Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
Both my parents received passport request on April 12th, delivered both PP's to VFS Global on April 15th. We received my mother's passport back on May 7th with PG-1 Visa :)

Still pending medical of my father's Visa.

Is there a time period where we need her to come right away? Or can she sit on the Visa and come whenever she feels like it?

Last edited:

Sunflower98

Dec 14, 2016
A question for you @Bryanna. I applied for my mom's supervisa - she is in Canada but originally from JA. The application was approved and the passport requested, can I send the passport to a family member to drop it off at the VAC centre in JA or will my mother have to leave Canada and take the passport in?

nf01

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
File Transfer...
24-03-2016
Med's Done....
14-01-2016
Just got Medical request

Date of Application: April 16th

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Hi dear @Bryanna, can my parents bring stainless steel utensils for me? As they have supervisa. Someone told me that person who has visitor visa can not bring any utensils here for their children’s home even though they are gonna live in the same home. But, I would like to confirm with you if that’s true and if so does it apply to supervisa people as well? Thanks in advance

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hi dear @Bryanna, can my parents bring stainless steel utensils for me? As they have supervisa. Someone told me that person who has visitor visa can not bring any utensils here for their children’s home even though they are gonna live in the same home. But, I would like to confirm with you if that’s true and if so does it apply to supervisa people as well? Thanks in advance
i really see no reason why they cannot bring steel utensils for you as a gift.

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
i really see no reason why they cannot bring steel utensils for you as a gift.
True. I also thought the same thing but I heard from a person who told me that the immigration officer might think that they will stay here forever because they have utensils to cook.
I said it’s for me. Not for them. Because they are coming all the way from India and they want to bring lots of stuff for me to give me as a gift. And the stuff that I really need so I can use them. And the steel utensils are one of the things that I prefer to always bring from India even when I’m travelling because India produces the highest quality steel and the utensils made out of it. That’s the only reason to bring from there. Thanks for the reply.

Also, my mom wears some gold jewellery like bangles, rings, bracelet, chain, earrings etc. On a daily basis in India as a part of a tradition. So, does she have to declare it on a form whatever gold she is wearing? She won’t bring anything in the luggage or carry on because this is what she wears everyday and will do the same even when she is flying. So, does she need to mention in a form with it’s value or even at the final immigration in Canada ?
@Bryanna your expert input in both these queries will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
True. I also thought the same thing but I heard from a person who told me that the immigration officer might think that they will stay here forever because they have utensils to cook.
I said it’s for me. Not for them. Because they are coming all the way from India and they want to bring lots of stuff for me to give me as a gift. And the stuff that I really need so I can use them. And the steel utensils are one of the things that I prefer to always bring from India even when I’m travelling because India produces the highest quality steel and the utensils made out of it. That’s the only reason to bring from there. Thanks for the reply.

Also, my mom wears some gold jewellery like bangles, rings, bracelet, chain, earrings etc. On a daily basis in India as a part of a tradition. So, does she have to declare it on a form whatever gold she is wearing? She won’t bring anything in the luggage or carry on because this is what she wears everyday and will do the same even when she is flying. So, does she need to mention in a form with it’s value or even at the final immigration in Canada ?
@Bryanna your expert input in both these queries will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much
well if shes is coming here on a supervisa she is a longer term visitor, 1-2 years right? I think you should have no problems with them bringing you utensils as gifts. We have steel glasses as well that we use to drink out of.
my inlaws brought a pressure cooker from India for my brother in law last time they came.

Patel Patel

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
well if shes is coming here on a supervisa she is a longer term visitor, 1-2 years right? I think you should have no problems with them bringing you utensils as gifts. We have steel glasses as well that we use to drink out of.
my inlaws brought a pressure cooker from India for my brother in law last time they came.
Ok, thanks for the input. Yes, my parents have PG-1 supervisa but they will be visiting me only for the 6 weeks. Just for the 1 and half months.

imacharya82

Aug 6, 2015
Hello all senior members
I would like to get suggestion about my problem .i applied mom in law supervisa application i sent upfront medical as well as i sent email with medical sheet in my visa office email but now gc account is updated with no medical received now what will be the best option to upload medical sheet . Please give me suggestions its urgent please reply me as soon as possible i would be grateful to you .
Indra

Ravi1990

Apr 18, 2019
thanks everyone
Hello everyone,

I am new here,
I have very little knowledge about Canada immigration.I read people post to meet requirements for my parents visa.
Actually I have applied supervisa for my parents I need help for this.
I have applied online for this visa but we did not applied upfront medical.
Online account 28 march 2019
bio metric request 29 March 2019
Bio metric Updated 3 April 2019
Acknowledgment letter from Delhi 12 April 2019

Till date no other update. Actually I am waiting for their medical request.
Please any body tell me when will I get Medical request or for how much time I have to wait for it?
Another question Is medical request confirm your visa???

Thanks
Waiting for your kind suggestion and help
Thanks everyone and special thanks to @Bryanna I got PPR for my parents
Medical request 26 April
Medical passed 8 May
Passport request 9 May

Reactions: siju22

imacharya82

Aug 6, 2015
Hello all senior members @ bryanna
I would like to get suggestion about my problem .i applied mom in law supervisa application i sent upfront medical as well as i sent email with medical sheet in my visa office email but now gc account is updated with no medical received now what will be the best option to upload medical sheet . Please give me suggestions its urgent please reply me as soon as possible i would be grateful to you .
Do i send again to visa office or ircc webform or contact my panel physcian to sent it please do reply me
Indra

Kindness101

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
Canada
App. Filed.......
June 24,15
AOR Received.
Aug 28,15
File Transfer...
AIP - November 15, 2016
Med's Request
PCC request Jan 9th, 17
Med's Done....
June 24, 15 and December, 2017
Interview........
None
LANDED..........
April 9, 2018
So so so happy for you and your family.

All your hard work, your relentless efforts and your determination to reunite your grandmom with your family has worked. Her case was exceptional considering the odds. It will be such an emotional reunion of four generations.

The Universe conspired to make it possible. Truly a miracle :):)
Dear Bryanna

How are you? My grandmother arrived on Sunday and after much deliberation we decided to apply for refugee status as duel intent.

Can you help me to clarify, whether we need a lawyer to apply for her refugee status?

And which type of refugee will we be applying for? She is a Tibetan refugee. Though, she lived most of her adult life in India as a refugee and stateless, she will face persecution if shereturns to Tibet. She cannot apply forCitizenship in India.

Thank you for your kind help.