+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Only 3,000 Candidates were in the pool during the First Draw !

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
mbakhan said:
Guys I just went through this news and surprised that only 3,000 people were present in the pool when first draw was held !!! So now probably you guys can make further calculations and guesses for the upcoming draws !!!

http://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2015/02/13/critics-call-for-fine-tuning-of-federal-skilled-immigration-program.html
This is really interesting.
It seems that they still want to stick to their plan of "filling gap" or putting canadian first. Remember, this is an election year and the incumbent government will do anything to please the voters. Thus I am not surpirsed by Minister's remark.
However, I believe that CRS scores will go down taking into account the volume of approved LMIA's and PNP.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
yes but only 26% of the applicants were successful. That's 1 in 4 people who had the 800+ were lucky leaving the others still in the pool.

10,000 applied so 30% of those had the LMIA or PNP because they got in.

Its going to take a while for the LMIA and PNP to get filtered out of the pool at that rate.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irishIan said:
yes but only 26% of the applicants were successful. That's 1 in 4 people who had the 800+ were lucky leaving the others still in the pool.

10,000 applied so 30% of those had the LMIA or PNP because they got in.

Its going to take a while for the LMIA and PNP to get filtered out of the pool at that rate.
Yes, but for sure all candidates with lower scores (400-600/540) have bright chances provided they keep the number of ITAs intact, i.e. their plan for inviting around 185,000 people minimum !

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
For sure. They might have to wait until April or May but i think the bottom score will be 400-500s even lower

Dimitris

Star Member
Jan 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
Doc's Request.
10-10-2016
Nomination.....
Pending
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
I dont think that the new program is gonna hold any much longer since the elections coming its gonna be few changes

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
I'd question the veracity of the figures in this article, where did they come from? I havent seen any such data from CIC. Also they say candidates remain in the pool for 6 months, when in fact it's a year, suggesting poor research

theguneet

Jan 2, 2015
Conor9900 said:
I'd question the veracity of the figures in this article, where did they come from? I havent seen any such data from CIC. Also they say candidates remain in the pool for 6 months, when in fact it's a year, suggesting poor research
I would say that the journalist would have done his/her homework before filing the story. May be they have contacted the CIC where CIC would have replied to them specifically.
I don't see any changes to this system this year. The general elections are on 19 Oct and I don't see anything which favors international workers untill next year.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
The SpreadSheet from FSW2014 had about 20% of total applicants.

If there were about 600 people on the EE Spreadsheet, that would be 20% of 3.000. So in a way it makes sense.

What is hard for me to understand it's why there were so few people with LMIA on the SS.

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theguneet said:
This is really interesting.
It seems that they still want to stick to their plan of "filling gap" or putting canadian first. Remember, this is an election year and the incumbent government will do anything to please the voters. Thus I am not surpirsed by Minister's remark.
However, I believe that CRS scores will go down taking into account the volume of approved LMIA's and PNP.
When are the elections due this year ? Month ?

A second draw, held February 7, also selected 779 candidates, with a passing score of 818. The successful candidates must respond to the invitation within 60 days. Failed candidates will remain in the pool for six months for future draws. Between 15 and 25 draws are planned for 2015.
(1) Number of draws suggests there'll be 2 draws per month

(2) They should have "expected" some of the ITAs to expire before people would apply. They should "also have thought" of the "possibility" that some of the people who got ITAs would not get a "positive" determination after they apply. Perhaps I'm over-thinking this process.

ferop456

Jan 14, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope this OCTOBER 2015

The Canadians throw this communist government out.

It's too long to wait for that though ...

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Even if its a new government...do you really think that it will matter? Policies are made in expensive restaurants or smokey back rooms by the elite donor class who spend money to protect their interests...

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
irishIan said:
Even if its a new government...do you really think that it will matter? Policies are made in expensive restaurants or smokey back rooms by the elite donor class who spend money to protect their interests...