+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visitor Visa Processing Times and Passport return from NYC

dinkuu

Mar 25, 2013
Hello All,

I want to update visitor processing times for benefit of other users.

Applied online - Feb-25-2013
Passport Request date - March-24-2013
Send Passport to NYC- March-25-2013
Passport Received - - Apr- 10 - 2013

As you can see Approx. Time for total Processing is around 57 days. Most frustrating thing is once you send in your application there is no way to check the current status of application unless you get email from CIC office or NYC consulate office. In NYC it goes to voice mail and it informes you can't get any updates from them as they are busy processing applications. This is not acceptable and will turn way lot of visitor visa asparents.

Thanks,
Dink

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
its sad that it takes 57 days.....I have applies on 19th April... want to get it before 22nd May.... see this time frame i m really sad.

hey I have query if u can answer. I have posted on this forum. I thot to paste that link but posting link is not allowed here so I am pasting my query here:

Canadian visitor/tourist visa online query
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:23:50 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove
I have applied for canadian visitor visa through online application.After submission I received submission confirmation message. Now i see one link as "Eligibility Verification". On click it asks about "Select the province or territory of your current educational institution (school)."
And the drop down has all Canadian province name.
I am confused as why I am being asked for this. I just need to visit Canada for tourism not for studying.
Can you help me in understanding why this asked.
Also request you to please let me know how i can get any update on my application status.

I will really appreciate your response to my query.
Thanks in advance for you help.

Request you to please read and reply.

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
I got that too. I didnt know what to do because I am not gonna work in Canada. I just submitted mine online on Apr22 and hope to get it back before Jun10. The problem is I didnt submit my DS2019 (Im here as a J-1 USA visa)because I thought they needed the original document by mail after submitting the application online. Do you think they will reject my application or ask me to submit? I am nervouse right now.

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
Hey
after submitting canadian visitor visa application when I check my application I can see that on clicking IMM5257 Application , Additional Family Information IMM5645. comes as blank.
But I had uploaded filled pdf... why its blank now??? any idea

Dbs

Apr 6, 2013
pinklily said:
Hey
after submitting canadian visitor visa application when I check my application I can see that on clicking IMM5257 Application , Additional Family Information IMM5645. comes as blank.
But I had uploaded filled pdf... why its blank now??? any idea
That's okay, actual filled in document was transmitted to CIC.. I had also observed the same..

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
hey thanks a lot for replying!! really appreciate you help!!

one more thing I am getting "Eligibility Verification" link. On click it asks about "Select the province or territory of your current educational institution (school)."
I am confused as why I am being asked for this. I just need to visit Canada for tourism not for studying.
Can you help me in understanding why this asked. Did you too got that?? Do I need to do anythg about it.

After online submission do I need to send all those document by post too?

Thanks in advance!!

phantira29

Apr 22, 2013
pinklily said:
hey thanks a lot for replying!! really appreciate you help!!

one more thing I am getting "Eligibility Verification" link. On click it asks about "Select the province or territory of your current educational institution (school)."
Can you help me in understanding why this asked. Did you too got that?? Do I need to do anythg about it.

After online submission do I need to send all those document by post too?

Thanks in advance!!
I don't think you need to send all those document by post. That's why I didn't submit one of my important docs cus I thought I needed to submit them by post after the online app. :eek: All I can do now is to wait for them to request me the doc or get my app rejected. *Pray*

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
Finally got my passport back!!!! ;D Here is my timeline:

9 March: Applied for TRV Online
1 April: Passport Request
3 April: Passport Received at NYC Consulate
22 April: Email from Consulate says "Please note your application is currentlybeing finalized and all your documents will be returned to you shortly."
24 April: Email from Consulate says "Please be advised that we have sent your decision this morning by Express Mail tracking #xxxxx"
25 April: Passport received!!!

A few things to note: both emails from the consulate were sent only after I emailed them every day, sometimes several times a day. Note that in both messages they refrain from saying if your visa was approved.

