/2011. It was approved in 2008.(Never left US yet)
No H1b Visa Stamped in Passport yet(never left US )

Planing to use Automatic visa re-validation.

Who else is in the same boat out here.

Nix are you in the same situation like mine? if so could you please share what documents did you take along with you for AVR. i have prepared list which i will share here once i hear from you.

Thank you,
Despo

P.S. If i dont get my PR request by next week i am aplying for Visitor visa for Canada in NY consulate. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it advisible to contact NY consulate about situation before applying for Visitor visa and let them know that i have applied for Canadian Immigration already and they are the one who are processing it. :))

narsanna

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
Dear Ontarioo,

Sorry for the delay. I got new project in NJ. I am little bit busy.
Once i e-mail to buffalo to know my status. After 2 days they gave me a reply as we don't have your name in my database. so, they asked me that if your check was chased or not if cashed send me the copy of the check. So, thats why i faxed to buffalo.
There is no difference in process.

GirlOntario said:
Dear Narsana:

I have a small question for you. While some post says that AINP instructs nominees that NOT TO ENQUIRE TILL 20 WEEKS after they send application to CIC Buffalo, Why did you send fax? Had you passed the limits of 20 weeks? Any impact of that fax or enquiry? Will it makes a difference once you send enquiry? I think i had asked this question previously but this time reference is different. Please post. I mean will it be advisable for candidates to enquire CIC so they can send Medicals/AOR immediately?

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys and Girls,

I have posted my experience at the US port of entry on my blog. http://journeytoalberta.blogspot.com/

I am going to be adding a lot more documents like PR visa etc, but it will take sometime.

Despo, my post on the blog should cover your questions. If not, please let me know and I will be more than happy to answer them.

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
narsanna said:
Dear Ontarioo,

Sorry for the delay. I got new project in NJ. I am little bit busy.
Once i e-mail to buffalo to know my status. After 2 days they gave me a reply as we don't have your name in my database. so, they asked me that if your check was chased or not if cashed send me the copy of the check. So, thats why i faxed to buffalo.
There is no difference in process.

GirlOntario said:
Dear Narsana:

I have a small question for you. While some post says that AINP instructs nominees that NOT TO ENQUIRE TILL 20 WEEKS after they send application to CIC Buffalo, Why did you send fax? Had you passed the limits of 20 weeks? Any impact of that fax or enquiry? Will it makes a difference once you send enquiry? I think i had asked this question previously but this time reference is different. Please post. I mean will it be advisable for candidates to enquire CIC so they can send Medicals/AOR immediately?
Is that project in Jersey City in NJ with Citi? ...

GirlOntario

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix1 said:
Guys and Girls,

I have posted my experience at the US port of entry on my blog. http://journeytoalberta.blogspot.com/

I am going to be adding a lot more documents like PR visa etc, but it will take sometime.

Despo, my post on the blog should cover your questions. If not, please let me know and I will be more than happy to answer them.
Dear Nix1:

In terms of briefing, it is great. But It seems that US port officers need some more training for welcome skills.

despoimmigrant

Mar 31, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nix great story !! but it is scary for people who wants to USE AVR like me. I think we need to use proper border to cross country. People says Detroit is good place to cross border. they are very well aware of all the rules and USCIS office is just 2 blocks away from US canada border incase if they have doubt..........

now i am thinking what to do. lolzzzzzzz but thank you for sharing info it is very useful.

karl

Star Member
Oct 6, 2009
Hey Nix,
I read your latest post, it is very informative. However, please educate me a little bit here.
You mentioned that you had to use your 'AP' instead of 'AVR'. My understanding is one only gets AP when the i-485 for the GC process is approved. Does this 'AP' belong to your 'GC' process or am I just lacking some information here. Please clarify.... just trying to evaluate options for myself.

Also secondly, can some post links on the 'AVR' process. I did not even know that a process like AVR exists.

Much thanks,
Karl

nix1 said:
Guys and Girls,

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
karl said:
Hey Nix,
I read your latest post, it is very informative. However, please educate me a little bit here.
You mentioned that you had to use your 'AP' instead of 'AVR'. My understanding is one only gets AP when the i-485 for the GC process is approved. Does this 'AP' belong to your 'GC' process or am I just lacking some information here. Please clarify.... just trying to evaluate options for myself.

