+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"online status and more proof" question

razz7

Jan 19, 2010
hello all, I am sure this question is buried deep but if someone could give me a quick reply it will be great.

I sponsered my spouse who lives in another country. I sent in my application to missisauga and got a quick reply of "decision made" on the online status (in land processing). The package has now been fwd to the country to where she lives but the status says "Not Available". Will this ever change to "in process" or will it only change once a decision is made?

Also i did the application myself and because of our vast history and strong relationship, only sent basic proof such as multiple passport photocopies of proof of visiting each other(it was alot of visits), wedding photos and photos of us in canada and on vacations, invitations to events and proof of milittary leave passes(i am an officer in the military). But now since i am reading this forum i feel anxious about more proof. Will Immigration Official contact us if they need to see more proof (for an interview)? or is it a done deal for whatever was sealed in the envelope. Is it possible to post additional proof? Or just wait for the call. (hurry up and wait !)

thanks a million, i really appreciate this forum
cheers

Juche

Star Member
May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2009
AOR Received.
17-11-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2010
Sounds like you provided enough proof. Just sit tight and if they have any doubts, then yes you will be called in for an interview.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
Yes, eventually you will see 'In Process' on ECAS. How soon that will happen depends on the visa office though - some don't update ECAS for months, others will update it a couple of weeks after the sponsorship is approved. What visa office are you dealing with?

I think what you provided should be enough proof. If it isn't, they will call you (or rather your wife, if she is the applicant) for an interview and you can bring any additional proof you can think of to it.

yulye

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2010
Hi Razz,

I'm not sure about the "In process", but it seems like someone else has already answered that. I did want to encourage you about the amount of "proof" that you included. We are yet to send our application, but are almost finished it, and don't have nearly the same amount of proof as some of those who have posted here. What we do have is similar to you: travel documents of trips together, photographs, and some cards and emails from family members and friends addressed to both of us. We have been together a long time, but we don't have love letters to each other, romantic emails, and we definitely haven't kept every ticket for every thing, or taken a photograph on every trip/event. I have been nervous about it too, and still am, but like other posters said, if they think it's not enough, they'll call you for an interview. And if your case is legitimate, it should be evident!

Good luck!

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
If I were an immigration officer, I would be more comfortable with a less than perfect application then a perfect application. Absolutely perfect evidence would look planned. Correct me if I am wrong, but those of us who are in real relationships don't plan the immigration process ahead of time. We suddenly realize when the time is right, "Oh my God, now I have to prove this!". Did I keep all of my tickets proving my visits? No!! I have tickets for only 4 of 6 visits. Did I take lots of pictures each time? No!! I have a picture here and there, and a bundle of letters from all the people in our respective lives that we have each met. Everybody in my wife's life knows me and visa versa. In fact, one person in my wife's life thoroughly disapproves of me (her USA sort of adopted mother [ don't ask me to explain this! lol]). At first I was worried about this, but I now think it is a good thing. It makes the relationship real to someone who has never met us.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Immigration and consular officers have a lot of training on how to deal with particular situation, and experience as well, so their thinking is completely different from ours, so any guessing on our part (or attempts to reason ourselves to a conclusion) is likely to be a futile attempt at gaining more understanding.

We know what the application requires, and we know what is considered supporting evidence; use that knowledge to make the best application possible, do not worry about anything you have done right, and let them do the rest.