The date of issue on my Visa is "1 April 2013" so I don't know why it takes so long for them to return the documents. On the other hand, they gave me a Student visa even though I asked for a Visitor visa--I don't know if that delayed anything or why they decided that....

Also, someone had asked on another thread about whether Ottawa (can't remember who?) processed online applications, and I think they do because my stamp says the visa was issues at "CPP Ottawa."

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! And thanks for sharing and supporting my anxieties! :)

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
Hi pinkkiller,

Previously I was getting "Eligibilty Verification" which was not applicable so I deleted it.
After that I am geting "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification" not sure why and what its purpose.

"A few things to note: both emails from the consulate were sent only after I emailed them every day,
sometimes several times a day." --- which Id you sent this email and when Note that in both messages they refrain from saying if your visa was approved.

"The date of issue on my Visa is "1 April 2013" so I don't know why it takes so long for them to return the documents. "-- return documents??? you applied online thn wich document they returned you??
"On the other hand, they gave me a Student visa even though I asked for a Visitor visa--I don't know if that delayed
anything or why they decided that...."-- Student visa ?? so currently you have student visa... isnt incorrect???

Also, someone had asked on another thread about whether Ottawa (can't remember who?) processed online applications,
and I think they do because my stamp says the visa was issues at "CPP Ottawa."

Please reply to my query. Really appreciate

killerpink

Apr 16, 2013
pinklily said:
Hi pinkkiller,

Previously I was getting "Eligibilty Verification" which was not applicable so I deleted it.
After that I am geting "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification" not sure why and what its purpose.

"A few things to note: both emails from the consulate were sent only after I emailed them every day,
sometimes several times a day." --- which Id you sent this email and when Note that in both messages they refrain from saying if your visa was approved.

"The date of issue on my Visa is "1 April 2013" so I don't know why it takes so long for them to return the documents. "-- return documents??? you applied online thn wich document they returned you??
"On the other hand, they gave me a Student visa even though I asked for a Visitor visa--I don't know if that delayed
anything or why they decided that...."-- Student visa ?? so currently you have student visa... isnt incorrect???

Also, someone had asked on another thread about whether Ottawa (can't remember who?) processed online applications,
and I think they do because my stamp says the visa was issues at "CPP Ottawa."

Please reply to my query. Really appreciate
Hi! Here are my answers to your qs:

The OCWP link appears on all CIC application pages, it's not something you have to click on or submit. You just have to worry about the "documents checklist." So don't worry about the transfer of eligibility link.

Email: I emailed them every day once it was past the 30 days mark. Sent email to newyork-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Return documents: I meant my passport. :) They also return the passport request letter stamped by the consulate.

Student visa: I am going to Canada to take a short, 5-day course. I didn't need a student permit because it was such a short stay, only a visitor visa. But they decided to change it and gave me the student visa anyways.

Hope that answers your questions!

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
Hi All,
Its so frustrating its been more that a month and no update on my visa from Canadian consulate.

All I see is "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification" why do I get this?? :(
on clicking this link its about college or institute which irrelevant for me as I have applied for tourist visa.... any help / suggestion from anyone??

As suggested in above mail I have emailed to that address not sure if they would respond :( :(

sumitnagal

Jun 14, 2013
hi Pinkilly,

Can you please let me know ..
have you got your visa from canada ??
total how much time it took for you, to online submission to TRV and then submitting passport and final visa.

I really appreciate your help, as I am planing to travelling in second week of July and I applied on first week of June.
is it possible to go and submit passport in person ..

-Sumit

lhiz28

May 18, 2013
pinklily said:
Hi All,
Its so frustrating its been more that a month and no update on my visa from Canadian consulate.

All I see is "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification" why do I get this?? :(
on clicking this link its about college or institute which irrelevant for me as I have applied for tourist visa.... any help / suggestion from anyone??

As suggested in above mail I have emailed to that address not sure if they would respond :( :(
We are facing same dilema pinklily.. What whappend to your application? I submitted my TRV online application last July 29 and still no upadare until now