+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Work Permit Application timeline for India?

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Hello,
I am from Bangalore-India.
I applied for my work permit through online application mode at CIC [http://www.cic.gc.ca/] on July 11 2017.
I received the email updates subsequently for few days, like application number, UCI number , No medical needed .. etc....
On july 24 i received one letter for an additional document in support of my application. I submitted the letter through my online account on 10th August.
since then my application is under process.
Now it's November. I did not yet received any update to deposit my passport for stamping.
I tried contacting embassy in Delhi and Bangalore. Did mails, telephonic contact, raised a query through online web mode, but always a auto acknowledgement will come that your query will be responded within 28 days if your application has not proceeded the minimum processing time. Else no correspondence will be made.
Till now no further correspondence received on my any email query. What i figure out, that I am under the minimum processing time or have exceeded.
What is their minimum processing time. I am not able to figure out. It shows 2-3 months. So accordingly i have waited. Online status of my application shows: "Final decision is being made on your application"
This status i am reading since August.
Any suggestion or any help from this platform...
Kindly do share. I shall highly be thankful for any information.
Priyanka
thanks for ur query
i would like to know which noc code u applied for??
have u applied personally ?
many people have not told that august 28th rules got changed for work permit..
it has affected me .
i dont know about your cases?
please share your email id !!!
i will send some link so that u can have some knowledge what is going on?
ur online status says : Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
to my knowledge u should have got intimation by now..
medical is must for 6+ months work permit holders.
let hope everything goes alright..
be positive.

Reactions: priyankacimap

priyankacimap

Nov 3, 2017
thanks for ur query
i would like to know which noc code u applied for??
have u applied personally ?
many people have not told that august 28th rules got changed for work permit..
it has affected me .
i dont know about your cases?
please share your email id !!!
i will send some link so that u can have some knowledge what is going on?
ur online status says : Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
to my knowledge u should have got intimation by now..
medical is must for 6+ months work permit holders.
let hope everything goes alright..
be positive.
@shaam
Thanks for your time.
I applied for the Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF)- work Permit.
I applied through online mode. Yea, personally only as directed by the university at CanandA
my email : priyankamishra62@gmail.com
yea its same: Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Please send the links which you mentioned.

gmxplode

Star Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am from India.

My lawyer from Canada has filed for my Work Permit on 02nd Sept, 2017 through Online post Positive LMIA.

I dont have an access to the login details to check the status of my application as my Lawyer has the common login details for all their clients.

Can anyone please let me know tentatively by when can I hear a positive reply from the CIC as I have my joining date at Work as 01st November.

@scylla and all senior members of the Forum your reply would be much appreciated.

I call +1-613-944-4000 from India everyday which is costing me a FORTUNE to know the status from the automated voice system but it just says one thing that they are reviewing the application and would contact me once they have the decision.

Any reply from the members of the Forum would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!
Hey Bunny, Did you receive your approval letter? my work permit is being processed in bangalore and i already have got TRV stamped but still waiting for approval letter from past 15 days. I called the number which you have provided and checked my status it tells me that your application has been approved please check messages section for further details. Since i don't have the login details as lawyer has it i am not able to check it.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hey Bunny, Did you receive your approval letter? my work permit is being processed in bangalore and i already have got TRV stamped but still waiting for approval letter from past 15 days. I called the number which you have provided and checked my status it tells me that your application has been approved please check messages section for further details. Since i don't have the login details as lawyer has it i am not able to check it.
Pls share ur time line,

Did u applied for workpermit

Pls update

shaam

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Means? Not getting what you want to say
please contact the university of bc..whether the position you applied is still is open mode..
i already send some link stating that the program is close..
i too know u r in final stage..
lets try to finalize yours doubts

vasuv001

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Hi Guys,

I am from India.

My lawyer from Canada has filed for my Work Permit on 02nd Sept, 2017 through Online post Positive LMIA.

I dont have an access to the login details to check the status of my application as my Lawyer has the common login details for all their clients.

Can anyone please let me know tentatively by when can I hear a positive reply from the CIC as I have my joining date at Work as 01st November.

@scylla and all senior members of the Forum your reply would be much appreciated.

I call +1-613-944-4000 from India everyday which is costing me a FORTUNE to know the status from the automated voice system but it just says one thing that they are reviewing the application and would contact me once they have the decision.

Any reply from the members of the Forum would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!!!
@Bunny

Any updates

Pls share bro

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
I am still waiting to get approval on Work Permit.

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
So you haven't received passport submission request from IRCC?
No bro....

I an still waiting to get approval on Work Permit and a medical request.

What date you filed your Work Permit?

Was it Online or Paper?

Is it Lmia based or exempt?

Your reply would be appreciated.

Cheers!!!