+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Online Turkish police certificate

Sep 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

I recently applied for express entry and I was required to submit a police clearance certificate from Turkey. I got one from their online portal, e-Develet, but the immigration office did not accept it saying that this online police certificate "did not include the archived records".

Although the certificate clearly states, "RESULTS OF CRIMINAL RECORD INVESTIGATION (**): THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD.", they are still objecting over it.

Before submitting, I even contacted Turkish consulate in Vancouver, BC and asked about the validity of this online version of police certificate and they totally endorsed it. However, it seems that CIC is ready to accept it.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever tried using a police certificate downloaded from e-devlet for their express entry application?

Sep 10, 2019
Could you please elaborate more on this statement?

My question is actually, how this online version is different? The online version also includes search results of archived records.

The online version of the certificate clearly states: "RESULTS OF CRIMINAL RECORD INVESTIGATION (**): THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD.".

Anyways, I am trying to get in touch with the consulate to get one for me. The problem is that the consulate is in BC and they want me to come there in person all the way from AB to apply for it :/

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi, I am also in a similar situation. For my EE application, I obtained a police certificate from Turkish Consulate (Vancouver, BC) but it only had the statement 'THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD.' I told the consulate about including the results of archived records in the certificate and they said they couldn't do it. They kept saying that the document they gave me was correct. I trusted the consulate and submitted the application with presumably the wrong PCC document.

Two weeks after submission, on this Monday, I got a password for e-devlet (e-government) and obtained a new PCC with the statement that specifically says
"THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO ARCHIVAL CRIMINAL RECORD" and sent a case specific enquiry to IRCC and attached this new document. However, today I logged in to the immigration and website and saw that my application was cancelled. The rationale behind the decision was that "The Police certificate from Turkey that you provided with your application is not acceptable."

I believe the agent didn't see the new document that I attached to my document and based their decision on reviewing the old document.

@nabil_khalid56 did you have your application rejected for being incomplete too? how do you know that the immigration office didn't accept your document?

Sep 10, 2019
Hi,

So you are telling me that when you applied using the police certificate issued by the Vancouver consulate, CIC objected saying that your application is incomplete?

I applied using the online one and they also said me that the application is incomplete. Now I was working to get the one from Vancouver consulate and it is strange to hear from you that the CIC is not accepting accepting that.

If both of them, the online version and the one issued by the consulate, are not being accepted, then what should be done? CIC clearly states on their website to "apply at your nearest Turkish Embassy" and still, they are not accepting the one issued by the Vancouver consulate!!! This is very strange.

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Did your PCC have the statement "THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO ARCHIVAL CRIMINAL RECORD" written?

What was the exact wording in the cancellation/refusal letter you received? Mine said, "The Police certificate from Turkey that you provided with your application is not acceptable."

Sep 10, 2019
The one I got from their online portal has the following statement "RESULTS OF CRIMINAL RECORD INVESTIGATION (**): THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD."

The objection of CIC was, "The Police certificate from Turkey that you provided with your application is not acceptable because it did not include the archived records.".

So what exactly do they want?

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
I believe it needs to have both statements written:

RESULTS OF CRIMINAL RECORD INVESTIGATION (**)

"THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD.

THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO ARCHIVAL CRIMINAL RECORD."

Sep 10, 2019
Yes, I selected the first one. However, I did it a year ago and now my e-develet doesnt work anymore. So now I am only left with the option of getting it from the consulate.

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Um so did your PCC have this statement or not, "THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO ARCHIVAL CRIMINAL RECORD"?

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
I hate to break it to you but the PCC from the consulate is still going to have ONLY the first statement. I saw the agent at the Turkish Consulate generate the PCC in front of me two days ago and there is no way to add the second statement about archived records. The one I had also only had the first statement written and my application was cancelled on the grounds that the PCC is unacceptable. It didn't even refer to it not having the archived records.

To reiterate, I believe the PCC needs to include these both statements:

1. "THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO CRIMINAL RECORD."

2. "THE PERSON WHOSE IDENTITY INFORMATION IS WRITTEN ABOVE HAS NO ARCHIVAL CRIMINAL RECORD."

For now you can get the PCC with both statements written from e-devlet or Adalet Bakanligi locations in Turkey. I wouldn't make the trip to Vancouver from AB just to get the incomplete PCC document though.

PRguyslp

Jan 19, 2020
Do let me know if PCC with archival records from e-devlet will do or do I need the certficate from Adalet Saray, which might need to be translated later?

Thanks