+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only 3,000 Candidates were in the pool during the First Draw !

sarmadnadeem

Jan 25, 2015
100 % agreed. Relying on such figures may be misleading.

Unlike Canadian system ,Australian Immigration guys release total number of applicant numbers as well after every draw. Hopefully Canadians are also going to release true figures regarding pool strength in future

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
Conor9900 said:
I wouldn't give it a second thought, the Star is not affiliated with CIC and is not a reliable source - there is no reason to assume CIC are sharing statistics with the paper that they aren't making available to the public via their own website so it's best to ignore the figures in the article
But don't you think that a reputed newspaper like Star would publish a story, quoting CIC without hearing from them? Like it doesn't make any sense to me.
I have studied journalism in Canada and 1 thing is for sure that you just cannot publish any story, quote a company/organization without verifying the facts.
I understand that these facts don't make sense to most of us but then way CIC works, doesn't makes sense either.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
theguneet said:
But don't you think that a reputed newspaper like Star would publish a story, quoting CIC without hearing from them? Like it doesn't make any sense to me.
I have studied journalism in Canada and 1 thing is for sure that you just cannot publish any story, quote a company/organization without verifying the facts.
I understand that these facts don't make sense to most of us but then way CIC works, doesn't makes sense either.
OK but have you read the article?
It looks like written by someone who has no idea about EE. I would say that there is 10 000 people in the pool and only 3000 with LMIA/LMOs.

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
MONKUCHA said:
OK but have you read the article?
It looks like written by someone who has no idea about EE. I would say that there is 10 000 people in the pool and only 3000 with LMIA/LMOs.
Most of the journalists are not immigration experts. You don't have to be an expert on a particular subject unless you are writing an op-ed.
Yes, there is an approach in journalism where you give a bird eye view to your story by bringing comments from all the stakeholders. Journalists are not supposed to give their own opinions or add their perspective into the story.
I feel the pain for you guys and just so you know I am no different, but that's what I think of the story from the other side of the table.
the best way to verify the facts is to write an email to the newspaper asking if the numbers are from CIC. and its okay to ask a newspaper.