+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Visitor Extension APPROVED

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
I just noticed today that it says "CLOSED/APPROVED" for my online application to extend my visitor visa, and that they will send me a letter.
I have not received any new messages in my account - I was wondering how long it typically takes to receive this?

MH_UK

Nov 2, 2012
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2013
AOR Received.
02-09-2013
Med's Request
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
21/05/2014
LANDED..........
Not yet
How long did it take?(in terms of working days) and were was your visa office?Congrats

gen121

May 20, 2010
I am planning to extend my visitors visa in a few days.
Please, what are plausible reasons for Visa extension that are favored by Immigration Canada?

I came in on a Business/Visitor Visa.

Responses will be appreciated.
Thanks.

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
I applied to extend my visitor visa from within Canada, I did my application online, not sure what office?
I applied online on February 16th, noticed the "APPROVED" in my CIC account last night, so February 26th.
I applied to extend my visa as my wife and I are working on INLAND application forms to have me sponsored to move to Canada as her spouse - I am a US Citizen.
Not really sure what to tell you gen121 - maybe some others on forums have more insight for you.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
I have applied visa extension for my wife, in fact I have followed online questionnaire, which prompted to fill Visa extension application. However today they have withdrawal the application with below reason.

Any idea what could be the issue?

You are currently in possession of a permit which confers status as a temporary resident in Canada. A temporary resident visa cannot be issued at our office.
Quick response will be appreciated.

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applying extension in Canada, online or paper, are both done by CPC VEGREVILLE, in Alberta.

You will receive a letter from the CPC by mail in your mail box. So check your mails! ;D

gen121

May 20, 2010
GMCSierra said:
I applied to extend my visitor visa from within Canada, I did my application online, not sure what office?
I applied online on February 16th, noticed the "APPROVED" in my CIC account last night, so February 26th.
I applied to extend my visa as my wife and I are working on INLAND application forms to have me sponsored to move to Canada as her spouse - I am a US Citizen.
Not really sure what to tell you gen121 - maybe some others on forums have more insight for you.
Thanks GMCSierra. I will try the open forum.

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
Received APPROVED status through my CIC account on February 26th.. still have not received anything in the mail from them.
What should I do now? Just keep waiting?...

poppyweise

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Saskatchewan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where are you GMC? Far from AB? Just wait for a couple working days and see. You should be receiving it next week I suppose.

GMCSierra

Feb 22, 2014
Received it in mail on Friday - however, requested 6months + (preferably 1 year) as my wife is applying to sponsor me as her spouse to move to Canada (inland application), and they only approved the extension for 3 months?!