Also secondly, can some post links on the 'AVR' process. I did not even know that a process like AVR exists.

Much thanks,
Karl
Karl, I am on the very final stage of the US GC process. However, you do not have to have I-485 approved to be able to get AP and EAD. If I-485 gets approved, that means you already have the US greencard. My I-140 and I-485 were filled concurrently. When you get eligible to apply for I-485, you get to apply for AP and EAD. Because of that, I was able to get AP and EAD. I have had my I-140 approved when I was in Canada. I should hear about my I-485 anytime. I have detailed info on this, if you visit the trackitt link at the bottom of this post.

Here is the official link of AVR process: http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_1441.html. I had printed this and took with me, but as I said on my blog, I ended up using AP as they saw the AP.

nix1

Nov 16, 2008
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
nix great story !! but it is scary for people who wants to USE AVR like me. I think we need to use proper border to cross country. People says Detroit is good place to cross border. they are very well aware of all the rules and USCIS office is just 2 blocks away from US canada border incase if they have doubt..........

now i am thinking what to do. lolzzzzzzz but thank you for sharing info it is very useful.
As people have landed on in another provinces without any issues, you should land near Detroit and come back into the US using the same route, of course from the US side of the port of entry. OR you can land through one of the Alberta Port of Entries and when coming back into the US, use one of the most used routes like Detroit or Naigara Falls etc.

6SigmaMBB

Star Member
Mar 11, 2009
No..

In my mind, your pending immigration file must not affect your visitor visa application..The latter is just a source of revenue for any country and why would anyone not want to approve a tourist/Single entry visa? Btw, I am assuming you need to visit family/ friends (or for tourism) in Canada..just explain this in your application and you should be kosher!..

despoimmigrant said:
Thanx Six Sigma Master Black Belt !! i have also visited Canada 3 times so far on visitor visa and i know it is not that difficult to get it. But now i have Immigration file pending with final review at NY consulate(expecting Passport Request anytime ).

Did you had your Immigration file running same time when you applied for your visitor visa in 2006?

6SigmaMBB said:
I applied and got a canadian visitor visa in 2006 at D.C..No hassles at tht time..I had a letter from my employer (my visit was business related), visa fees and other supporting docs..showed up at the consulate at 10 and had my passport with visa by noon..

despoimmigrant said:
P.S. If i dont get my PR request by next week i am aplying for Visitor visa for Canada in NY consulate. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Tapak

Oct 13, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
despoimmigrant said:
Nix thanx for sharing info about canadian side landing. As you said when you get a chance you will right your experience about US immigration side. In previous post i have mentioned about my situation regarding AVR but looks like you missed that post of mine. so i am posting it for you again.

Did anyone out there with similar situation like mine.

Came to US on F1 Visa. (Never left country US)
F1 Visa Expired in 2006 I-20 Expired in 2007 December.(never Left US)
F1 visa is stamped in Old Epired Passport. Got new passport with all blank pages.
H1 Approval Notice 797 valid till 09/2011. It was approved in 2008.(Never left US yet)
No H1b Visa Stamped in Passport yet(never left US )

Planing to use Automatic visa re-validation.

Who else is in the same boat out here.

Nix are you in the same situation like mine? if so could you please share what documents did you take along with you for AVR. i have prepared list which i will share here once i hear from you.

Thank you,
Despo

P.S. If i dont get my PR request by next week i am aplying for Visitor visa for Canada in NY consulate. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it advisible to contact NY consulate about situation before applying for Visitor visa and let them know that i have applied for Canadian Immigration already and they are the one who are processing it. :))
I was able to visit Edmonton from 1 Nov until 12th and return back to USA on AVR. While I was in CANADA, I received PPR. I got my IM-1 visa stamped last saturday on my passport but they didn't cancel my Business Visitor visa that I got stamped on 29 Nov 2009.

Read the following post:http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/need-information-for-trv-at-cic-new-york-t28032.0.html